OTAs

HoosierCat

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Eifert apparently not working today either. Hangnail maybe?

Eifert was hurt in the pro bowl and is recovering from that foot or ankle problem,  probably taking it slow.  Can't remember if it required surgery but he was in a boot afterward.

Some notes from Dehner:

Shaw was the slot corner in drills today, looked good.

Alford had a bad day with three drops including a perfect deep pass.

Kumerow had a good day, caught a TD.

UDFA Erickson made some noise.

Burfict was back, stripped Kroft in the end zone (Kroft recovered).

Just to follow up, after practice Maualuga was spotted in the locker room so, as the DDN guy helpfully put it, "he's around."

To me the fact that he's present but not even going out of the sideline strongly suggests there's either an illness or injury issue. And the team's silence has me leaning toward the latter.

The only other thing I can think of is that he's deep, deep, deep in the doghouse for some reason.

I guess we'll see.

Like the new look for Burfict.

In regards to Crocker, this piece of the article intrigued me in regards to what he may be able to share with our guys.

"I started refereeing before I even retired, so I sort of learned the knacks of it and what they were looking for and who was looking at me and how I could cheat a little bit more. I think it helped extend my career, because I knew what I could get away with."