Week 13

Philadelphia Eagles at Cincinnati (-5)

Week 14

Cincinnati (-7.5) at Cleveland Browns

Week 15

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati (PK)

Week 16

Cincinnati (-1) at Houston Texans

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/15629356/nfl-full-list-cincinnati-bengals-point-spreads-weeks-1-16

Yeah, that's me.  Call me a sucker for really cheap tickets and a chance to see the youngsters play.
I've got my youngest in the mix this year, so the cost factor just jumped way up on me.

I will certainly be at the first game against the Vikings with the kids and may or may not catch the last one against the Colts.
I wish the 3rd game was at home and not the last.  Usually a big difference in who you see playing.

Oh yeah, for anyone curious and as an example, vividseats has tickets to the first game for as low as $12 bucks a pop.
Upper deck, but for $12 bucks, who cares ??  If you want to spend another 4 dollars you can get 50 yard line uppers for $16.

I went this route last season and took the family to the Bears preseason game.  Everyone had a great time and I got to shake the hand of Army and thank him for telling me about the great prices on tickets for these games.

I wont be able to get to a game this season, but I am going to be in town for the WEBN fireworks show on Labor Day.  I have not seen one since the 90's, when my oldest son was a teenager.  Now that my two younger kids are that age it is time to take them to the best fireworks show I've ever seen.

If you are season ticket holder,  having the 4th preseason game at home sucks.   It's on a Thursday before a holiday weekend.   I don't buy the "jobs on the line" selling pitch because the roster is 99.9% set prior.      Just sit around hoping a key reserve player doesn't get hurt.

But if you are able to pick tickets up on the cheap.  The 4th game is good entertainment to start the long weekend. 

This year the Bengals drastically dropped the price of preseason tickets and spread the difference over the regular season.  Which is smart and lessens the sting a little.

21 hours ago, TJJackson said:

so we're favored (or even) in every game

Does anyone wonder if we'd be favored in a projected round 1 playoff game? :-( 

TJ we aren't favored in every game.  The team that is favored will have a parenthesis after their name, with a negative number, this number being the points you have to give if you are taking the favorite.  Not overly proud that I know various sports gambling shorthand.  

Thus if it's My Giant Wiener vs TJ's Granny (-4.5), TJ's Granny would be the favorite.  (Though why My Giant Wiener would be the underdog in this scenario is unclear.)

• Like 1

well, I think I have established it firmly that Granny is dead, so........other than in a contest for decomposing, I think your wiener, as long as it remains attached in its normal/natural position - no matter what it's cubic displacement - would have the upper hand in most contests

6 hours ago, TJJackson said:

well, I think I have established it firmly that Granny is dead, so........other than in a contest for decomposing, I think your wiener, as long as it remains attached in its normal/natural position - no matter what it's cubic displacement - would have the upper hand in most contests

I win again.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Of course get through Cleveland first....

However the Bengals will beat the Steelers at 1pm.   Miss the opportunity to actually win on NBC Sunday Night Football (has never happened)  Miss the opportunity to shove it Chris Collinsworth's face. 

Then next year they'll meet on SNF and promptly get beat.