Schedule Out Tonight

HoosierCat

I honestly can't wait to see how the Bengals vs. Steelers match ups land.     I assume both are primetime games.    Do they wait for Burfict to return?  

Any matchups favoring one team over the other as far as coming off bye weeks or short weeks?    I think I would like to travel to Pittsburgh first maybe beginning of October.

27 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I honestly can't wait to see how the Bengals vs. Steelers match ups land.     I assume both are primetime games.    Do they wait for Burfict to return?  

I think the first Bengals-Steelers clash will coincide with Burficts return and be either a late Sun game or a Mon or Thurs night football slot ....it's too much of a tempter for the TV companies to pass on it surely??

32 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Hey guess what? Bengals Tstart on the road for the 11,456th straight season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/14/first-leaked-regular-season-matchup-bengals-to-open-at-jets/

The guys over at JetNation arent too thrilled having to open against the Bengals, even if it is at home.

2nd game of the year, at Pittsburgh.  

So the catch at the game but later, wait, not a catch call, the rescinded fine for hair pulling (no call on field), the Shazier crown hit not called but now it's a foul, and the Joey Porter baiting our guys on the field, all that wasn't enough?  Now we have to go on the road during the suspension and play these dirty fucks?  The NFL is basically trolling us now.  Eat shit Roger Goodell.

Until the steelers miss the playoffs 5 years in a row or more, the NFL will glorify them and stick it to Paul Brown's Bengals until the end of time.  Why the Rooneys have so much pull in the league is beyond me.  Pure profit from a huge media-created fan base?  I don't know.... Any one got a better theory?

6 hours ago, GapControl said:

Until the steelers miss the playoffs 5 years in a row or more, the NFL will glorify them and stick it to Paul Brown's Bengals until the end of time.  Why the Rooneys have so much pull in the league is beyond me.  Pure profit from a huge media-created fan base?  I don't know.... Any one got a better theory?

I see they have one of the games during Burfict's vacation.  Rooney rules the roost with the commissioner.

If Rooney had his way, he would have had the Bengals opener at Pittsburgh and game 3 with Pittsburgh at Cincy!

@ NYJ (9/11) 1pm - W

@ PIT 1pm - L

DEN 1pm - L

MIA TNF - W

@ DAL 4:25pm - L

@ NE 1pm - W

CLE 1pm - W

WAS (London) - W

BYE (5-3)

@ NYG MNF - L

BUF 1pm - W

@ BAL 1pm - W

PHL 1pm - W

@ CLE 1pm - W

PIT SNF - L

@ HOU TNF on Saturday - L

BAL 1pm - L (9-7)

15 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

@ NYJ (9/11) 1pm - W

@ PIT 1pm - L

DEN 1pm - L

MIA TNF - W

@ DAL 4:25pm - L

@ NE 1pm - W

CLE 1pm - W

WAS (London) - W

BYE (5-3)

@ NYG MNF - L

BUF 1pm - W

@ BAL 1pm - W

PHL 1pm - W

@ CLE 1pm - W

PIT SNF - L

BAL 1pm - L (9-7)

Pretty much on the mark Cat!  Steelers will always dominate them with attitude alone, and they can't win in primetime!

45 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

Pretty much on the mark Cat!  Steelers will always dominate them with attitude alone, and they can't win in primetime!

Was only thinking of those issues on the margins. My main concerns are the hit the passing game takes losing Jones and Sanu, and the turnover in the secondary.I think both units are poised to take a step back -- not a big one, but just enough to make the difference between a 9-win and an 11-win season. But we'll see.

@ NYJ (9/11) 1pm - W

@ PIT 1pm - L

DEN 1pm - W

MIA TNF - W

@ DAL 4:25pm - W

@ NE 1pm - L

CLE 1pm - W

WAS (London) - W

BYE (5-3)

@ NYG MNF - L

BUF 1pm - W

@ BAL 1pm - L

PHL 1pm - W

@ CLE 1pm - W

PIT SNF - W

BAL 1pm - W (11-5)

@somebody, wild card L (11-6)

• Like 1

Bengals caught huge breaks in the schedule last season getting Seattle at home following them playing on MNF.    Then KC at home following KC on Road MNF.

I never buy into the knee jerk reaction about the schedule being easy or hard.    Every year it seems to be the same.   The NFL is a parity league and Injury and momentum are bigger factors.

Primetime and Playoff games will be the biggest concerns as usual.