Zampese to OC, Jim Haslett Hired as LB Coach

HoosierCat

It's all about Dalton and keeping him going in the right direction. 

I'm not going to bash the guy before he makes a call. I thought hiring Guenther was horrible and it turned out ok, so hopefully this will go just as good. 

I like the hiring of Hasslet to LB coach brings some good experience to the staff, just so he is not the DC we are good lol.

2 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

It's all about Dalton and keeping him going in the right direction. 

I'm not going to bash the guy before he makes a call. I thought hiring Guenther was horrible and it turned out ok, so hopefully this will go just as good. 

I like the hiring of Hasslet to LB coach brings some good experience to the staff, just so he is not the DC we are good lol.

Just what we need to take a step forward.  A coach that's been here since 2003.  Never called a play and nobody has asked for his services.

Guenther was sought out and stayed here.  His players stuck up for him and praised him.

Zampese is a dud.  We'll all find out soon enough.  This was a mercy hire.   

I liked Hue, but I can't say that the offense this past season was some gigantic leap forward in design or playcalling. It was still basically Gruden's O with some Jacksonian flourishes. (And I certainly could have lived without Hue's goofy tackle wide formations or the obsession with passing to Fisher.) Most of the improvement seemed to come from Dalton, whio was finally making reads and audibles like a veteran QB should.

I see this hiring as a desire to maintain continuity and a vote of confidence in Andy's ability to run the offense.

Jim Haslett is an interesting hire. IIRC he and Marvin are old pals. I wonder if he's meant to be the next in line now that Hue left...?

• Like 2

Zamp was sought after by others for there OC jobs, I think we all knew this was going to happen.

Dalton this year did an awesome job with his reads and audibles, that keeping the same offense intact will help him continue to grow.

I can't say this is a great move or horrible move, nobody can because we have yet to see his offense. I'm willing to give him a shot before putting him down. Let's see what he has to say.

Now if they bring back Coyle for DB coach, that will be one heck of a defensive staff. 

Haslett's place of birth?  

PITTSBURGH, PENNSYLVANIA!!!

He was also the Steelers defensive coordinator from '97 to '99.  

That may sound bad, but he is redeemed by his service in 2009 as head coach for Cincinattii Bengals farm team the mighty Florida Tuskers!

49 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

I liked Hue, but I can't say that the offense this past season was some gigantic leap forward in design or playcalling. It was still basically Gruden's O with some Jacksonian flourishes. (And I certainly could have lived without Hue's goofy tackle wide formations or the obsession with passing to Fisher.) Most of the improvement seemed to come from Dalton, whio was finally making reads and audibles like a veteran QB should.

I see this hiring as a desire to maintain continuity and a vote of confidence in Andy's ability to run the offense.

Jim Haslett is an interesting hire. IIRC he and Marvin are old pals. I wonder if he's meant to be the next in line now that Hue left...?

I really think Guenther is going to be the head coach when Marvin leaves. 

Not really sure how I feel about it, but really think he is the next man up.

18 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Zamp was sought after by others for there OC jobs, I think we all knew this was going to happen.

Dalton this year did an awesome job with his reads and audibles, that keeping the same offense intact will help him continue to grow.

I can't say this is a great move or horrible move, nobody can because we have yet to see his offense. I'm willing to give him a shot before putting him down. Let's see what he has to say.

Now if they bring back Coyle for DB coach, that will be one heck of a defensive staff. 

I have confidence in Andy's audibles. As a matter of fact if he had been in the playoff game you probably wouldn't have seen that horrific two-point conversion play call!

If there's anything in this that I like it's that Andy won't have some aspiring OC coming in and forcing a system.  

Maybe it will help him even more to develop if he has a dead fish handshake coach coaching the offense.  He'll be forced to turning into Manning-lite.

There's my bit of positivity.  (Back to needing a snickers bar mode)

Bring the Fire Haslett lol!

Well everyone wants to complain about the lack of playoff wins, Marvin is still here, but changes to coaching staff are happening.

They also talked to Tim Lewis the 49ers DB coach for the same position. I like that move if they go that way, but still want Coyle. He might get a DC job though.

Not worried about zamp getting the OC job. Dalton's not a first year qb. He still going to see make adjustments as the game goes on. Bengals are still winless in the postseason under marv. To see this many coaches jumping ship is a concern. I think hasslett was brought in to replace Gunther . If he moves up or also decides to leave. To me. It's time, marvin had his chances. It's pretty clear so far. He can't get the job done. Lame duck coach just like marty. Different Level. But a good comparison. John Cooper=marvin lewis. Osu was finally able to beat mich and win a title after they got rid of cooper. Marvins done great things here as Cooper did at osu. But being good and losing at the end of the year. Should not be accepted.  Yet some how it is. Bengals only need to look in marvins direction.  If they want to know why they can't get out the first rd. 

On 15/01/2016, 19:13:23, volcom69 said:

keeping the same offense intact will help him continue to grow.

Is the offence staying intact?? - I can't say I like the move of making Zampese OC and think the excuses are already lining up .......Moobs could be gone along with Winston, Marvin Jones or Sanu or both may be out the door, TJ Johnson and Brandon Tate are also up for expiration, Fisher playing OL as opposed to TE, and getting ooglyboogly into the scheme as Whit ages another year ....I think there's plenty of changes coming for the O