2016 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

According to Hobs they had $15 million to spend in FA and with Tate, Iloka, Pacman and Winston were at $20 million and now you have VInny too so I think they are going to have to cut Geno and Dunlap to get under the cap.

By all reports they are done signing anything but leftovers.

16 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

According to Hobs they had $15 million to spend in FA and with Tate, Iloka, Pacman and Winston were at $20 million and now you have VInny too so I think they are going to have to cut Geno and Dunlap to get under the cap.

By all reports they are done signing anything but leftovers.

Expected nothing more anyways, it's just the way the bengals are.

Resisting the urge to write 2000 word diatribe/screed eviscerating the troika for signing Winston.  Seems like such a stiff to me.  I think they just want that depth that will at least know who to hold when a catastrophic series of events unfolds and you are forced to put him in the game.  

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Per the twitters, Nelson is getting a look from DC while Moobs is talking with Minny.

Can't confirm Andre to Minny, but the Sizzler out by the Minneapolis airport just had 10 foot concrete highway barriers installed around their building and a large sign went up that says, "Sorry, All You Can Eat Buffet CLOSED Until Further Notice!"

• Like 1

Further suspicious activity - the Buca Di Beppo that is 2 miles from the Vikings' facility just went to Defcon 5.  They've turned off the power, put up a sign apologizing for all the ebola and zika cases their food caused, and are allowing stray pit bulls to roam freely in the empty restaurant.  

sanu got paid a lot of money for being a marginal player at best. lets be real the falcons are a joke. now marvin jones this guy must be a complete fool. why in the world would you turn down basically the same money to play for the lions??? the lion are so horrible 2 (barry and calvin) of the better players in the nfl quit because these guys suck. honestly i think the both will regret the move. reminds me of johnson and collins leaving for tampa. we all seen how that worked out. i could understand if they left for better teams, they didn't those two teams are barely a step above the browns. as for nelson i can see offering iiloka the money and not him. i really liked reggie, how many more quality seasons does he really have left? then tate what the fuck is marvins love affair with these below average players? no wonder marvin cant win a playoff game. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cincy9275 said:

sanu got paid a lot of money for being a marginal player at best. lets be real the falcons are a joke. now marvin jones this guy must be a complete fool. why in the world would you turn down basically the same money to play for the lions??? the lion are so horrible 2 (barry and calvin) of the better players in the nfl quit because these guys suck. honestly i think the both will regret the move. reminds me of johnson and collins leaving for tampa. we all seen how that worked out. i could understand if they left for better teams, they didn't those two teams are barely a step above the browns. as for nelson i can see offering iiloka the money and not him. i really liked reggie, how many more quality seasons does he really have left? then tate what the fuck is marvins love affair with these below average players? no wonder marvin cant win a playoff game. 

I won't begrudge a guy for wanting to move on. Sanu would have had a much bigger role here had he stayed but they were not gonna pay him that much. he will help the Falcons quite a bit. Jones is a head scratcher. last Bengal to go to Lions IIRC was Rudi Johnson. not a good precedent. for even money, he should have stayed. I think they know Nelson has only so many more miles left. Iloka was the better investment. Let's see if they can find a couple nice players who fit. also, lets hope Ogbuehi is ready for RT...

21 hours ago, COB said:

Can't confirm Andre to Minny, but the Sizzler out by the Minneapolis airport just had 10 foot concrete highway barriers installed around their building and a large sign went up that says, "Sorry, All You Can Eat Buffet CLOSED Until Further Notice!"

ha. but the pitbulls dont scare me. a few starved Malinois, then u r truly fucked.

well Nelson is the same age as pacman,but I guess this gives them time to continue to get the young guys ready and pacman could always move free safety in the future if he starts to slow down...

4 hours ago, kingwilly said:

I won't begrudge a guy for wanting to move on. Sanu would have had a much bigger role here had he stayed but they were not gonna pay him that much. he will help the Falcons quite a bit. Jones is a head scratcher. last Bengal to go to Lions IIRC was Rudi Johnson. not a good precedent. for even money, he should have stayed. I think they know Nelson has only so many more miles left. Iloka was the better investment. Let's see if they can find a couple nice players who fit. also, lets hope Ogbuehi is ready for RT..

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:09 PM, COB said:

Is it our job to supply the league with coaches and players?  I guess it is just a function of success.  

Function of success.  Ray Lewis is solely responsible for what seems and endless supply of Raven D coaches getting coordinator and head coaching opportunities.

I feel bad for Reggie Nelson.  Teams are likely looking at him as a guy who's skills, as often happens with safeties, are about to fall off a cliff.  

They are wrong.  Some safeties just bash themselves into oblivion.  Think Troy Palamalou.  They are kind of like running backs, one huge collision after another, then one day they lose a shitload of quickness and speed and they're done.

Reggie has been so careful.  He'll deliver a hit once in a while, but more often than not he's reaching and grabbing to initiate a tackle.  He keeps his shoulders and head out of harms way much more than most safeties.  He could have a lot left.  I'm not cracking on the guy, but he tackles like a corner more than a safety.

If he can't get Zim or the Redskins to pay him, I hope the Bengals will jump in there and compete.  Reggie on a 3 year deal would be huge.

1 minute ago, COB said:

I feel bad for Reggie Nelson.  Teams are likely looking at him as a guy who's skills, as often happens with safeties, are about to fall off a cliff.  

They are wrong.  Some safeties just bash themselves into oblivion.  Think Troy Palamalou.  They are kind of like running backs, one huge collision after another, then one day they lose a shitload of quickness and speed and they're done.

Reggie has been so careful.  He'll deliver a hit once in a while, but more often than not he's reaching and grabbing to initiate a tackle.  He keeps his shoulders and head out of harms way much more than most safeties.  He could have a lot left.  I'm not cracking on the guy, but he tackles like a corner more than a safety.

If he can't get Zim or the Redskins to pay him, I hope the Bengals will jump in there and compete.  Reggie on a 3 year deal would be huge.

Except for that time when he hit Owen Daniels so hard he thought he was still playing for the Texans when he got up.

He'll definitely hit, he's just cautious about it.  He parses it out.  Two year deal makes the most sense, but he'll want 4.  The Troika offered him two and he scoffed at it, understandably.  Stupid Dan Snyder will probably give him 5 years then cut him after one.