2016 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

If the Bengals can keep most of there guys then I'll be ok, but if all these guys start walking then what a disaster it will be.

Going outside the organization is not there game, so they better act fast. Worst case is these guys leave and end up playing in the division!

It's not just Zim and what he inspires. Bengals coaching staff was gutted & that means weaker ties for our own players. No real idea what it will be like come late summer, so more willing to look at other options.

i think we're hellascrewed but we'll see.

11 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

It's not just Zim and what he inspires. Bengals coaching staff was gutted & that means weaker ties for our own players. No real idea what it will be like come late summer, so more willing to look at other options.

i think we're hellascrewed but we'll see.

Nope.   Unless you believe Hue works enough magic to get Cleveland in position to contend.   Bengals will lose contributors but not all.  Ravens and Steelers will too and don't have cap flexibility without restructuring, cutting before building up if they do.   Both teams have cap issues for this season and big decisions looming beyond.   Ravens have just released a couple contributors and will lose a top 5 player first hours of FA. 

When the dust settles and TC opens.  Steelers will be the overwhelming media darling to win the AFC North.   Ravens won't be discounted completely but in reality won't stand a chance.   Bengals will once again be the team at the tip of everyone's thoughts about what 2015 playoff team won't make it but should be the favorite on paper. 

After you carve your Turkey in November.   Bengals will have every opportunity to lock 6 straight playoff appearances and back to back division titles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Nope.   Unless you believe Hue works enough magic to get Cleveland in position to contend.   Bengals will lose contributors but not all. 

Like I said, we'll see. Chances of retaining Iloka seem slim, Nelson appears to have generated more interest than I anticipated and Pacman has suitors too. One bright note is that things seem quiet on the Marvin Jones front so perhaps there's some hope there. We'll start to find out late tomorrow.

Money always dries up fast.   The big FA market is less than a week.   I would say 3/4 days because of the "legal" tampering period allowed by the Bengals.    If Jones, Jones, Nelson, and Iloka don't fly off the FA board within the first few days they still could find other teams but the Bengals would have better chances to retain them at good deals.

That's the TJ scenario were he has admitted he was pissed off and had chip on his shoulder and sat on the market visiting several teams and took a similar deal and later sped up the end of his career.