2016 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

4 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I think they'll dial up D-line and maybe another offensive tackle in the top 4 rounds of this draft.   There's too much depth at those positions in this draft.  

Of course that all depends on how it falls

Behind Dunlap and Johnson he (Gilberry) was competing with Hunt and Will Clarke for playing time, I think the FO see its time to let the youngsters have more of a look-in, time for Hunt to legitimise his roster spot. 

D-line draft for me, Peko's replacement is surely due.

I'm thinking WR, run-stuffing D-lineman, center, and CB.  I know the center is a pie in the sky thing, but the coaches have to see how that guy gets abused.  Put some pressure on him with a 3rd rounder, or even better find someone to replace him. 

No matter who they pick, the early rounds of this draft are compelling.  They'll be looking for players to get on the field this year, I think.  Last year there was no urgency.  This year I think they'll want that receiver to play.  Possibly a defensive lineman, with losing Gilberry and Peko in his later years.  

Reggie just waiting on his medical to be cleared at Oakland. No surprises. All the best and thanks for your time in Cincy.  

http://www.inquisitr.com/2964533/bengals-and-reggie-nelson-part-ways/

True, they could move Fisher to guard.  If they do that, it'll be because he can't hack it at tackle.

Hopefully he's good enough to play at least right tackle.  Then when Whit hangs it up, Fisher and Ogbuehi battle it out, with the loser going to, or staying at, right tackle.

But that is only possible if he's good enough to play tackle.  If he's not, yikes.

Given the snaps Fisher played last year as an inline TE and a FB he has indicated he has the strength and movement to be an excellent LT, I don't think that Tackle is a top priority however you know how this FO makes decisions.  If someone is on the board that they have ranked significantly higher than other prospects they have no qualms about pulling the trigger.

One other way you don't think tackle is outrageous is if you imagine the following:  A couple games in, Whit gets dinged and will miss multiple games.  Not unlikely. 

They move Ogbuehi to left tackle, and insert Fisher at right.  Not great but not disastrous either.  

Then imagine Fisher gets hurt for a couple games.  Now we are looking at Winston as our starting right tackle, and we are thus looking at Dalton getting his face smashed in by rampaging defensive ends who can pull out their cellphones and take selfies as they're running past Winston.  

Thus, tackle is not entirely unreasonable.  I wouldn't like it much, but I hereby withdraw my threat to lead a riot.  

8 hours ago, COB said:

One other way you don't think tackle is outrageous is if you imagine the following:  A couple games in, Whit gets dinged and will miss multiple games.  Not unlikely. 

They move Ogbuehi to left tackle, and insert Fisher at right.  Not great but not disastrous either.  

Then imagine Fisher gets hurt for a couple games.  Now we are looking at Winston as our starting right tackle, and we are thus looking at Dalton getting his face smashed in by rampaging defensive ends who can pull out their cellphones and take selfies as they're running past Winston.  

Thus, tackle is not entirely unreasonable.  I wouldn't like it much, but I hereby withdraw my threat to lead a riot.  

Or another scenario: as the first round of the draft winds down toward the Bengals pick, Mike decides to take a walk outside PBS because his lumbago is acting up and besides, he needs to make sure that Dalton boy has spit-shined the hub caps on his Lumina like his contract says. Kids these days, you know. Coming out of the gate he almost trips over this homeless-looking dude wearing a Conserve Our Beaches sweatshirt and sucking on a bottle of orange flavored MD 40/40 out of a paper bag. Hey Brown, he rasps, take the tackle. All our tackles might get hurt and you don't want to rely on that players union guy. Might wiff a few times just for leverage. Good point, Brown replies, thanks. :glasses::glasses::glasses:

Trade McCarron & Hill to the Browns for the 2nd pick in the draft then trade it down to around 10 or so and get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. Get Elliott from OSU with your top pick, Josh Doctson or Jarron Reed at 24 and then you got either two 2nd rounders or two 3rd round picks for a center or CB. Never going to happen since MB does not like to gamble, but sounds good!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ireckonso said:

Trade McCarron & Hill to the Browns for the 2nd pick in the draft then trade it down to around 10 or so and get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. Get Elliott from OSU with your top pick, Josh Doctson or Jarron Reed at 24 and then you got either two 2nd rounders or two 3rd round picks for a center or CB. Never going to happen since MB does not like to gamble, but sounds good!

Welcome to Bengalszone Ireckonso.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Hue doesn't need McCarron now that he has RG3

He doesnt want Hill because he is a head case (see Gresham, Jermaine)

welcome to BZ, nonetheless

Not sure I would feel comfortable with RG3 as my starter, at least with AJ he knows he's getting a QB that can win in this league and has good potential. They need a RB, so Hill would be a big upgrade.

On LaFell, good signing.  Sanu is way overpaid in HAWTlanta and MJones is breaking the bank up in a place where they once played pro football well during the 50's and a random miracle-maker named Barry or something kept them relevant for just under a decade about 20 years ago  

Sad to see Nelson go.  He's been ignored for years in Cincy, probably a 4-5 time pro bowler if he played for one of the NFL media darlings.  I'm not sure he's replaceable by anyone on the roster as of today.  Lot of ball skills and a lot of knowledge that's in Raider nation now.