2016 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

Sims coming back is smart. big guys that know the scheme and can stop the run, maybe its time Peko went on to find his life's work?

I think folks are just hanging back on Nelson. Teams like SD, Giants, Ravens (Will Hill just got 10-game suspension) and a few others probably could use Nelson. not sense in driving up the price.

I'd prefer they keep him, than not. He is better than Shawn or Deron Williams, so why turn out a valuable component. especially when guys like Dre Kirk, Dennard both still not quite living up to their draft spots. better to keep the best safety group possible.

Edit to add, I laughed my ass off at Martavis Bryant getting suspended. such an epic karma invoice delivered to Shittsburgh,.perfect. F them.

Mays would be a good addition.   Let him compete for a job at nickel backer coverage role and teams.  Which there is a hole because of the departure of Lemur.   

Not sure why everybody jumps to the negative with this guy.   Sure there was at one point he was a high profile draft prospect from USC and high pick and maybe people thought he could be something better.

To the Bengals he was a low round trade for a role player.    Certainly the Bengals aren't going to grab this guy to think he's going to be anything more for them.        

11 hours ago, Wraith said:

Dansby would be a good choice, he was the Browns leading tackler last year and by all accounts a consulate professional....could help that meeting room with some leadership.

Dansby said something like "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops", after his release.  So there probably is some interest and we'll see if it ever matures enough to get a contract offer/acceptance.

Edit:  Coyle, I guess was Dansby's coordinator in Miami for a little bit.

Saw Andre last year at an early July TC practice.   The guy could basically didn't give a fuck, IMO.   Standing behind guys, messing around with water bottles during position drills.   It was to a point that I thought he was hurt and being held out.   Nope perfectly healthy.   He was more than content to let Winston or whoever take his reps.

This coming after he made the public statement of wanting to be elite and of course being in a contract year.

He was a decent player for the Bengals but his best seasons were before the contract extension from the Bengals.    

I just don't understand what this team does anymore. They have had chance after chance to put together a great team but they fail. I'm not saying sign 100 new guys, but they continue to not fill holes. I see other playoff team teams signing key guys, or trading to fill needs, but the bengals like every year are just content with what they have. Hopefully one of these years it pays off. 

6 hours ago, TJJackson said:

buh bye, Flesh Zeppelin

Zimmer: yeah, you know this guy - if you want to get him to perform, you give him 1 year deals....period.  and thats exactly what you did.

got to say, tho: 3.5M for a starting quality RT is a pretty darn good rate

should net us a r7, possibly even a r6 comp pick

Fleshy is a large disappointment in my book (no pun intended). He's better than Andrews but nowhere near Anderson. clearly thy feel Ogbuehi is now ready. That's a good thing. want to see what he's got.

52 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

he's here bc Lamur is gone. they need a cover backer, and he fits the bill.

Dude he's washed up. Done. If he could ever be said to be in the first place. BengaLs dumped him, he cycled through three teams last year and now even Zim told him to take a hike. Trash.

If you saw the Hard Knocks where Taylor had a pretty prominent role, it wasn't difficult to see why he struggled with NFL play.  Physically, he had it all.  Mentally?  Seemed like a super, happy, go-lucky type guy.  Not intense, not super focused.  Also seemed like a genuinely nice person.  

The traits he displayed don't really lead to NFL greatness, unless you have that switch you can flip when you step on the field, ala Burfict or Polamalou.  A few guys go from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde when the whistle blows.  Taylor Mays doesn't.

Thats the source of frustration with him.  Physically, it is apparent that he could be so much more.

Mays isn't worth the worry or worth the effort of getting fired up about.    He found his niche in the NFL due to Lemur's injury.   He got replaced when Lemur got healthy.   Zimmer dumped him because he got Lemur.   Bengals went to the back up plan in Mays because they lost Lemur.

IF Mays makes the roster he's chasing punts and filling LB cover duties.   It's up to Dawson/Rey or another LB to make sure there isn't  a situation for Mays role to grow. 

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Again Dansby would look awful good in Stripes manning that SOLB position replacing Hawk.

I agree with this. though we have some young guns who could develop. DiManche and Flowers show promise.