2016 Bengals Free Agents

HoosierCat

1 minute ago, COB said:

He'll definitely hit, he's just cautious about it.  He parses it out.  Two year deal makes the most sense, but he'll want 4.  The Troika offered him two and he scoffed at it, understandably.  Stupid Dan Snyder will probably give him 5 years then cut him after one.

I'd love to have him back on a sensible deal.  And really for him, you'd think he'd remember how unstable moving around in this league can be for player performance.  Those years with the Jaguars he was booed out of town.  With the Bengals he was a pro-bowler.

Yep, and if he somehow gets a 3 or 4 year deal out of the Bengals, they'll actually honor it and pay him.  Some of these bootleg operations are in the habit of flashing big numbers to get a guy, then in a year it's "poor us, you need to re-do your deal, or we'll have to let you go."  It's total bait and switch bullshit and agents should fight that stuff.  Or send your star safety to the one organization he can trust!  Zing.

34 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Hall visiting Dallas today.

Nelson not drawing much interest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/15/age-appears-to-be-working-against-reggie-nelson/

Dumb. Obviously he can still play. Bengals may end up getting him back for a song.

It's the new CBA.  First contract guys are so cheap compared to vets that you basically have to have several first contract guys starting for you.  If they pay Reggie what he's really worth, they'd have two second/third contract players starting at safety.  I still want them to follow him around his whole free agent search and match every offer he gets, plus a couple hundred K.  

55 minutes ago, COB said:

That tight end from Oklahoma that Eifert replaced/eclipsed got a one year deal with the Cardinals.  

And how is that germane to this thread?

(See what I did there? Huh? Huh? Clever,aren't I?) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Hall visiting Dallas today.

Nelson not drawing much interest.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/15/age-appears-to-be-working-against-reggie-nelson/

Dumb. Obviously he can still play. Bengals may end up getting him back for a song.

Honestly, Hall is as washed up as Rudi was when he left here. I doubt he is signed by any team. I'm not a Hall hater, but he's done..

agree there is not much upside in letting Nelson walk. Too much risk placing big expectations on Williams or the other guy. Nelson still has plenty of gas in the tank, very durable and has some swagger. Sign him!

reggie feels his value is greater than what teams are offering. i cant blame him he just had a career year. to bad it's about 5 years to late. i think he will make his rounds, find out he's not going to get what he wants. then calls the bengals to accept the offer they made. unless a desperate team comes in to play. so far that has not happened. 

as for moobs so long its been nice knowing ya. 

Glad to see Fat Pat back.     Would love to swoop in and retain Nelson but that's a two way street.    Is he going to take a deal knowing that he'll face serious competition for playing time from Williams?    That horse is out of the barn and I think it won't be easy for Nelson to get him back in even though he's coming off a Pro Bowl season.   Tough world the NFL is.

Crazy a NFL current pro bowler and Int leaders doesn't have more of a market.    It will only get tighter because young secondary players are going to look better and better as the draft process gets closer and closer.

I could take Hall back but I think he would be in a fight for a spot.  

LaFell was a huge part of NE's offense in 2014 when they won the Superbowl.  But he had off-season foot surgery, on an injury that he knew occurred during the season but felt intense pressure to play through it from the team and locker room.  Anyway off season foot surgery, slow recovery, missed camp and first bunch of games.  When he finally came back, he was not effective.  Then he got cut.

The Bengals better get a real good look at that foot.  

LaFell is worth a look.     In the 11 games he played it isn't impressive judging based on totals but that offense spreads the ball around and the focus (except for Gronk) changes from week to week if anyone has had the pleasure of owning NE skill guys in fantasy that weren't named Brady or Gronk.

Same with the Bengals 2015.   Per game numbers perspective M. Jones was comparable to LaFell,  but the Bengals spread the ball around too. 

Lafell has inconsistent hands but once he got on the field he played in the 11 games and you can be sure he can handle various assignments.