Zim and Gruden

HoosierCat

...are both in the playoffs. Can they win?

Minnesota draw Seattle at home next weekend. Seattle has already been to Minny once this year and they pasted the Vikes 38-7 so that's a tough one to see. Hawks are coming in blazing after whomping AZ by 30 points, while the Vikes struggled to put away a GB team that fell to bits this season. Minnesota is a home dog and everything screams Seattle win.

OTOH, Jay Gruden's Washington [redacteds] coming rolling into the postseason after wacking Dallas 34-23. DC has put up 34+ points in three straight games and faces a Packers team that's been outscored 21-58 in the last two weeks. Normally a matchup of Aaron Rogers versus Kirk Cousins would be an easy choice, but the latter appears to have gotten in sync with Gruden's Dalton-honed system while Rogers has struggled due to a lack of talent around him. Still...bet against Aaron Rogers and the Packers in January?

My prediction: Seattle 27 - Minnesota 13. GB 30 - DC 27 (OT). Bengals alumni coaches go 0-2.

Green Bay has no chance of winning that game.  I watched their effort last night, and they are not good.  I think they'll get killed.  Couldn't protect the qb, he constantly had to roll out of a collapsing pocket.  No one to throw to.  There best play is their hail mary and that didn't even work last night.  Also, they cost me sixty bucks so they suck.  

I can see a DC win quite easily but I can't bring myself to believe it. Yes, Rogers has been awful of late. But look at the Washington defense. Over the last four seeks they've given up:

315 yards and 2 TDs to Jay Cutler

235 yards and 2 TDs to Tyrod Taylor

380 yards and 2 TDs to Sam Bradford

435 yards and 3 TDs (and 2 picks) to Kellen freakin' Moore.

I just don't trust Washington.

28 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Looks like Zimmer will get his very own Freezer Bowl.

Wow, that is just brutal... OMG. those are seriously low numbers. My, how I enjoy living in Southern California. Both teams will be suffering quite a bit. Give the edge to Peterson and Zim's D. I think Vikings D can handle Seattle, especially in those kind of conditions. Might be the big upset of the weekend.

4 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Will we question what is wrong with the bengals if both coaches get there first playoff win? 

I'm sure we will. That said if you can find me one single Bengals fan who wanted Jay Gruden as a head coach I will buy you one of thos big mall chocolate chip cookies.

Just now, HoosierCat said:

I'm sure we will. That said if you can find me one single Bengals fan who wanted Jay Gruden as a head coach I will buy you one of thos big mall chocolate chip cookies.

I know I wanted him gone lol

Hue on the other hand I would actually like him to stay. Other then that 2 point conversion which I have no idea what that was, I thought he did really good this year.