Steelers @ Bengals II Pregame Thread/Game Thread

HoosierCat

8 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well, they took the loss, which is what I was expecting.  However, this was not the way I thought it would go down.
I have never been more embarrassed to be a fan of this team than I am right now.

I'm not going to get all mad and let this ruin what should be a very nice Sunday with my family.
That being said, this team is in great need of an enema.

Marvin lost complete control of his players and it turned into the exact thing I was worried about the most.
Not a bit of professionalism and when it mattered the most, they failed.

I feel so bad for the fans of this team.

100% agree Army. I'm going to pull for Zimmer and Gruden tomorrow, outside of that, I couldn't care less.

2 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

Got nothing else planned tomorrow. lol

Seriously, the Bengals started to lay their egg on that ridiculous 2 point conversion play call.

As a mattet of fact, if I didn't know better, and I do, I would almost think the game was fixed from the 2 point conversion on.

So bad almost looked like the Bengals lost on purpose!

Yea it didn't even look like they practiced 2 point conversations ever. That was awful

15 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

The Bengals just make it too easy.  They provide the joke and the punchline.  Never fails.  

I honestly don't give a shit anymore.  Thoroughly convinced this team will never have what it takes.

0-7 Marvin Lewis tied with Jim Mora for playoff fu tility.  

He is never going to win a playoff game as head coach. It is just not going to happen. It's not in his DNA. I don't know what he did in a past life , but obviously it was pretty messed up. All I can do right now is laugh. The pressure is off. There is no game to worry about next week. I feel suddenly free...

...until next season when I will once again lower myself into the abyss.

I feel sorry for Dunlap, Johnson, Green, Sanu, and all the rest of the very good players on this team.  They are decent guys and have to be wondering what the fuck just happened.

I also feel sorry for Antonio Brown.  That grotesque cheap shot Burfict delivered looked horrifying.  No idea how a player could lose his presence of mind like that, at that point in the game.  I hope Brown is ok and fully recovers.

No excuse for Jones to let Joey fucking Porter, of all people, bait him into a personal foul.  They should have flagged them both but that ship has sailed.

Also would not complain if Jim Nantz takes a few years off from calling Bengals games. 

1 minute ago, BengalsSuck said:

The  Bengals suck. They have always sucked. They find ways to lose and Ohio would be better off if the Bungholes moved out of town and Cinci spent the money on the Reds. Or ice fishing tournament. Marvin Lewis needs to find a job, like, cashier at McDees... 

Welcome Mr. Appropriately Named new guy. We have plenty of seating here in hell. Make yourself comfortable.

3 minutes ago, Kazkal said:

vikings fan rest of the season how sad will be if they both win Playoff games before Marvin 

I guess my allegiance slides to Arizona now. They haven't won a Super Bowl. Go Cardinals.

11 minutes ago, BengalsSuck said:

Tomorrow, TUE and WEBN will discuss NEXT season to death, after they discuss this disgusting loss ad infinitum. NOTHING will change. Hopefully, the Bungholes will change that silly, pointless and WRONG, Who Dey slogan. Apparently, the answer to Who Dey? is ANYONE that meets them in a playoff game... 

Yeah. "Who Dey" is done.

I still want to know why Joey Porter was on the field in a bengals huddle? It was for one thing only because he knew he could get inside the bengals head.

The ref was standing right there he had to have heard and seen Porter there, why was nothing done or was the steelers bench flagged for that!

The Refs lost control of this game!

Marvin Lewis lost control of his team!

Never have I seen penalties win a football game like It did last night, that should not be what wins a game. 

Andy Dalton at QB and the Bengals win.  Hill has to learn that NFL tacklers are too strong to outfight and get down sooner or he will keep getting stripped or he ball poked out.  The hit on Gio was intentional, Shazier lined it up all the way and used the crown of his helmet.  If that's legal then the rule should be changed.  Burficts hit on Brown may or may no have been intentional but I've seen the same type of hit not be a penalty many times.  How can Burfict predict how Brown will fall from the air?  The Gio hit was obviously avoidable if the LB goes lower.  The BS call on Adam Jones and of all people Joey Ghetto Porter I never even saw visual evidence of a personal foul or unsportsmanlike conduct.  Again.... Seems like when it's the Steelers  gray area rules go in their favor.  That's all I'm saying.  I'm counting this as a win up until th moment Hill tries to carry three tacklers to the end zone and gets stripped.  I'd be surprised if Hill isn't the 3rd down back next year or cut in TC

• Like 1

After the interception by Burfict I started running running laps through my house screaming "Yes!! Yes!! They finally won a playoff game!! They finally won a playoff game!! Woo Hoo!!" When on my third lap past the T.V. I see Hill coughing up the ball. I knew then the game was lost, and I made the grave mistake of celebrating before the game was actually over. Never again.

Well, for peace of mind, it is just a football game, and for me, until they prove otherwise, they will continue to struggle in big stage games, and continue to disappoint.  I will continue as a fan, expecting the very worst, as we saw last night, but hoping for the best!

Even AFTER the Burfict interception, I told my wife and son ............. since Thugsburgh has 3 time outs left, the Bengals will need one first down, but something tells me the Bengals will find a way to mess this up!  When Hill fumbled, they both just gave me the 'deer in the headlights' look!

On the bright side, they still have had 5 winning seasons, are capable of winning each game they play, with the exception of big stage, AND ............... at least it's not the Browns or the 90s again.................so far! :flushed:

After the interception by Burfict I started running running laps through my house screaming "Yes!! Yes!! They finally won a playoff game!! They finally won a playoff game!! Woo Hoo!!" When on my third lap past the T.V. I see Hill coughing up the ball. I knew then the game was lost, and I made the grave mistake of celebrating before the game was actually over. Never again.

3 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Billy, for us Bengal fans, we have to wait until the clock says 0:00, and look to make sure there are no flags .............. THEN it's time to celebrate! 

15 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Burfict apparently thought he won it as well, as he ran through the tunnel like a moron!

I am still sick over that game.

Lewis needs to go, Burfict also.

Both are good at the jobs they have but can not control all of the responsibilities that come with them.

They had it won.

Oh and that catch in the end zone by the Stealers was not controlled until after he was out of bounds, that makes it a much different game at the end.