Steelers @ Bengals II Pregame Thread/Game Thread

HoosierCat

6 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

If Houston/KC is the early Saturday game (and I agree, I think it will be, neither team has a big national following or represents a big media market) then the night game will be an NFC game.

my bet is 1 pm Sunday.

Yeah, good point.  That makes sense.  You'd have to have that Wash/Seattle matchup for the early game Saturday to get the Bengals at night.  Sunday at 1pm does seem likely.

6 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

The injury to Deangelo Williams will be something to keep an eye on this week.  Without him, the Steelers have Ben Tate as a backup I believe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613945/article/injuries-deangelo-williams-suffers-ankle-injury

Apparently, their backup is not Ben Tate.   http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-Stealers/post/_/id/17159/Stealers-one-of-afcs-most-dangerous-playoff-teams

I love, and I mean absolutely love, this matchup.  In spite of the big media jizz-fest, and their own players talking shit, the Squealers aren't playing very well.  The Ravens handled them.

The Bengals will likely win this game by more than one touchdown.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kazkal said:

Early Sunday makes sense being steelers and bengals always tend play early on Sunday...nfl just wants make it that much harder for bengals making it prime time XD

I don't think the lights or night time makes any difference. It's big stage games that they struggle in. (The only NFL game being played with a national audience).

Hope I'm wrong, but think the Bengals lose this game without it being very close.

I mentioned prior to the Ravens game that the Steelers were the better team and they would be a tough matchup if they made the playoffs.
They had a poor game against the Ravens, but that's always a tough game regardless of records.

Now they come back into Cincinnati, where there are question marks at QB and our secondary still doesn't match up well with their offense.
Our o-line has had problems with blocking and yesterday, despite the win, they couldn't convert a single 3rd down the whole game.

Top that off with seemingly immersing themselves to the neck in stupidity when it comes to all the talking and penalties and I'm not thrilled at all.
Hell, I didn't even finish watching the last game between the two, because it was too much to take watching them be the idiots.

When these two teams play, they make watching football a miserable experience lately.
Nothing would please me more to see a win, but I'm not banking on one.

Pushing Dalton back early smacks of desperation and AJ will never win a shootout against the Steelers.
Sucks to feel this way, but it is what it is.  Enjoying 12-4 for the time being.

Steelers 34
Bengals 13

5 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Hope I'm wrong, but think the Bengals lose this game without it being very close.

I mentioned prior to the Ravens game that the Steelers were the better team and they would be a tough matchup if they made the playoffs.
They had a poor game against the Ravens, but that's always a tough game regardless of records.

Now they come back into Cincinnati, where there are question marks at QB and our secondary still doesn't match up well with their offense.
Our o-line has had problems with blocking and yesterday, despite the win, they couldn't convert a single 3rd down the whole game.

Top that off with seemingly immersing themselves to the neck in stupidity when it comes to all the talking and penalties and I'm not thrilled at all.
Hell, I didn't even finish watching the last game between the two, because it was too much to take watching them be the idiots.

When these two teams play, they make watching football a miserable experience lately.
Nothing would please me more to see a win, but I'm not banking on one.

Pushing Dalton back early smacks of desperation and AJ will never win a shootout against the Steelers.
Sucks to feel this way, but it is what it is.  Enjoying 12-4 for the time being.

Steelers 34
Bengals 13

I couldnt agree more ......  expect the worst, hope for the best.  I think this is the best approach Bengal fans can take until they prove otherwise!

I hear ya, Army. Feels like a loss, and not a pretty one, to me as well.

The Bengals' only hope is for the defense and special teams to come up big, and for the D I'm talking '85 Bears/2000 Ravens-level big.

McCarron has done better than anyone had a right to expect, but the offense just isn't producing with him under center like it was with Dalton. In the 12 games leading up to second Pittsburgh, the team was averaging 257.9 passing yards and 27.8 points per game. Compared to the rest of the league that would be good for 9th in passing yards and 4th in points. In the three games with AJ they've averaged 159 passing yards and 21.6 points per game,with would be 32nd and 19th respectively compared to the rest of the league.

With the O struggling to get to 20-ish points, the margin for error for the other two units is nil. And not only can't they make mistakes, they also need to make plays to get the struggling offense in good field position to succeed. Think of the SF game, where they had TD drives of 11, 20 and 36 yards because of a pick, a fumble recovery and a bad punt. They need that kind of day from the defense again.