New Star Wars movie

volcom69

On Tue Feb 16 2016 16:09:30 GMT-0700, volcom69 said:

So now another one of my favorite comic characters came out with a movie "Deadpool". I'm hearing it's a great movie as well.

Just saw the previews for this flick for the first time. Looks like a must see for me!

Yeah, I think you'll like it, billy!

I was never a big Deadpool fan; I knew the character and that he was a sort of gag superhero but that was about it. Now all of a sudden he's bigger than Batman lol. The movie will probably be around $250 million domestic and $500 million worldwide and may well end up as the biggest-grossing R-rated movie of all time.

Yeah, not a movie for prudes lol.

I saw The Witch on Sunday. I really liked it but it's definitely not a standard mainstream horror film and if that's the kind of horror movie you like, you will probably hate The Witch. It's very much a period piece (set in the 1630s, so Puritans) about a family's complete breakdown, shot through with horror/supernatural elements. There's no real action, it's all about building atmosphere and dread (so yeah I guess it is sort of like being a Bengals fan). 

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who is always bringing movies over to watch, and today he brought Guardians of the Galaxy, the Marvel Comics deal. My first thought was I'd hate it.

Wrong. That was a totally enjoyable flick. Action, comedy, and an awesome soundtrack I totally did not expect. Love this movie, and hope they make a sequel to this one!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

In case anyone was wondering, it ought to have been titled "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Just Ass". It's a complete crapfest.

Obviously you just saw it. The whole concept of the movie doesn't make sense to me. Or s o my inner nerd said. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Obviously you just saw it. The whole concept of the movie doesn't make sense to me. Or s o my inner nerd said. 

Yeah, the idea that you are going to launch your own comics movie universe to rival Marvel's with a movie that features your two biggest stars fighting is...uh...dumb. The execution is sloppy, the script is stupid and the big boss fight at the end looks like a trailer for a video game. If you don't care about spoilers I highly recommend this review (warning naughty language):

Ignore the previous post. Stupid phone BS. Anyway, the trailer you linked to was the funniest thing I've seen all day. When you can actually work the words "anal prolapse" into a movie review and stay on target, it has to be putrid.

• 3 weeks later...

Captain America: Civil War is a good one. It's not perfect by any stretch, it's a bit slow to get rolling, there's some really bad shakey cam at points and at 2.5 hours it does require a strong bladder. But they nail Black Panther (Spider-Man is ok but feels kind of shoehorned in), the airport battle is just stupid fun that will make you feel 8 years old again, and the climax actually goes someplace you aren't expecting.