Bengals @ Broncos Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

7 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

There's also:

1. Be a hot chick with bodacious bazooms.

2. Wear a bikini top.

3. Jump up and down a lot.

The BengalszoneBilly preferred way :grin:

I'm in the not wanting to see Pittsburgh, because at this moment in time, they are clearly the better team.
Could the Bengals beat them ??  Yes, of course, but I don't have faith in AJ being able to shoulder this team in a shootout at this point.
The Steelers offense is clicking pretty solidly right now.  What are we doing exactly ??  Trying to manage our way through.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful for what happens in the post season, but there are clearly teams I am more concerned with.
The Steelers happen to be one of them regardless of my hatred for them.

22 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I'm in the not wanting to see Pittsburgh, because at this moment in time, they are clearly the better team.
Could the Bengals beat them ??  Yes, of course, but I don't have faith in AJ being able to shoulder this team in a shootout at this point.
The Steelers offense is clicking pretty solidly right now.  What are we doing exactly ??  Trying to manage our way through.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hopeful for what happens in the post season, but there are clearly teams I am more concerned with.
The Steelers happen to be one of them regardless of my hatred for them.

Unless they can step up and win, what now has become the biggest game of the year, giving them the best and biggest advantage for the playoffs, I think they are headed for exactly that Army.  A playoff game with Pittsburgh with AJ at the helm!  It's like 2005 all over again, except this time, the injury just happened a few games sooner.

Don't get me wrong, there aren't many teams that I feel the same way about.

If the season were to end today, along with our Bengals, there would be the Pats, Broncos, Texans, Chiefs, and Steelers.
I know we will see what happens this weekend against the Broncos, but I like our chances against them, the Texans, and Chiefs more than either the Pats or Steelers.

22 minutes ago, Earendil said:

I'm not scared of the Steelers, I'm scared of the injuries that happen when playing the Steelers.

That and we already know the Bengals don't respond well when goaded into arguments.
Worst, the Steelers know this as well and why it happens.
No, I don't want the Steelers.  Call that what you will.

1 hour ago, Earendil said:

I'm not scared of the Steelers, I'm scared of the injuries that happen when playing the Steelers.

The only good that could come out of a third matchup w them this season is the opportunity to kill the past.  I believe they could do it w a healthy Dalton, Eifert and secondary.  I'm not sure any would be the case unfortunately.  That said, it seems almost a lock the matchup is destined to occur so here's hoping they embrace it and react a lot better in January than they did in December.

Steelers - no thanks.  I'm not ready to say they're invincible or anything, but I HATE playing the same team 3 times.  It's just weird.  There should be some way to avoid the inter-division first round matchup.  I dislike it in any of the divisions.  It seems like it favors the lesser team.  (Maybe that would be a good thing this year, who knows.)

I'm not taking much away from the 9'ers game on McCarron - positive or negative.  Too small a sample size.  But I am looking right at the o-line.  They need to get right and learn to run block in a week because that was a s**t show against a unit they should have easily dominated. 

• Like 1

I'm not concerned with who the Bengals face in the playoffs.  Bring on the Steelers.  They'd obviously be a tough out, especially with McCarron, but does that really mean anything with this team?  We've had tough first round matchups and [seemingly] favorable first round matchups in the Marvin Lewis era and they've all turned into losses.  This isn't meant to be a dig at Marvin or the franchise, but rather a display that the opposition is just not that important in the wild card round.  The Bengals' biggest enemy will be their own stigma, not the team on the other sideline.

Skip the first round all together and maybe things change a bit.  Maybe.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

He still has 6 days to clear protocol.  Having him in the game would be huge.  All that said, if he's not back on the practice field by Thursday, it's a bad sign.  Wednesday's injury report should be telling.

McCarron will most definitely need Eifert Monday night, but even if he can't be in there, we've got a shot if the defense keeps being stout against giving up points. And remember two weeks ago Oakland knocked off Denver.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

McCarron will most definitely need Eifert Monday night, but even if he can't be in there, we've got a shot if the defense keeps being stout against giving up points. And remember two weeks ago Oakland knocked off Denver.

I hate to even say this, because he's probably our most important offensive player, but Eifert's career/injury arc is starting to remind me of Utecht's.  Even their names are similar.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy, not easy when you're getting cheapshotted.

1 minute ago, COB said:

I hate to even say this, because he's probably our most important offensive player, but Eifert's career/injury arc is starting to remind me of Utecht's.  Even their names are similar.  He needs to get healthy and stay healthy, not easy when you're getting cheapshotted.

From what I remember Utecht had multiple head injuries.  This is Eifert's first that I can remember.  He had that nasty arm injury last year.  And up until last week has been good all year.  And if you compare him to Gronk's injury history, it isn't even close.

I just don't think it's time to worry yet.

(Now that I said that, he'll be out for the year)

24 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

From what I remember Utecht had multiple head injuries.  This is Eifert's first that I can remember.  He had that nasty arm injury last year.  And up until last week has been good all year.  And if you compare him to Gronk's injury history, it isn't even close.

I just don't think it's time to worry yet.

(Now that I said that, he'll be out for the year)

My mistake, I thought Eifert had previous concussion type injuries. Probably my own concussion history rearing its ugly head.

5 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Eifert is out for Monday. May miss Baltimore as well.

Might as well sit him for Baltimore too.  

It's 2 weeks from this weekend that the WC round starts.  3 weeks from this weekend for the Divisional Round.

One would think that he'd be back in time for that.  It's possible that the stinger plus concussion were just too much for him.

46 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Eifert is out for Monday. May miss Baltimore as well.

That just pushes them down even farther as the underdog.  More to overcome.  Monday night is their first playoff game.  I think without the win Monday, they will not make it past the WC round, (assuming Denver beats San Diego).

On the positive side, they seem to do better as the underdog!