Bengals @ Broncos Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

The Bengals need Eifert back, AJ to be healthy, they have to run the ball effectively, and the defense needs to play out of it's mind.

The Broncos will be playing for their playoff lives.

Bengals on Monday night in Denver.

I don't see them winning, but if they can play their best game of the year....then, sure, they can win.

24 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

The Bengals need Eifert back, AJ to be healthy, they have to run the ball effectively, and the defense needs to play out of it's mind.

The Broncos will be playing for their playoff lives.

Bengals on Monday night in Denver.

I don't see them winning, but if they can play their best game of the year....then, sure, they can win.

If they don't beat Denver, and Denver beats SD, they lose the seed. If Pitt wins out and Jets lose to NE, Bengals play Pitt, either without Dalton or a less than 100% Dalton?? :dizzy:

Lots of FAs to sign next year with Jackson gone?  Aye yi yi!

13 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

If they don't beat Denver, and Denver beats SD, they lose the seed. If Pitt wins out and Jets lose to NE, Bengals play Pitt, either without Dalton or a less than 100% Dalton?? :dizzy:

Lots of FAs to sign next year with Jackson gone?  Aye yi yi!

You got it.

But all is not lost.  This team is in great position to succeed for many years to come.  We've got a great system in place and a franchise QB.  It's good to be a Bengals fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

While I don't have a warm and fuzzy about this upcoming game, you never know.

AJ McCarron in his first prime time game with the AFCN and the #2 seed on the line.

I'm simply hoping for the best.

Put me in the camp that wants nothing to do with Pittsburgh in the playoffs.  Nothing.

Yep me either they are a very tough team right now. As much as I hate them, they might be the best AFC team right now and want nothing to do with them

1 hour ago, Earendil said:

With the way both offenses are playing, I have a feeling this game is going to end in a 0-0 tie.

That'd be enough to get 2nd seed and a bye week :grin:

I have to admit.  That was the most deflating win I've seen in awhile.

Deja vu.  I feel like we're back to that spot in the season where the Bengals aren't hitting it in full gear like the other teams.  Not saying they've quit by any means.  Just that if there's a gear they need to be in to get over the hump....they come up empty.

I'm not feeling it for this Monday night.  I have my doubts that the Bengals can come close to matching the intensity of the Broncos in Denver on Monday Night Football.

That O-line....oooof.  

I hope I'm wrong!  

Well, I wouldn't say quite that. I mean before about 15 minutes ago I'd never seen three straight TDs Called off but here ya go:

1-15-DET 29(1:12) (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep right to B.Cooks for 29 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Pass 28, YAC 1 The Replay Official reviewed the runner was down by contact ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) D.Brees pass deep right to B.Cooks to DET 1 for 28 yards (D.Slay). Pass 28, YAC 0  
NO_logo-20x20.gif 1-1-DET 1(:57) M.Hoomanawanui right guard to DET 1 for no gain (H.Ngata; D.Tapp).  
  Timeout #2 by DET at 00:52.  
NO_logo-20x20.gif 2-1-DET 1(:52) T.Hightower right tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on NO-S.Kelemete, Illegal Formation, 4 yards, enforced at DET 1 - No Play. Kelemete was lined up on the line of scrimmage, but failed to report as an eligible receiver.  
NO_logo-20x20.gif 2-5-DET 5(:45) T.Hightower right guard to DET 1 for 4 yards (I.Abdul-Quddus; J.Jones).  
  Timeout #3 by DET at 00:43.  
NO_logo-20x20.gif 3-1-DET 1(:43) (Shotgun) T.Hightower left guard to DET 1 for no gain (Q.Diggs).  
  Timeout #2 by NO at 00:03.  
NO_logo-20x20.gif 4-1-DET 1(:03) Detroit attempted to call timeout before the play was run, but was out of timeouts. The referee said the down would be replayed. (Shotgun) D.Brees pass short middle to M.Colston to DET 1 for no gain. PENALTY on NO-J.Evans, Ineligible Downfield Pass, 0 yards, enforced at DET 1 - No Play. On the play, it Colston caught the ball in the endzone, but the referee ruled that after the ineligible downfield on pass penalty, the half over.

I'm watching this game.  That first round DE for the Lions is destroying the Saints o-line.  The Lions job is going to be open, and it should attract a really good coach.  Their roster looks really good, not sure why Caldwell ever got hired there.  As a coach you step in their with a good QB, a premier pass rusher, Megatron and Golden Tate, just a lot of good players.  If Hue Jackson is trying to find a good job, there it is.  Lions organization is pretty patient, too.  

Recipe for getting on TV at an NFL game.

1.  Be about 350 pounds.

2.  Go to stub hub and spend like a months salary on front row ticket.

3.  Paint your face and any other exposed skin in Team Colors.

4.  Wear a bunch of costume jewelry like approximately 18 necklaces, some wristbands any other random crap you can find, all in Team Colors.

5.  Find and wear a crazy wig, in Team Colors. 

6.  Buy quadruple X jersey of your favorite player, it will, naturally, be in Team Colors.

7.  Now that you are painted up like a combination low-budget clown/honey boo boo type child beauty contestant, go ahead and sacrifice what's left of your dignity by gesticulating wildly and mugging any time the camera is pointed in your face.  

8.  Tell all your co-workers at the county dump to watch.