Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BengalszoneBilly

Week 14

Recommended Posts

I just checked my Yahoo mail and got an invite for Bengalszone Premier League Week 14 Challenge. Is that something someone here initiated, or is Yahoo trying to rope us in on one of their deals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Rope a Dope.

Actually I think it's only a dollar, but my giving mood has reached it's limit for this time of the year.

That's what I thought. I'll pass on it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have John Brown and Michael Floyd on the bench for WR depth and they both explode in the same game for a combined 30 points.

Good thing this week doesn't matter much !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crap. After racking up 135 last week, I can barely do half of that this week. I end my season with a "L". God I hope I draft better next year.

(Maybe I should do like Scottish did and let my old buddy "Auto" take care of it.) :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Crap. After racking up 135 last week, I can barely do half of that this week. I end my season with a "L". God I hope I draft better next year.

(Maybe I should do like Scottish did and let my old buddy "Auto" take care of it.) :grin:

No. "Auto" left me royally screwed. Aside from Antonio Brown, I may as well have let everyone else draft and then go in a pick the rest of my team from waivers, because that's what I was left with after autodraft was finished.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and AJ Green, who, though a wonderful receiver in reality, is not much of a force in fantasy. The rest of my draft is currently available on the waiver wire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up Mike Evans (Your 3rd rounder) after you cut him loose.  He's served me well for the most part.

I picked up Melvin Gordon (Your 4th rounder) for depth, but he hasn't gotten off the bench nor has he done much.

I picked up Delanie Walker (Your 7th rounder) and he has had a pretty good season leading the Titans in receiving.

I picked up Michael Floyd (Your 13 rounder) and he has finally gotten over injuries to start making an impact.

I get it though and sometimes it's hard to see where a player is going.  I cut loose Doug Martin too early as well.

4 of my 9 starters came from outside the draft.  Tom Brady in the 6th was a steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I picked up Mike Evans (Your 3rd rounder) after you cut him loose.  He's served me well for the most part.

I picked up Melvin Gordon (Your 4th rounder) for depth, but he hasn't gotten off the bench nor has he done much.

I picked up Delanie Walker (Your 7th rounder) and he has had a pretty good season leading the Titans in receiving.

I picked up Michael Floyd (Your 13 rounder) and he has finally gotten over injuries to start making an impact.

I get it though and sometimes it's hard to see where a player is going.  I cut loose Doug Martin too early as well.

4 of my 9 starters came from outside the draft.  Tom Brady in the 6th was a steal.

Yeah, I admit some hyperbole in that a few of those guys have been kind of ok since I cut them. But Mike Evans was total crap for the first 6 weeks of the season. Gordon was crap in the 4th. Randle was ok, until he was cut for being an idiot. Eli Manning was crap in the 6th. Then autodraft wasted picks on TE, D and K before scoring my 3rd RB in the 10th, CJ Spiller. Also crap.

Point is, beware of using autodraft. Maybe you were just kidding about it, but seriously. Never again, for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I hate auto draft as well and make all efforts to keep from being in that position.

I was just pointing out I seemed to pick up some of your garbage and then they decided to pull their heads out of their butts.

It happens just like with me and Doug Martin, who I targeted in the draft and then he left me hanging early on.  My faith didn't last long enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy oh boy.  I made two wrong calls on who to start and Miller got dinged in the 2nd quarter.

Top that off with the Carolina defense not getting a single point and David Johnson's 40 points still leave me behind by almost 22.

I need Megatron to show up big time for me to get the come from behind win and he's only done that twice this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could happen. NO stinks. But both teams are just playing out the string now so you have to wonder how much they care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MONKEY BE GONE!!! 

Hellmutts win first ever playoff game! 

(Sorry Army, didn't know Detroit was playing an everyone gets a TD but Calvin game tonight...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No money on the line, so I'm good with it.

Megatron has been that way all season for me.  Some really good, some really bad.
He's not looking like the fantasy stud he had been in seasons past any more.

I'll take making the playoffs and finishing in the top 4 during my first Bengalszone fantasy football season !!!

Good luck to the Hellmutts and Monsters for the championship !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Looks like this year belongs to that kilted highlands dingbat...:mrgreen:

Wow. Congrats Scottish. The crown travels across the pond!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Looks like this year belongs to that kilted highlands dingbat...:mrgreen:

Yes. Yes it looks very much that way.

How the F#*K%$G hell did that happen???  Oh well, best celebrate with a beer and a dram ........ :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×