Steelers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

With Ben being healthy again, the Pittsburgh offense is pretty stacked even without Bell in the backfield.  Williams has done nicely for them in relief.

My concern heading into this one is how many weapons they have in the passing game and the current state of our banged up secondary.

This game could turn into a shootout unless our defense can get pressure on Ben and get him to the ground.

10 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Looks like you're gonna win your bet with your brother Dimster.

Nah i am not winning my bet with my brother, He still is in lead with 8 points. this week we disagree on 4 games and I got 2 right, he got 2 right. We start doing this 2 years ago, I win 2 year ago with 14 points lead, last year we TIED, this year seems will be his.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

With Ben being healthy again, the Pittsburgh offense is pretty stacked even without Bell in the backfield.  Williams has done nicely for them in relief.

My concern heading into this one is how many weapons they have in the passing game and the current state of our banged up secondary.

This game could turn into a shootout unless our defense can get pressure on Ben and get him to the ground.

Yeah, I'm pretty much expecting a shootout, weather permitting. Even if our DBs manage to pull themselves together this week, they likely won't be able to take much pounding. Dalton and the offense will need to be on their game; I think this could easily be one of those 38-35 type of tilts.

Honestly, I don't have a good feeling about this game. I think this one is a loss. Hopefully I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

"Who wants it more" is a great way to put it.

I think the Bengals can get the win playing at home, but think it rides on getting to Ben.

If they can't get pressure on Ben and put his butt on the ground, it could be rough.

Army, for me, it comes down to this. A team with championship potential, wins games like this coming Sunday, period! A team that has that mental toughness that has been missing so far since 2011. 

I think the 2005 team had it, and I believe they probably would have won the SB had Palmer not gotten hurt.

56 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

Army, for me, it comes down to this. A team with championship potential, wins games like this coming Sunday, period! A team that has that mental toughness that has been missing so far since 2011. 

I think the 2005 team had it, and I believe they probably would have won the SB had Palmer not gotten hurt.

Yea that's kind of where I am, this is a game they have to learn to win. It's great that they destroy the lesser compition but they have to beat the good teams on big stages. The playoffs will only have good things, so it starts now, beat Pitt and earn that AFC North title at home!

13 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Yea that's kind of where I am, this is comingsame they have to learn to win.  It's great that they destroy the lesser compition but they have to beat the good teams on big stages. The playoffs will only have good things, so it starts now, beat Pitt and earn that AFC North title at home!

I feel they will do it. At home, on a Sunday, for the division...yeah its coming.

29 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I feel they will do it. At home, on a Sunday, for the division...yeah its coming.

I hope so Billy. I will definitely be in front of the tube, with my Bengals garb, the sound down, and the DVR synched with Hoard and Lap.

(I tried it for the Browns game and had it synched perfectly! Works great!)

• Like 1

Hasn't this team proven that it is mentally tough already?  Coming back from 17 down to Seattle?  Coming back against Arizona on the road?  Winning in Pitt?  After all this team has beaten several playoff teams already this year, they haven't flinched.  I would be willing to bet that if Green hadn't fumbled that ball they would have pulled out a tough win vs. Houston.  The Bengals have given me no cause to question their mental toughness this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Hasn't this team proven that it is mentally tough already?  Coming back from 17 down to Seattle?  Coming back against Arizona on the road?  Winning in Pitt?  After all this team has beaten several playoff teams already this year, they haven't flinched.  I would be willing to bet that if Green hadn't fumbled that ball they would have pulled out a tough win vs. Houston.  The Bengals have given me no cause to question their mental toughness this year.

IF Green hadn't fumbled.  He's fumbled twice on the big stage, during comeback drives.  Last year for the division title and this year against the Texans. So far, yes, this team HAS demonstrated the 'missing in action' mental toughness since 2009, however, you know as well as anyone Wraith, it all comes down to the big games and the big stage!  Championship caliber teams win the game Sunday and in Denver to get at least the 2 seed. 

If not, they are back where they have been for the past 4 years, playing in the wild card game!

They don't have to 'prove' anything to anyone but themselves.  But until it happens, many will be rooting for it not to happen, but still waiting for the other shoe to drop an egg!

40 minutes ago, Kazkal said:

My biggest worry about this game is steelers targeting our players trying to hurt them,with the chance of them meeting a third time in the playoffs wouldnt surprise me for tomlin to tell some of his guys to pull a Hines 

I am fully expecting them to try and hurt Bengals players.

45 minutes ago, Kazkal said:

One less prime time game yay XD makes sense 49ers are trash this year

are you joking, that is one less Bengals game for me to watch here in Arizona. and what they replace it with????? fucking Arizona game that I can watch no matter what time because it is ALWAYS on tv here in Arizona.

6 minutes ago, Dimster28 said:

are you joking, that is one less Bengals game for me to watch here in Arizona. and what they replace it with????? fucking Arizona game that I can watch no matter what time because it is ALWAYS on tv here in Arizona.

I hear ya'.