JJ What???

gregcook68

Anybody go on the Bengals website, and see the remark Watt made about Andy and Andy's response?

Watt's true colors surfaced.  Way too much focus attention on that turd!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Dalton-fires-back-at-Watt-Preventing-a-streak-Bengals-own-up/7b8bac40-789f-4ad0-bfd4-85072aa74187

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton didn’t take to kindly to Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt’s observation that his defense turned “The Red Rifle,’ into Ralphie's "Red Ryder B.B. Gun" of  Christmas Story fame during Monday night’s 10-6 loss at Paul Brown Stadium.

“I’m disappointed in him because of the integrity of this game. I have a lot of respect for him. He’s a really good player," Dalton said. "There are a lot of kids and people who look up to him, and for him to make comments like that, he’s just showing that’s acceptable to say that kind of stuff. It’s disappointing for one of the best players in this league to come out and say something like that, so that’s all I’m going to say about that.

"I think he’s a good player, but for him to be one of the best in this league and to show that integrity, it shows what he’s about, and that’s disappointing.” . .

Dalton is simply a crybaby in this instance.    If he doesn't like getting picked on by Watt, then beat him on the field of play.   He needs to take ownership of the fact that the hasn't been up to the challenge of beating the Texans (or hardly anybody in primetime games, not to mention the playoffs).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rwjcgc said:

Dalton is simply a crybaby in this instance.    If he doesn't like getting picked on by Watt, then beat him on the field of play.   He needs to take ownership of the fact that the hasn't been up to the challenge of beating the Texans (or hardly anybody in primetime games, not to mention the playoffs).

I knew things would go south by some here, as soon as they laid an egg. But I hope no Bengal ever makes public juvenile statements like this.

An egg was laid. Dalton can't pass, catch, and not fumble himself.

26 minutes ago, rwjcgc said:

He is not crybaby, what Watt say doesnt bother him, Dalton was just shocked that Watts who is "role model" say those stuff. if it was some low life thugs who say those stuff, I bet you Dalton wouldnt say anything about it.

To be honest, I always thought Watt had that, just under the surface, a-holeness condescension about him, so this statement didn't really surprise me, just the fact that he made it publicly, and AFTER the game was over was a little bit of a surprise.

I was more surprised at Flacco's comment BEFORE the Bengals game when he said that Dalton can't play from behind. If we (Ravens) can get ahead, late in the game, we will win. He can't beat us on his own.

Two surprises, I always thought Joe was a stand up good guy and was above saying that publicly, despite what he believed.

Secondly, saying something like that publicly, before a game, has no greater good, except to fire the opponent up, which it did, not only once, but twice, late in the game.

1 hour ago, rwjcgc said:

Hard to beat him when the team around him is dropping balls and fumbling a game winning drive. 

43 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Can't say as I think there's anything needing to be made of this.

Watt made a poor play on words using Dalton's stupid nickname and Dalton went all overboard in how offended he was.

Both look silly.  The only thing stranger is how this dumb exchange has become some story.

Next.

Dalton was asked about it, and he said he was disappointed in Watt.  Didn't hear anything about him being offended about it, or going overboard.

Well Andy went on about "how they are supposed to be an example for kids" blah blah blah.  Really? Over Watt's comment? Give me a break.  The whole "story" is just sports media-driven stupidity, they just wait around for guys to say anything other than the standard, dumb "blah blah blah" stuff you get from every coach/player.

4 hours ago, gregcook68 said:

Dalton was asked about it, and he said he was disappointed in Watt.  Didn't hear anything about him being offended about it, or going overboard.

Exactly, my Comment is pretty obviously what is going on and why Dalton is saying those.  I dont understand why so many people think different.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Two each their own.

To make comments about the integrity of the game and to equate one stupid comment into knowing what Watt is about is overboard.

You have to put it in context. As some of the deadspin commenters point out, Watt has apparently made himself a bit obnoxious by donning the mantle of Mr. Super-Serious Football Player and self-appointed arbiter of what's Real Football Behavior. For instance, he got into a similarly stupid flap last year with Zach Mettenberger, criticizing Mettenberger for not being serious about the game because he posted some selfies online.

"It was kind of a reminder that this is the NFL, not high school. This is the National Football League. Welcome to the show," Watt said after the game, via the Houston Chronicle.

"I take this game seriously," Watt said. "If I were a rookie being named a starter for the first time, I'd be a little more focused. But we won the game. That's all that matters."

In this light, Dalton's comments, which just seem like a weird response to a playground-caliber quip, make perfect sense. He's mocking Watt for doing exactly the kind of jv stuff that Watt himself got huffy and self-important about.

23 hours ago, rwjcgc said:

True, one tried and true way to keep your opponent, who just beat you, from talking shit about you is to not let your opponent beat you.  Harmless yammering by Watt, who by all accounts is a great guy and a great football player.  You can see on this very board how well he treated a young fan while in Cinci.  He's a quality guy and has been the best at his position for a few years.  Dude is a monster.  

Some context for this whole exchange - If you watched last season's pro bowl, you pretty much saw, in my opinion, the genesis of Watt's comments.  Watt was on team Carter with Dalton.  The QB's all balled out.  And I'm not giving them too much credit by saying that.  In part time duty, Matthew Stafford threw for over 300 yards.  Defenses were not allowed to blitz, so dudes were slinging it.  

Team Carter/Watt had a chance to win at the end of the game.  Inexplicably, Carter puts Dalton in to win the game for them.  Now, it was just the pro bowl.  But you could tell these guys wanted to win.  They all are hyper-competitive, that's what lands most of them in the NFL.  So we all know what happened.  Hell, sitting there watching it, I knew what was going to happen, having seen it happen about ten times before.  Dalton goes 4 for 5, all screens or super short routes to his two running backs.  They get down the field to the 19.  Now the field has shortened up, they couldn't use the receivers to drive the corners and safeties deep to open up the short stuff for the backs.  So now the game is on the line, and Dalton threw 4 consecutive incompletions.  The one thing that jumped out at me was how pissed JJ Watt looked on the sideline as he watched Dalton do his thing.  He was furious.  And of course the camera went to him pretty much after each futile passing attempt by Andy, Watt being the IT guy of the moment then.  Dalton's inability to do what every other quarterback had done that day cost every guy on his team twenty seven thousand bucks.  It cost them the win.  

And you can imagine the thought process of Watt, having to stand and watch that shit show.  He's the best at his position, and it's not even close.  Dalton didn't even belong on that field, 7, count 'em, 7 guys passed it up due to fake unjury or Super Bowl duty.  Dalton showed up because he's a game competitor, but he was overmatched by the level of play in that game.  When you're the 7th alternate, you are likely not going to be up to the task.  

I think Watt was really pissed about that loss and how it went down.  I think he's still pissed.  Chris Carter needs his head examined.  In the final analysis, Watt showed class by never blaming Carter or Dalton, just kept his mouth shut.  But I think a little bit of that resentment still exists, resulting in this little jab after their win Monday night.