Texans @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

4 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

It's not the losing.

It's not the fact that Houston played a good D

It's the fact that the Bengals had the chances, had the opportunities, and didn't take them.

Did the Texans beat us? No. We beat ourselves. Crap penalties, shit 3rd down conversions, dropped passes, crazy movement/shifting of the O line.  We shot ourselves in the foot tonight in front of a national audience - embarrassment t!!!

Yeah. Might have gotten a little too cute with the play calling.

The Bengals were not good - I haven't seen a performance suck like that since Pamela Anderson's video !!

36 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

It's crazy though they are 8-1 and bengals fans are acting like its the end of the world, stay off Twitter if you have it lol. 

It's not the loss and the record, it's 'how' they lost.  They laid an egg!  Getting beat, by making another team beat you is one thing, but with all the dropped balls, errant throws, and key fumble............it's what separates the good from the great!  They did not look confident and aggressive.  They looked scared.

I think what many fans are probably foreseeing, is a possible skid.  Hoping it doesn't happen, but it's hard not waiting for the other shoe to drop as a Bengal fan.

3 minutes ago, StripesInSuffolk said:

No it isn't.  Keep a level head and stop allowing irrelevant games from 2014 or 1975 to affect your perspective.

1968-2014.  I'm an old timer Stripes.  Saw Greg Cook play at Nippert Field!

It's kind of like the Red Sox fans before 2004.

You root for them year after year, never giving up until the last out, but you're always waiting for that/those blunder(s) to end the season and World Series hope!  lol

Still have hope that this is the Bengals 2004, and will root as such.  Time will tell!

36 minutes ago, gregcook68 said:

It's not the loss and the record, it's 'how' they lost.  They laid an egg!  Getting beat, by making another team beat you is one thing,

This is exactly it - spot on.

And for some reason I'm on the verge of being banned on Facebooks "Bengal Nation" for dare speaking this .... seems I'm not a diehard fan if I utter "WTF?"

Can't bring myself to really care that much. My 9 year old, the Texans fan who loves JJ Watt, had a lifetime moment. During pre game Watt was running around the stadium tossing a ball with random kids. I yelled for JJ to get one toss in with my son and he ran over and handed the ball to my son to keep. It was such a cool thing for him and he was so excited, the game didn't really matter for me. Hell, after that I was almost rooting for the Texans. The Bengals will be fine. Great night !!!

9 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

On the side I can watch the games again and Billy won't have everyone in the bar wondering who that stinky homeless guy is!

The jersey now resides in the hamper awaiting to be cleansed.

10 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Can't bring myself to really care that much. My 9 year old, the Texans fan who loves JJ Watt, had a lifetime moment. During pre game Watt was running around the stadium tossing a ball with random kids. I yelled for JJ to get one toss in with my son and he ran over and handed the ball to my son to keep. It was such a cool thing for him and he was so excited, the game didn't really matter for me. Hell, after that I was almost rooting for the Texans. The Bengals will be fine. Great night !!!

That is awesome, what it's all about.

I almost took my 11 year old to that game.  Was considering buying tics on stubhub about lunchtime yesterday, then driving down there as soon as he was out of school.  Finally decided against it because evil wife.   

We got outcoached badly.  Their defensive pressure is exactly what our offense can't handle.  We don't have Cam Newton or Aarron Rodgers back there, we need a clean pocket.  Things got frenetic, QB started missing, then when he was on our TE just couldn't perform.  But they schemed us to death more than anything.  We need Smith back, and we need to tell him the next time Andy throws a pick he can just stay where he is.  Losing him because he tried to move 300 plus pounds to make a tackle was not worth it.  

23 minutes ago, COB said:

We need Smith back, and we need to tell him the next time Andy throws a pick he can just stay where he is.  Losing him because he tried to move 300 plus pounds to make a tackle was not worth it.  

I said this during the game but it's worth repeating: it's beyond frustrating that the Bengals spent their first AND second round picks on tackles, and out best option 10 weeks into the season is old man Winston.

Also, can someone have that recent article on how super-mega-plus-ultra an oline coach Paul Alexander is printed up on toilet paper and stocked in the coach's john? And put a couple extra rolls in Hue's stall to remind him these guys are an oline, not a fukking ballet?

What a flat display. Hue got too clever, and it backfired. Houston D came ready.

The Marvin Jones end around from the 14 was a joke. Should have had a TD that drive. Dalton playing poorly, missing open throws, Eifert was due to end up with an "off" game. He'd been flying high. AJ getting stripped, not playing smart football (getting down, covering the ball), tells me he may not be the mega star he's touted to be. All in all, a cluster ruck of little things that undid them.

OK, so they lost. 8-1 is still very solid. How they respond to the loss will be telling.Giving up 10 points and losing is a bit ridiculous.

5 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Also, can someone have that recent article on how super-mega-plus-ultra an oline coach Paul Alexander is printed up on toilet paper and stocked in the coach's john? And put a couple extra rolls in Hue's stall to remind him these guys are an oline, not a fukking ballet?

The pressure came right up the middle.  Time and again they were our middle 3 were pushed right back into Andy's face.  The Pittsburgh game was the same way, right up the middle.  Special no-punch blocking technique not working!!