Texans @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, COB said:

Oh my gosh!  Thank you!

YESSSS!!! Way to go Indy!!!

You are welcome COB. 

On a side note, the Bengals were part of NFL history today. It's the first time three team have made it to 8-0 in the same season.

Last two Bengals games I've attended, both losses to the Texans.  One was the Ocho-Chad year, Palmer's last.  We had like a 20 point lead at halftime and Ryan Fitzpatrick brought them back to beat us.  Also saw Chris Crocker wreck his knee in that game.  I shouted a bunch of encouraging stuff to him (I was in front row in the south endzone) as he rode off on the back of a golf cart.  My encouraging words didn't seem to cheer him up at all.

Edit, just looked it up, those games were in '09 and '11.  We had to get moved at halftime of one game because one neighbor was so hammered he wouldn't stop yelling obscenities and I had my then 5 year-old son with me.  

14 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

You all dont have a way outside of bengalszone to contact B24?

I'd send you a PM, but it says you can't receive messages. Might be something you have to select on in your account settings. 

Or just email me:  billybroome76@Yahoo.com

The Texans ruled out veteran cornerback Kareem Jackson for next Monday night’s road game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Jackson has been sidelined since spraining his right ankle against the Jacksonville Jaguars. It’s believed he has a high-ankle sprain, which takes longer to heal.

Jackson will miss his third consecutive game.

He hasn’t returned to practice.

Rookie cornerback Kevin Johnson will start again opposite Johnathan Joseph with Jackson sidelined.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2015/11/texans-rule-out-kareem-jackson-for-bengals-game/

I wouldn't dare guess at their record for the second half of the season, but I suspect that the game against Denver will go along way toward determining the No. 2 and 3 seeds. Just looking ahead to week 10 is enough to keep me busy.

Bills @ Jets: Not sure who I would rather face in the postseason but with Fitzy hurt the Bills have the best shot at being the other AFCE team that makes the dance.

Browns @ Steelers: can the Clowns pull one out against a Stooler team with no Bell or Ben? Probably not but they couldn't ask for a better setup. Memo to Mike Pettine: you might want to have someone cover that Antonio Brown guy. He's kinda good.

Vikings @ Raiders: Hate to root against Zim but I think I'm leaning toward the Raiders at this point. The loss to Pitt pushed them down in the wild card chase but given how the Bengals drubbed them before I don't fear a playoff game against Oakland, especially in Cincy in January.

Patriots @ Giants: Go Big Blue!

Chiefs @ Broncos: Go Chefs!

Cardinals @ Seahawks: No playoff implications but I would love to see this game go deep into overtime Sunday night.

ESPN stats & info says Andy Dalton is blowing up Andy Dalton narratives left and right. Here's the mole to whack this week:

"The Texans have Dalton's number"

In four career games against the Texans including the playoffs, Dalton has a 1-3 record, two touchdowns, six turnovers and seven sacks. All five of the Texans' interceptions against Dalton were on passes intended for A.J. Green.

The four games against the Texans have featured some not-so-memorable moments for Dalton.

2011 Week 14 – Up by 13 with 14:26 left in the third quarter, Dalton lost a fumble on a sack by Connor Barwin. The Texans scored on the ensuing possession and won, 20-19.

2011 Wild Card game – Tied at 10 with a minute to go before halftime, Dalton took a snap out of shotgun and tried to pass to Green outside the numbers. J.J. Watt intercepted the ball at the line of scrimmage and returned it for a touchdown and the first of the Texans’ 21 unanswered points from that point on.

2012 Wild Card game – Trailing by six with 3:15 left in the third quarter, Dalton overthrew Green and was intercepted by Johnathan Joseph. The Texans kicked a field goal on the following drive to make it a two-score game.

2014 Week 12 – Up 13 with 7:30 left in the third quarter, Dalton threw behind Green and was intercepted for a pick-six by Joseph.

4 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

I wouldn't dare guess at their record for the second half of the season, but I suspect that the game against Denver will go along way toward determining the No. 2 and 3 seeds. Just looking ahead to week 10 is enough to keep me busy.

Bills @ Jets: Not sure who I would rather face in the postseason but with Fitzy hurt the Bills have the best shot at being the other AFCE team that makes the dance.

Browns @ Steelers: can the Clowns pull one out against a Stooler team with no Bell or Ben? Probably not but they couldn't ask for a better setup. Memo to Mike Pettine: you might want to have someone cover that Antonio Brown guy. He's kinda good.

Vikings @ Raiders: Hate to root against Zim but I think I'm leaning toward the Raiders at this point. The loss to Pitt pushed them down in the wild card chase but given how the Bengals drubbed them before I don't fear a playoff game against Oakland, especially in Cincy in January.

Patriots @ Giants: Go Big Blue!

Chiefs @ Broncos: Go Chefs!

Cardinals @ Seahawks: No playoff implications but I would love to see this game go deep into overtime Sunday night.

Ok, my predictions - 

Bills @ Jets - Bizarre Rex Ryan, he of the stapled stomach and the washed up jets qb tattoo, names Enemkpali a captain for sucker punching Geno Smith and erasing most of his season.  Most Jets fans and players would likely thank Enemkpali for doing so at this point of the season.  Jets have new coach Todd Bowles, sort of the anti-Rex, he plays it close to the vest and most people know nothing about this guy.  If TV shows the Jets guy who wears the fireman outfit to games, they'll lose.

Browns @ Steelers - Can they both lose?  That's a trick question, they've both already lost, they're the Browns and the Steelers.  This game will basically be a pose-down as every time they show Pettine he's grimacing like he's trying to crap broken glass, and every time they show Tomlin he's posing like the fake tough guy he is, behind mirror aviators with his brim pulled low.  That's all even at night.  Edge - Pettine and the Browns.  Sure the Steelers are at home, but they too banged up for it to matter.

Vikings @ Raiders - Real vikings sailed across the north Atlantic in what were essentially large dinghies at the end of the tenth century and found North America about five hundred years before Christopher Columbus.  These current Vikings will face an equally daunting four hour flight to Oakland.  Bridgewater's jacked up brain will experience chaos and disarray as the airliner cabin pressurizes and depressurizes.  Luckily, Zim is there to bathe him in spittle as he screams in his face during the game, snapping Bridgewater's grey matter to attention and thus delivering a Viking-like pillaging to the hopes and dreams of the unfortunate black hole residents who will have spent hours before the game painting themselves silver and gluing foam spikes and plastic toy skulls to the shoulder pads they stole from the neighbor's garage.  

Patriots @ Giants - Patriots games have turned into a 3 hour orgasm for the NFL punditry, and a 3 hour rage-fueled conniption for the rest of the country.  Seething hatred prevents me from picking the Patriots.  Common sense and reality prevent me from picking the Giants.  Perhaps a nice natural disaster will befall the New York area around game time.  If the earth opens up and the whole stadium is collapsing into the lava filled chasm below, and then if the Rock comes flying by in a helicopter, which is a natural part of these natural disasters, hopefully he'll have a large supply of cinder blocks to toss down to the Patriots.  Brady and Bellicheck are geniuses so they'll figure something out.  

Chiefs @ Broncos - Snore.  Can't wait to watch Payton yell ten different audibles, then throw a 1 yard pass, and then watch him do it thirty more times.  Now let's watch Andy Reid stare thoughtfully at a large laminated play sheet, then call a series of 1 yard passes for Alex Smith to throw.  By the middle of the third quarter, that will be takeout menu Reid is staring at.  

Cardinals @ Seahawks - Carson Palmer, all 6'5" of him, standing tall in the pocket.  He's got a rocket arm.  He's lantern jawed.  His steely gaze surveys the coverage, looking for just the small window into which he'll hurl a world-class spiral.  I'm not talking about the Seahawks game, these are just the pictures on Mike's dresser at home.  Game - Seahawks will look good, then stupid ass Pete Carroll will do something unbelievably retarded and blow the game.  

• Like 1

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 9:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 99.9%
Win the division: 97.3%
First-round bye: 80.1
AFC Championship game appearance: 62.4%
AFC Championship game win: 30.7%
Super Bowl win: 16.0%
Go 16-0: 4.4%

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 10.2%

Man, it's a horrible injury year for NFL QBs. Now Andrew Luck goes down, out 2-6 weeks with kidney and abdominal injuries.

Lousy timing given that we are playing the No. 2 team in the division Monday. Not that it ought to matter but I'd rather not give the Texans any extra motivation.

• HoosierCat featured and unfeatured this topic