Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

ok let me say one thing, it is fucking 5 years ago, MOVE ON, if you cant, keep it to yourself. I AM TIRED OF SEE INSULTS even after 5 years.

his name is Carson Palmer, he is QB of Arizona Cardinals. his name is not quitter.

those who keep on insult and insult is sign of being low class scums. I was raised in good family and culture, insults is not allow in our family, anyone who love to insults or something like that turn us off and we wont social with those kind of people.

I am here on this forum only because i need my Bengals news and some other stuff, I am not here for this crap.

I have been here since 2003. and I still get lack of respect from you guys, you all never respect my wish or anything like that. it shows I am not welcome here, I sometime feel that way.

if a well known member asked me to please stop say whatever I did say, I would respect that person wish and I stop doing it. but instead i get this "no".

only one who seriously respect me very well and I will always respect him as well, I dont need to say who, you all know who he is.

As I was recently reminded, there's always the ignore function.

Come get your Bengals news, although there are far better places to get basic news, and ignore the rest.

nah i will never put him on ignore, he bring alot of stuff to this forum. few stuff bug me like call him quitter. but is it good reason for me to put him on ignore. nope not even close lol

Well, then I guess there's just dealing with it.

There's far worse things said here than Palmer being called a quitter.

Heck, I say some of them. Nothing is meant personally (for the most part) and I won't cast judgment on someone else about who they are because of that.

If someone were to take all my "F" bombs seriously, you would think I was some deranged individual. Then again, you never know.

However, I'm a family man who has served my country and continues to serve other Veterans each and every day.

F the world !!!

:yes:

@dimster NO.

ok, please call me quitter as well then.

I quit on my high school football team.

had you signed a multi year contract for more money than any of us would see in multiple lifetimes, much of it paid in advance for your services?

there is plenty of players who quit on their team for good reason, we dont know Palmer's real reason, everything have been saying on internet is just assuming. I bet he does have a REAL GOOD reason for doing that but he is not that kind of player to tell everybody like Chad Johnson would.

based on you people, Barry Sanders the best player and very humble/ good person is a quitter??

in case you all wondering, I still have my Palmer Bengals Jersey and wear it with pride all time and i still have the framed picture that was made by my 2 niece maybe 6 years ago. one pf picture in there is Palmer

I am very happy I can watch him play every weekend here in Arizona. He still have my full respect.

Yes, I consider Barry Sanders a quitter. He quit on his team, right before they made the play-offs and needed a good RB.

At least he quit football completely and I respect that about his decision. Palmer threw a hissy fit, lost his battle with Brown. Then he acts like a child and claims he would retire before playing in Cincy again. I agree with TJ.

@dimster NO.

ok, please call me quitter as well then.

I quit on my high school football team.

had you signed a multi year contract for more money than any of us would see in multiple lifetimes, much of it paid in advance for your services?

there is plenty of players who quit on their team for good reason, we dont know Palmer's real reason, everything have been saying on internet is just assuming. I bet he does have a REAL GOOD reason for doing that but he is not that kind of player to tell everybody like Chad Johnson would.

based on you people, Barry Sanders the best player and very humble/ good person is a quitter??

in case you all wondering, I still have my Palmer Bengals Jersey and wear it with pride all time and i still have the framed picture that was made by my 2 niece maybe 6 years ago. one pf picture in there is Palmer

I am very happy I can watch him play every weekend here in Arizona. He still have my full respect.

Yes, I consider Barry Sanders a quitter. He quit on his team, right before they made the play-offs and needed a good RB.

At least he quit football completely and I respect that about his decision. Palmer threw a hissy fit, lost his battle with Brown. Then he acts like a child and claims he would retire before playing in Cincy again. I agree with TJ.

Barry Sanders did same thing you say about Palmer, He threat Lions by refuse to play for them even again and willing to sit out forever. Lions is the asshole one. They can have trade him away like Bengals did. but they just want to screw Barry sanders. So Barry Sanders have no choice but to retire even if he is not ready to. Miami Dolphins did offer to trade for him and Barry Sanders did want to go to Miami Dolphins because of Dan Marino. but Detriot Lions wont let it happen.

http://usat.ly/1S7RFEg

Cute. I'm sure Army will appreciate that nickname for Eifert... :)

Oh, the 1st line of the piece cracked me up...

It inspired a recent conversation with CJ kingpin Josh Kirkendall, a great writer and all-around great guy, except when he’s a total dicknose.

Nice.

A good thought today from Dehner.

Maybe the least discussed element of the 2014 season was what we nearly witnessed in Week 17 in Pittsburgh. As the Bengals return to the scene this Sunday, you can't help but connect those events to the team's current rise.

During a season defined by injuries and overcoming long odds to even find themselves in a position to win the AFC North with a victory against the Steelers, the standard weapons were laid out for the critics of Andy Dalton.

He couldn't win if the stakes were high. He couldn't win in primetime. He couldn't do it in Pittsburgh. And he couldn't lift up those around him and carry his team to a critical win.

That cold night in Pittsburgh started how so many cold nights in Pittsburgh do. A punt return for a touchdown, couple interceptions and a 10-point halftime deficit. The Bengals were buried. The NFL world started printing Steelers AFC North title shirts.

Then, a funny thing happened. Andy Dalton caught fire.

After a 50-yard miss from Mike Nugent negated a 10-play drive to open the second half, Dalton began bringing his team back. He found a connection with A.J. Green and the Steelers didn't have an answer. Eight yards, 16 yards. Ten yards then ten more yards. The 15-play, 89-yard drive concluded in a touchdown pass to Jermaine Gresham to pull within three points.

Once the defense forced an ill-advised fake punt, Dalton went back to work. Green for six. A first down crossing midfield.

Here was Dalton, doing what everyone said he couldn't. Lifting his team up, under the lights, in Pittsburgh, for a North title and first-round home game. The breakthrough.

He completed one final dart to A.J. Green on a crossing pattern down to the 31. Then it happened.

The fumble. The concussion. Game all but over. Season all but over.

Amid the fallout from the turnover and proceeding 68-yard touchdown pass to Antonio Brown, Dalton's performance faded to the footnotes. The fumble didn't belong to him, but after he still fought the critics claiming he can't win the big game and can't lift up his team. Yet, he was doing it.

He finished 17 of 23 for 163 yards and a touchdown without a pick in the second half.

For more than Dalton, but the entire Bengals team its hard not to wonder what might have been had that fumble and that hit never happened. The conversation doesn't matter now, another round of pointless media storylines. But as the Bengals return to Pittsburgh for the first time since that play and Dalton taking the next step as a quarterback it's important to remember what he did that night at Heinz Field before the fumble and maybe it was a sign of a player turning the corner in a big moment. Easy to argue the show served as foreshadowing for what we are seeing now.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/28/bengals-walkthru-what-nearly-became-daltons-moment/74725974/

Doc's pretty good this morning too.

Meantime, it's Pittsburgh Week! so let the debate rage. In this corner (my corner) an appraisal of What It All Means:

Not much.

When I asked youse Mobsters a week ago if you believed in the 2015 Men, lots of you said, "If they beat Pittsburgh.''

Skepticism can be a valuable trait. It keeps us wary and grounded. In your case, it's entirely warranted. Any fan base that survived The Lost Decade and now, the quasi-prosperity since the post- t.ocho reboot deserves to be as skeptical as the law allows.

Howevuh. . .

In terms of postseason significance, it's just another game. If Pittsburgh wins, it won't mean the Stillers have a mystique-al hold on The Men. It will mean Pittsburgh played better, at home.

Agree or disagree?

The Bengals have the better team, clearly. But this is the NFL, Bernie Sanders' League, where 8-8 is the league's unofficial goal for each of its teams. The Bengals have not played a bad game yet. They're due. The Steelers emerged from a Ben-less month 2-2, with wins over San Diego and AZ.

Not bad.

They've won the last 3 in the series, and 8 of 12 since '09. Last year, the Bengals had a combined five turnovers and 13 penalties. L. Bell drilled them for 185 and 2 TDs in one game. Ben had over 300 and just one pick in the other.

Pittsburgh had its center M. Pouncey and its starting left tackle in each of those games. It has neither now. The Bengals lacked M. Jones and T. Eifert. Pittsburgh's secondary was shaky then. It still is. They're 27th in the league in passing yards allowed. They don't tackle well.

And so on.

A Bengals win would add another brick in the local Wall of Confidence. An L wouldn't detract from it. Willie Anderson used to call the Pittsburgh tilts "manhood games.'' He was right, back then. Not anymore. Those Bengals were young; their cockiness betrayed a collective insecurity. How good are we? Pittsburgh will tell us.

This team is older, wiser and even more talented. Pittsburgh isn't going to do any telling. The Big Brother thing worked when Little Bro was still a kid. He's all grown up now.
By Monday morning, the proprietor of This Space will not have had his mind changed, no matter the result.

That's about how I feel too, especially that last part I put in bold. It touches on something I've felt for the last few weeks but couldn't quite put into words

• Like 1

Maybe if Palmer hadn't quit, people wouldn't think he was a quitter. And keep bringing it up. He quit on the team.

Maybe if Palmer hadn't quit, people wouldn't think he was a quitter. And keep bringing it up. He quit on the team.

Pretty much,Big Ben won't stop being a rapist just because he hasn't been caught for awhile.

Pitt injury report:

DNP: LB Terence Gavin (knee), CB William Gay (shoulder), DE Stephon Truitt (knee). James Harrison, Heath Miller and Matt Spaeth also didn't go but were NIR so I suspect that's just vet rest.

Limited: S Will Allen (ankle), QB Michael Vick (hammy)

Full: Big Jen Toothlessburger (knee)

CBS looks at Ben's performance in first games back from injury.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25355742/which-big-ben-will-show-up-for-steelers-against-rival-bengals

Overall he's 2-4. One thing I noticed reading through the piece that isn't teased out in it: of the six games in question, four were returns after missing just one game, and two were returns after missing three games (in each case). In the four comebacks after missing one game Ben is 2-2; in the pair after missing three games he's 0-2.