Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

Go on the road and beat the Ravens (thought to be better than the Bengals) ?? Check

Head to the west coast and beat the Raiders (Never happened before) ?? Check

Take on a team with a real defense that appeared in the last two Super Bowls ?? Check

See Andy Dalton take the next step in leading this team ?? Check

What else needs to be checked off ??

That ever-elusive playoff win, of course :-)

Not nearly as important, but I would love love LOVE to see the Bengals sweep the Steelers

Is it nit-picky to still want to see them win in primetime? I guess at this point it's little more than superstition to say they can't win in prime time because they have checked off so many boxes already in convincing fashion. But ... I honestly will feel a lot better after we get a primetime game or two under our belt.

Go on the road and beat the Ravens (thought to be better than the Bengals) ?? Check

Take on a team with a real defense that appeared in the last two Super Bowls ?? Check

Not nearly as important, but I would love love LOVE to see the Bengals sweep the Steelers

Is it nit-picky to still want to see them win in primetime? I guess at this point it's little more than superstition to say they can't win in prime time because they have checked off so many boxes already in convincing fashion. But ... I honestly will feel a lot better after we get a primetime game or two under our belt.

100% agree with this, just need to look at how big difference it was last year's 2 games between Bengals and Browns

100% agree with this, just need to look at how big difference it was last year's 2 games between Bengals and Browns

The game they lost was big stage. The one they won wasn't.

I know it's in jest, but it gets old.

Can't say there is a need to continue.

Don't be positive in private.

So if I were 'really' ridiculing the Bengals, it would be better?

Did I say that? I (along with many others) have simply said it's annoying.

We get it, you're doing this in jest. It seems a little overboard if I'm being honest.

If that's what gets you going, then please continue. I just don't get it.

That's what ignore buttons are for, but people leave boards because of crap like that.

We get it, you're doing this in jest. It seems a little overboard if I'm being honest.

That's what ignore buttons are for, but people leave boards because of crap like that.

Ive seen plenty of 'crap' like that here and I seriously doubt whether the OPs were concerned about annoying someone or someone leaving, and I've only been around for a couple of seasons.

Doesn't have a thing to do with me. The Bengals are 8-0 since I started being negative (counting pre-season) after the

horrible Tampa Bay pre-season game.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the year they rewrite the 47 year franchise history ride I've watched and not only win big stage season games, but also win 3 big stage post season games!

Time will tell!

Time to move on, folks. If you don't like bengalguy's schtick, then use the ignore function. If you don't know how, ask me and I'll be happy to help.

I find it a bit obnoxious as well, but who cares? Just skip it and move on.

There are many far more obnoxious things lurking around these boards. Hoosier and his (former) mullet, for instance. What's the deal with that guy?

Time to move on, folks. If you don't like bengalguy's schtick, then use the ignore function. If you don't know how, ask me and I'll be happy to help.

There are many far more obnoxious things lurking around these boards. Hoosier and his (former) mullet, for instance. What's the deal with that guy?

It's as simple as that.

Beside that, the likeliness of them going undefeated are nill, so if they get their hind ends handed to them on November 1st, the streak dies and so does the schtick!

Why couldn't we be put into the NFC East or better yet the AFC South. I think from a latitude perspective Cincy is south of Indy. All these teams stink.

They could do a lot of realigning. For instance, as you have noted, Indy would seem to fit into the AFC North a lot better than Baltimore.

Then shove Baltimore into the NFC, put them in the East instead of Dallas.

Forgetting AFC vs NFC, the AFC North should be us, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indy.

The East, AFC or NFC, doesn't matter which, should be Baltimore, Philly, New England, and one of the New York teams.

The south could be Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Carolina.

It all just makes sense.

Utimately, though, hopefully they'll realign everything and determine that New England doesn't fit anywhere so they have to dissolve the franchise. Then they'll decide that the franchise was a cesspool of thievery and fraud, and they'll erase all their records from the books, remove any sign of them from Canton, and erase any trace of the franchise whatsoever from any NFL authorized property or media. Then hopefully they'll tear down their stadium and use the site for a toxic waste dump. Then with any luck they'll kill Kraft, Bellicheck, Gronk, Brady, and most of all, Teddy Bruschi, then they'll cremate them in the world class evidence incinerator that the NFL most certainly owns and uses in their building on Park Avenue in New York. Then if things work out right, they'll take the ashes up to the roof of the Park Avenue NFL offices, load them into a giant cannon, then fire the thing to the northeast so the Boston area can be reunited with their favorite sons.

Why couldn't we be put into the NFC East or better yet the AFC South. I think from a latitude perspective Cincy is south of Indy. All these teams stink.

They could do a lot of realigning. For instance, as you have noted, Indy would seem to fit into the AFC North a lot better than Baltimore.

Then shove Baltimore into the NFC, put them in the East instead of Dallas.

Forgetting AFC vs NFC, the AFC North should be us, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Indy.

The East, AFC or NFC, doesn't matter which, should be Baltimore, Philly, New England, and one of the New York teams.

The south could be Miami, Jacksonville, Atlanta, and Carolina.

It all just makes sense.

Utimately, though, hopefully they'll realign everything and determine that New England doesn't fit anywhere so they have to dissolve the franchise. Then they'll decide that the franchise was a cesspool of thievery and fraud, and they'll erase all their records from the books, remove any sign of them from Canton, and erase any trace of the franchise whatsoever from any NFL authorized property or media. Then hopefully they'll tear down their stadium and use the site for a toxic waste dump. Then with any luck they'll kill Kraft, Bellicheck, Gronk, Brady, and most of all, Teddy Bruschi, then they'll cremate them in the world class evidence incinerator that the NFL most certainly owns and uses in their building on Park Avenue in New York. Then if things work out right, they'll take the ashes up to the roof of the Park Avenue NFL offices, load them into a giant cannon, then fire the thing to the northeast so the Boston area can be reunited with their favorite sons.

I hope Rodney Harrison isn't getting a pass in all this...

They could do a lot of realigning.

I hope Rodney Harrison isn't getting a pass in all this...

I can't believe I forgot that guy. I think I sort of block him out.

I have dusted off ignore function since last time around (Groundhog Day in 2008) but it isn't working. I can still see the posts of that whom I am trying to ignore.

ETA - figured it out - there was a second step. All good now.