Agreeing with Rodney Harrison????

gregcook68

Being a musician and semi-retired, I turned a bedroom into a recording studio and recording is now my hobby.

The only forums I browse now are recording/music related.

I go to the Bengals website but do not engage in anyone else's opinion about the Bengals and even watched the game Sunday with the sound down when I saw who the announcers were.

Again, for me, the only opinions that matter are Brown's and Lewis's, even then I have no choice but to play the hand they deal us or fold.

During halftime I usually turn down the sound, but my son was home watching. I was in the kitchen and heard Rodney Harrison say the only thing I've ever heard him say that I not only agreed with but thought it was right on the money.

Paraphrasing he said that the missing ingredient for the last 4 years with the Bengals was mental toughness, and he thinks they may have finally matured to that point of mental toughness.

He said for the last 4 years all we've heard is how much talent they have, but without mental toughness, the talent doesn't matter!

Outside of any major season ending injuries, that mental toughness is something they can't afford to lose regardless of how much criticism comes about how slow their LBs are, whether Burfict plays, how overrated their OL is, tackling, run defense, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Beside that, it's not always one team's weaknesses or bad play, sometimes you just get beat by a better team that day! Period! Yes, correct the mistakes, but often you play the best your talent will allow, you just got beat!!

I don't think I've ever heard a coach in any sport ever say that in an interview. But it does happen, more often than most will admit!

As much as it pains me, I think Harrison is spot on!

Could be. Hard to diagnose their state of mind over the airwaves. One thing I have noticed is that the team in general, and Dalton specifically, seem a lot calmer at the beginning of games. We used to get Amped Up Andy at the start of games. You know, the guy whose first pass would be 10 yards over everyone's head. This year he just rolls out there and drives them down the field like it's another day at the office.

Could be. Hard to diagnose their state of mind over the airwaves. One thing I have noticed is that the team in general, and Dalton specifically, seem a lot calmer at the beginning of games. We used to get Amped Up Andy at the start of games. You know, the guy whose first pass would be 10 yards over everyone's head. This year he just rolls out there and drives them down the field like it's another day at the office.

Come on Cat! If you've been around sports long enough you don't have to 'diagnose over the airwaves'!!

As soon as I heard him say it, I said, Bingo! That's it! If they continue with it it 'should' help immensely with the big stage games. Time will tell.

Yeah, it's really odd seeing Rodney Harrison finally buy in.

I've never been able to stand the guy, but that makes you stop and take notice.

bengalguy, that's cool about your musical interests. I had no idea. I'm hugely into personal audio (headphones, amps, dacs) myself.

Recording and my gigs fill in the holes nicely in these semi-retired days.

Still a novice at recording, but have learned a ton, with tons left to learn.

The technology is unbelievable!