They Want Hue, They Want Hue So Bad, Baby

HoosierCat

I'm concerned with who the new offensive coordinator is going to be.

I'm all about continuity but it doesn't always work.  

Looking at Zampese as OC.  No way.  I've met the guy and listened to him talk about football.  Nice person but he is a stiff.  He's not the person we want leading this offense.

What are the names being thrown around?

13 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

What are the names being thrown around?

As far as I can tell, none. All of the chatter about Zampese and Urban appears to becoming from fans figuring they will stay in-house. I haven't seen anyone particularly excited about either of them.

2 minutes ago, COB said:

I hope for Hue's sake he gets the Giants job.  That organization knows how to run a football team.  Cleveland is a coaching black hole.  Your career goes in, never to be seen again.  

It's high risk, high reward.

Hue turns that team around and he is a legend in Cleveland.  He won't want for anything ever in that town if that happens.  

3 minutes ago, COB said:

What?  A succession plan?  So Marvin is hiring his successor, or he's doing it on behalf of the Brown/Blackburn troika.  This is a shocking development.  

Ummmm....if this is real, this is Marvin's last year as HC.  Theoretically.  His contract is up after 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cincyhokie said:

Ummmm....if this is real, this is Marvin's last year as HC.  Theoretically.  His contract is up after 2016.

Holy crap.  You have to choose, head coach up in The Mistake, or one more year, and it's a possible Super Bowl year, as OC in Cinci then guaranteed head coach gig.

Easy choice.  Stay in Cinci.  

This is the kind of crossroads that a person looks back on in 3 or 4 years.  Imagine it is fall 2018, Hue is standing on the Cleveland sideline, watching his team get killed by the Bengals.  It's his 6th game against the Bengals, and he's managed to win only one of those meetings.  He is on his way to a 5 win season, having won 5 and 6 games in his first two years.  Probably getting ready to get fired.  He watches as the Bengals offense, many of the players that he had a hand in selecting and breaking in to the NFL, dismantle his crap defense.  

Then he thinks back to January of 2016, and how he just couldn't, couldn't, wait one more year to become a head coach.