They Want Hue, They Want Hue So Bad, Baby

HoosierCat

I really think Mike Brown is scared to move on. 

I like Marvin, but at what point is he held accountable for how his team acts on the field. 

I know the Steelers acted just as childish if not more, but all week we heard guys say they learned from last game. Well they didn't show it that's for sure.

Not sure if anything will change next year, but losing a bunch of coaches won't help. It's hard enough making the playoffs 5 years in a row, not sure how long it can last. 

4 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

I really think Mike Brown is scared to move on. 

I like Marvin, but at what point is he held accountable for how his team acts on the field. 

I know the Steelers acted just as childish if not more, but all week we heard guys say they learned from last game. Well they didn't show it that's for sure.

Not sure if anything will change next year, but losing a bunch of coaches won't help. It's hard enough making the playoffs 5 years in a row, not sure how long it can last. 

Some key FAs to be signed as well.

We are likely in for more undisciplined, out-of-control football here.  It's been that way since Marv took over.

0 for 7 in the playoffs - I didn't know that was possible, but now it's a record Marvin holds all to himself.  Maybe he wants to go for 8? 

Brown isn't going to "fire" him, he'll have to resign.  I really wish he would remove himself from the field on game days and let someone else who can hold players, or anybody, accountable, take over.

4 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

We are likely in for more undisciplined, out-of-control football here.  It's been that way since Marv took over.

0 for 7 in the playoffs - I didn't know that was possible, but now it's a record Marvin holds all to himself.  Maybe he wants to go for 8? 

Brown isn't going to "fire" him, he'll have to resign.  I really wish he would remove himself from the field on game days and let someone else who can hold players, or anybody, accountable, take over.

What about Howdy??  You said it's all on him!!!!  Isn't there ANYTHING you can pin on him from the sidelines?

I understand everybody is pissed about last night and there are enough fingers to point in all directions.  My point about Andy Dalton is that he is getting better and is a decent QB but I am still not sold on him for the long term.  You guys forget to easy as to what he hasn't done for the Bengals.  Yes, he had a good year but still sucks when it comes to the playoffs.  Andy Dalton is NOT a gamer and I believe if AJ MC is given the chance he will prevail just as he did last night in horrible conditions.  AJ MC basically should have  had his first playoff win as a backup QB in his second year against the Steelers in only his 7th game starting.  Andy Dalton has had multiple chances(years) to get it done and has not.  You can say all you want about the rest of the team being the problem but it wasn't too long ago (last 3 years in a row) that everyone was calling for Dalton's head and said he was the reason this team would not succeed with all of the talent surrounding him.  NOW, people seem to forget that fact.  I don't think half of you on here have any idea about the game of football and are nothing more than armchair QB's and coaches.  Take away Hue Jackson and a few players and Andy Dalton is just plain average at best.  I stick by my above statement that Andy Dalton is a product of a great OC with a talented offense.  That is the reason for his success.  Lets see how Andy Dalton does without Hue Jackson next year.  

For those of you who think Jeremy Hill is the reason we lost and think he needs cut are just plain crazy.  Yeah, he didn't have a great of a year as last year but this would be a completely different offense without him in the backfield.  It is baffling to read some of these comments.  Marvin Lewis is the one who needs to go (fired, retire or whatever).  I would put the blame mostly on him for last night's loss.  You can say what you want about Hill fumble, Pacman penalty, and Burfict penalty but the truth is that it is a culture issue with the Bengals.  That is solely on the head coach.  The culture established by Lewis currently is not one of discipline and TEAM.  If those players had any respect for their TEAM that would not have happened and that is a direct reflection of the coach.  If you know these clowns have anger issues, then do whatever is necessary for them to address them and instead just rolling the dice and see what happens.  I don't care how good they are.  We saw what happened last night.  It doesn't matter if those two are the best two defenders on the team they still lost.  I would have rather lost that game last night by putting Burfict and Pacman on the bench and rolling the dice with high character players that you trust.  Look what happened, they lost anyways so why not play guys who are not a HUGE liability.  Looks like selling your soul is more important than doing what is best for the team.  I don't know.......

28 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Oh, there's no way the Bengals are trading one of their QBs to a division opponent.  

I would hope not, and I doubt McCarron would want to go to Cleveland. The place were quarterbacks go to die.