They Want Hue, They Want Hue So Bad, Baby

HoosierCat

Boy, what options there.  The only one of those teams with a halfway decent option at QB is Miami with Tannehill.
While the Browns have the #2 pick to grab the next lucky QB to call Cleveland home, that would hardly be enough of a reason to take on that crap.
Money talks, but that would have to be one hell of a lump sum of cash to get me to want that job.

SF isn't a horrible option. They have the seventh overall pick in the first and are at the bottom of a three team rotation, so they move up to fifth in the second, and sixth in the third before going back to seven in the fourth. Thanks to trades they have two picks in the fifth (theirs and SDs) and three in the sixth (theirs, Dallas' and Denvers') but none in the seventh. So that's three picks in the top 70 and plenty of ammo for trades if you want. 

If you are looking to rebuild that's a good setup.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

SF isn't a horrible option. They have the seventh overall pick in the first and are at the bottom of a three team rotation, so they move up to fifth in the second, and sixth in the third before going back to seven in the fourth. Thanks to trades they have two picks in the fifth (theirs and SDs) and three in the sixth (theirs, Dallas' and Denvers') but none in the seventh. So that's three picks in the top 70 and plenty of ammo for trades if you want. 

If you are looking to rebuild that's a good setup.

plus plenty of cap space... or, so they say.

With so many spots open, and Hue showing so much success, I imagine he will be a goner. I'd be surprised if Guenther gets a HC gig, don't see him as having the experience needed, compared to the frequently mentioned candidates.

20 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

True, though if he were to leave that would open a spot for Vance Joseph. Given all the interest in him as a DC last year he seems sure to be gone this offseason.

If Hue goes I have no idea where they go then...

My guess would be they'd promote Zampese. doubt they'd go outside and have someone bring in a new system.

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

I will be pissed if the Browns hire him. I hope he just says no to that disaster.

Really wanted him to stay here and be the head coach, but that won't happen, it will suck to see him go.

Hopefully Andy will succeed under somebody new 

Hope for a long playoff run and hopefully all jobs will be filled after the superbowlSuper Bowl

I'd agree regarding Tobin. Better he stay than go. the last 6-8 years of drafting has been among th best in the league and while we don't know exactly who to attribute it to, we can hope they don't upset the apple cart in their process, right?

I doubt he'd have that title, since the Brown family has their ways, meaning "no GM needed". But its clear they are better with Tobin than without.

The Tobins (Duke and his dad Bill) are longtime friends of the Browns/Blackburns. Bill is still listed as a scout and Duke has the whole player personnel system in Cincy set up exactly how he wants it. There was never any chance Duke was leaving.

19 minutes ago, kingwilly said:

I'd agree regarding Tobin. Better he stay than go. the last 6-8 years of drafting has been among th best in the league and while we don't know exactly who to attribute it to, we can hope they don't upset the apple cart in their process, right?

I doubt he'd have that title, since the Brown family has their ways, meaning "no GM needed". But its clear they are better with Tobin than without.

Ironic that, as far as I know, the only 2 teams that do not have specified GMs are Cincinnati and Dallas. Also, the only 2 teams with MRI machines at the stadiums, which you would think, with today's injuries, most organizations would have those on hand.