They Want Hue, They Want Hue So Bad, Baby

HoosierCat

...it's driving them mad!

@AllbrightNFL: Been told several times that Hue Jackson is the hottest name on most HC short lists for next season. Two open jobs already.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/651075229398142977

The other "open" job is Indy, which he says is already building its list of candidates.

Of all the various Bengals assistant over the past decade, Hue is the one I would be perfectly comfortable seeing take over. Not a knock against Zim, hated losing him and would have been OK if he'd been made head coach, but Hue is (to me at least) a no-brainer.

It's been said a million times by a bunch of people who have absolutely no connection to the organization.

In other words, fans. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that they either want Marvin as a GM or Marvin wants to be the GM.

I have more reasons than not to think they would ever go in that direction.

Yeah, I want Hue to stay as well and would have zero problem with him as a Marvin replacement.

All we need is the Bengals to win the Super Bowl this season and it might actually happen.

Marvin has said he would walk away at that point. Minus that, Hue is probably the one we see leaving.

Too many variables still, to worry much about, or predict he'll leave or get courted heavily next year. I'm guessing Brown/Marvin work with him to some extent regarding his future with them. You just can't keep bleeding good assistants every 2 years. Hue's been a HC before, can't imagine he's desperate to take over another doomsday job, when he could probably work here forever.

• 1 month later...

Y'know, it's probably worth noting that, one, Hue Jackson is among the hottest coaching prospects right now. And two, of the 12 teams who would be in the playoffs if the season ended today, three are coached by Marvin Lewis, Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden.

i don't think Cincy has ever had such a feast of coaches.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2015, 10:33:32, HoosierCat said:

Y'know, it's probably worth noting that, one, Hue Jackson is among the hottest coaching prospects right now. And two, of the 12 teams who would be in the playoffs if the season ended today, three are coached by Marvin Lewis, Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden.

i don't think Cincy has ever had such a feast of coaches.

That's a damn good testament for prospective coaches looking to come here.