The axes start to fall.

Writing was on the wall after the loss in London. Not sure how much it will help, though.

I have to think Chip Kelly and Andy Reid are in trouble. Both Philly and KC were supposed to contend and they suck so far. Probably Jim Caldwell in Detroit, too.

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Philly is a tough gig, but it's not made easier when making stupid decisions.
If anyone here became a head coach in the NFL, would you make the decision to trade for Bradshaw ??
Hell, would you have made even half the moves Chip made ??

Maybe he can go to the Titans now to coach Mariotta again.

He has stated that he is very intrigued by Manziel as well.

On Sat Jan 02 2016 15:11:11 GMT-0700, HoosierCat said:

Rumor mill bubbling today. Supposedly Pettine is toast Monday in Cleveland, and Coughlin may retire in NY.

Pettine and Farmer are as you said, toasted.

37 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

WHAT!?! Some much for the Lombardi he recently got them. Wasn't it two?

Yup, 2007 and 2011. But since 2011 they haven't even made the playoffs. Great run though. 12 seasons, 102-90 in the regular season, 8-3 in the postseason, two SB titles.

My guess is one of the more desirable teams (Giants, SF, Philly, or Miami) will go hard after Hue. How long will they wait, should Bengals advance?

I could see Hue in the NFC East. Would be sad for him to go but they've had Zampese in the wings for years, so i think Bengals would be fine. Other scenario, if the Brown family already had plans in place, would be for Marvin to step into front office and Hue take reigns in Cincy. That would be news.

Just heard Herm Edwards on ESPN.  He and Jaws were blabbing about the Browns coaching job.  Herm's candidate?  None other than Marvin Lewis.  "Cincinatti you messin' around and wouldn't give that guy an extension, uh huh.  That's you're football coach, now you gotta mess around with the team right down the street, the Browns."

In a surprise move Wednesday night, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired head coach Lovie Smith. He was 6-10 this season, but to me the team seemed headed in the right direction. Third change in the last five years for the Bucs. I'm thinking the ownership there took a look at the coaches now available and have their eye on one in particular, but who?