Reluctant Media Finally Starting to Notice Bengals

HoosierCat

There was plenty of rush. Baltimore threw the ball quick and short to avoid it all day. And, on top of the holding, there was also the sack that Dunlap had stolen from him because Flacco took the intentional grounding at one point.

Kiss of death? Prisco buys in.

It's not just Dalton that is playing well for the Bengals. They might have the best combo of lines in the league. Add in Green, one of the best weapons outside, and a bunch of other nice weapons for Dalton, and this offense will be tough to stop. The defense will be good, even if it let down in the fourth quarter Sunday. For much of the Ravens game, it looked really good.

Most of you will sit here and say this is the daytime Bengals, that when prime time comes calling, or it's postseason time, they will go back to being the Bengals. Not this group. It's too talented.

More than that, Dalton is better. He's much more sure of himself. The ball comes out faster and he's more accurate. He isn't afraid to take the shots. Yes, he made a major mistake holding the ball leading to the fumble for the touchdown by the Ravens, but aside from that he was impressive.

Of course, after four consecutive postseason appearances without a playoff victory, nothing these Bengals do during the regular season will matter to many out there. But if they can win a division and get a home playoff game, that will help.

These Bengals have a different feel about them.

Most of you don't believe it, but you should.

Shutdown Corner (Kevin Kaduk) has bought in so deep on the Bengals he has them currently the #2 Seed in the AFC with the Cardinals #2 in the NFC. I think he wrote it just for me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-playoff-projection--time-to-start-respecting-bengals--cardinals-141446210.html

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 3:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 83.4% (+15.2% vs. prior week)

Win the division: 64.9%

First-round bye: 41.3%

AFC Championship game appearance: 37.6%

AFC Championship game win: 18.2%

Super Bowl win: 9.0%

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 5.4%

Never Tell Me The Odds Report after week 3:

% chance the Bengals will:

Make the playoffs: 83.4% (+15.2% vs. prior week)

Win the division: 64.9%

First-round bye: 41.3%

AFC Championship game appearance: 37.6%

AFC Championship game win: 18.2%

Super Bowl win: 9.0%

% chance of CIN v. ARI Super Bowl: 5.4%

Over a one third chance that we play in the AFC Championship game? Preposterous.

What the hell? I wake up this morning at 6 AM, and I find the Jets and Dolphins game already on. Then I check the TV for the following game and see it's going to be the Chiefs at Bengals. Now that's a good start to a Sunday! WHO DEY and BEAT THE CHIEFS!!

What the hell? I wake up this morning at 6 AM, and I find the Jets and Dolphins game already on. Then I check the TV for the following game and see it's going to be the Chiefs at Bengals. Now that's a good start to a Sunday! WHO DEY and BEAT THE CHIEFS!!

yep, I have been up since 5 am, very excited for both game, Miami game is very excited as I am making fun of my brother :)

yep, I have been up since 5 am, very excited for both game, Miami game is very excited as I am making fun of my brother :)

We also get to see the Rams at Cardinals after the Bengals game. Excellent day for football for us in Arizona. BTW your brother's Dolphins are stinking it up this year.

We also get to see the Rams at Cardinals after the Bengals game. Excellent day for football for us in Arizona. BTW your brother's Dolphins are stinking it up this year.

Yep, very shocked too, Dolphins should not be that bad. my brother hope Spermie fired after this game. thats his nickname for Philbin. dont ask me why he call him that. I have no idea lol

Dre Kirkpatrick sure thinks this team is Elite, and he is Elite, he sure is bragging about it on Twitter lol.

Sorry Dre I like you not sure if your Elite, but you should learn how to tackle he didn't look to good doing it.

Well go get 'em there volcom, tell him how wrong he is! :lol:

Given how banged up Lap made him sound I think he played OK. I say let him have his fun.

I know that's just who Dre is, and I'm ok with him feeling elite or if he feels the team is elite I guess I'm just hoping he doesn't start to brag.

Your right he was banged up, I just saw him twice try to make a tackle without wrapping up. I'm happy with how the young CB have been playing including Dennard as well.