Chiefs @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Holy crap. I'm getting a man crush on Dalton.

He may break your heart...eventually. I'm holding my breath, he started this way last season also (minus the injuries so far this year).

No he didn't.

To that point:

@NFLhistory: Andy Dalton's 123 passer rating is highest of any @Bengals QB thru 4 games in club history (min. 10 attempts)

He will inevitably come back to earth, but right now we are seeing a level of QB play we've never seen before. My advice, enjoy it!

Yeah, he looks like a top 5 QB right now.

That pass to AJ after the bad snap...just beautiful.

That's not the type of play we're used to seeing a Bengals QB make.

And the pass to Tate on the run? Anyone still feel like complaining about his lack of arm strength?

• Like 1

Yup Peko shut his many critics, me included, up today.

That sort of brings up another issue tho: Geno is back but he's getting such a good push teams are having success running through the holes he creates. Not sure how you address that but it needs to be looked at.

He may break your heart...eventually. I'm holding my breath, he started this way last season also (minus the injuries so far this year).

No he didn't.

To that point:

@NFLhistory: Andy Dalton's 123 passer rating is highest of any @Bengals QB thru 4 games in club history (min. 10 attempts)

He will inevitably come back to earth, but right now we are seeing a level of QB play we've never seen before. My advice, enjoy it!

And the pass to Tate on the run? Anyone still feel like complaining about his lack of arm strength?

I've repeatedly said my beef with Dalton are turnovers and unforced mistakes, he avoided those last year early on too, playing well. Injuries are going to happen, just hope it's not as widespread as last season, but we're 4 games in, and yes, I'm enjoying the great play, he's doing just what he needs to, and more right now.

That sort of brings up another issue tho: Geno is back but he's getting such a good push teams are having success running through the holes he creates. Not sure how you address that but it needs to be looked at.

Yea Lap was saying that as well he pushes the guard/center back and makes an easy lane behind him. Better hope the LB is playing the right gaps.

No he didn't.

To that point:

I've repeatedly said my beef with Dalton are turnovers and unforced mistakes, he avoided those last year early on too, playing well. Injuries are going to happen, just hope it's not as widespread as last season, but we're 4 games in, and yes, I'm enjoying the great play, he's doing just what he needs to, and more right now.

One thing though he has 9 TDs now where it took him 11 weeks to get that last year. Not sure how many ints he had though but I bet it was up there.

Where is the Peko love these days?

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQffYqzUsAAVAG2.mp4

I saw that dance live and in person, and.....he was faced away from us, so I mostly saw Mr Jass.

You know Hugh Jass, right?

Yeah, he was over at my place last week with his buddy Big Bubble. Had to call roto rooter after they left.

It's simple gap responsibility. The LBs have to come up and fill. Missing Burfict for this purpose.

Didn't get to watch the game, did Dawson see the field?

Some fun facts courtesy of the Chiefs Planet board:

This was the first time (at least since 1940) a team kicked 7 FGs and lost.

Chiefs came up just 41 yards short of setting a record for most yards gained without a TD.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295057

Some fun facts courtesy of the Chiefs Planet board:

This was the first time (at least since 1940) a team kicked 7 FGs and lost.

Chiefs came up just 41 yards short of setting a record for most yards gained without a TD.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295057

Must have been some good 3rd down defense obviously.

My Bengals Jersey is starting to get a bit ripe, but I'm not washing it while we're on this roll.

Please do not wash that thing. And whatever else you're doing or not doing, please keep doing or not doing it!

Well I'm not drinking or having sex either. I'll take one for the team and continue to live a miserable existence.

I don't think Dawson played defense snaps, he was on special teams though.

When Vincent Rey went out Lamur came in.

I could be wrong but didn't see or hear anything

Whats is gonna take for him to get on the field on regular D, Is this a page from the "Jerome Simpson school pf roster rmanagement?