Chiefs @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

@JasonLaCanfora: MRI on Ben Roethlisberger confirms an MCL sprain. No damage to ACL. Expected to make a 4-week recovery

So he'll likely be back for the Bengals game.

Edit: or maybe not lol

@AdamSchefter: MRI revealed Ben Roethlisberger did not tear his ACL, but he sprained his MCL and now is expected to miss "probably 6 weeks," per source.

I don't want Rottenfurburger to miss time and certainly not the Bengals game.

Whatever he misses will just be an excuse for the Steelers who were named AFC North Champs prior to the season starting.

The Chiefs at home ?? Yep, another win the Bengals should claim.

They beat the Texans at home and lost to the Broncos on the road. We will see what they do tonight.

They need to keep Charles from running all over the place and contain Kelce. Make them beat us with passing the ball to Maclin and no one after him.

Marcus Peters has managed 2 INT's for the defense and that's all they've been able to get, but they have a nice pass rush with Houston.

I think they get spanked tonight by the Packers and again next week in the jungle.

WHODEY !!!

I'm concerned that Steve Smith snr was able to get 186yds receiving against us, and that Baltimore converted 2 out of 3 fourth down attempts.

We have to contain Kelce and historically we've been poor covering TEs.

Maclin could give us problems as per Steve Smith snr

We need to make sure the first tackle counts ....at times Baltimore went through the defender as if he was made from wet tissue paper - not good enough !!

We are very capable of beating Kansas, and at the same time we could trod on a banana skin if we don't prepare, don't focus, don't execute.

Oh and Marvin - please take points when they present themselves

I'm concerned that Steve Smith snr was able to get 186yds receiving against us, and that Baltimore converted 2 out of 3 fourth down attempts.

We have to contain Kelce and historically we've been poor covering TEs.

Maclin could give us problems as per Steve Smith snr

We need to make sure the first tackle counts ....at times Baltimore went through the defender as if he was made from wet tissue paper - not good enough !!

We are very capable of beating Kansas, and at the same time we could trod on a banana skin if we don't prepare, don't focus, don't execute.

Oh and Marvin - please take points when they present themselves

Don't forget their stud RB Jamaal Charles. He can cause big problems. I'll be watching the MNF game closely tonight.

I hope Illoka is ok, because I'm not liking Shaun Williams back there. I know coaches like him, but his play yesterday was not very good. So please come back soon Illoka!

I think we throw yesterday out the window, great come back win, but division games are always so crazy, and that one really was.

So hopefully the pass defense is not really that bad, or hopefully the tackling is not that bad, and the pass rush will be back. Not much blitzing from Paul and when they did they were getting there.

Chiefs defense worries me more then anything, but if the o-line can come up big and give Andy time, somebody will sure to be open all game, can't double everyone.

Chiefs lose a corner:

A Chiefs secondary already struggling to do anything to slow down Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers took another hit early Monday night when corner Phillip Gaines went down with a knee injury and was ruled out for the rest of the game.

Gaines, who has started all three games, was in coverage in his own end zone when his left knee appeared to give out and he immediately hit the turf. He then went straight to the locker room with trainers.

The Chiefs started Marcus Cooper at the nickel corner in place of Jamell Fleming, who had a tough game against Denver in Week 2. Still, Rodgers was able to pick apart Chiefs after going three-and-out on the first drive of the game, and he went at Cooper early and often.

Tyvon Branch, a safety, came in to replace Gaines and gave up a three-yard touchdown pass to Randall Cobb on the very next play to put Green Bay up 14-0 in the first quarter.

Sean Smith, who would be starting, is serving the last game of his suspension for a DUI on Monday night.

So last year the bengals faced the Pats after there blowout on Momday night, this week the bengals will face the Cheifs after what looks like a blowout loss. How will the bengals handle it this time?

Give Dalton time and let him find his receivers out there. Really hoping to get the rush game going.

Hard to see the Chiefs being as putrid as they were last night come Sunday. But that said it sure looks like their defense can be exploited by land and air, and on offense I can't say I'm scared of Alex Smith.

If the Bengals can contain the Chiefs early i think they'll be fine.

My head says: the Bengals are coming off a big emotional road win against a division foe, while the Chiefs are coming off an embarrassing Monday night loss, and that combination is ripe for a Bengals loss. It's also something of a trap game, coming between Baltimore and Seattle. Finally, Dalton has to come back to earth sometime, right? I don't mean Bad Andy, but does anyone think he's going to maintain a 120-ish rating all season?

My heart says: they're on a roll. Offensively they're loaded for bear, defensively they match up well with the Chiefs, and if they are due for a letdown now, well, they were due for a letdown against SD after a big road win (the franchise's first ever) in Oakland and they stood up to all the desperation Baltimore could muster, including an almost successful attempt by Steve Smith to win the game singlehandedly. And the Chiefs ain't got Steve Smith.

I think I'm going with my heart. Bengals 27, Chiefs 17.

Finally, Dalton has to come back to earth sometime, right? I don't mean Bad Andy, but does anyone think he's going to maintain a 120-ish rating all season?

I think we're all tired of you just constantly bashing Dalton all year. As I predicted he's tearing up the league and I have to come in here and read: "Dalton's playing great, which means he'll suck very soon!" How dare you?

Finally, Dalton has to come back to earth sometime, right? I don't mean Bad Andy, but does anyone think he's going to maintain a 120-ish rating all season?

I think we're all tired of you just constantly bashing Dalton all year. As I predicted he's tearing up the league and I have to come in here and read: "Dalton's playing great, which means he'll suck very soon!" How dare you?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Well played, COB.

Chiefs - the one overriding thing about the Chiefs is Andy Reid. He seems to win the games he should, but if they fall behind his teams don't compete at a high level and grab victory from the jaws of defeat. He's an experienced coach so I don't think the short week will hurt them too bad.

He'll watch the tape and see that the Ravens absolutely refused to let us run the ball. It was stack the box and dare Andy to beat you, and the Bengals obliged. I don't think Reid will do the same thing. We'll have more room to run, hopefully. Our MIA power back could have a big game (and hopefully hang onto the ball and get himself out of the doghouse, which is where he obviously currently resides).

We'll have more room to run, hopefully. Our MIA power back could have a big game (and hopefully hang onto the ball and get himself out of the doghouse, which is where he obviously currently resides).

After watching the game last night that's my hope as well. Re the doghouse, not sure it's so much that as how ineffective he was Sunday in early tries. Gio was a noticeable improvement, though he struggled too. Reports say Hill looked tentative out there (I haven't had a chance to watch the game yet, probably tonight) and the SD fumbles might still be in his head.