Bengals @ Ravens Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Green dealing with some issue, per Hobs:

Bengals Pro Bowl wide receiver A.J. Green sat out Wednesday's practice and early indications were it won't keep him out of Sunday's game. He had a sleeve on his knee, but didn't work on the rehab field and stayed with the wide receivers during the early part of practice, another clue it's not major. He had three catches for 45 yards last Sunday and appeared to have no issues duing or after the game.

Practice report from the Baltimore Sun:

Running back Lorenzo Taliaferro and defensive end Chris Canty were the only two new absentees as the Ravens resumed practice this week ahead of Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals, while wide receiver Breshad Perriman (knee) and left tackle Eugene Monroe (concussion) remained out.

Taliaferro, who had 46 total yards and a touchdown Sunday as he assumed an important role late in the game, missed nearly a month with a knee injury before returning for Sunday's game, though it's unclear whether this absence Wednesday was related to the previous injury.

Canty, the veteran defensive end, left Sunday's game with an undisclosed injury in the second half.

Perriman and Monroe missed the game in Oakland because of injuries. Perriman hasn't participated in nearly eight weeks with a sprained knee, while Monroe has been out since suffering a concussion on the first drive against the Denver Broncos in Week 1.

Coach John Harbaugh said Monday he didn't have an update on Perriman, nor did he have one on Monroe Wednesday.

Cornerback Rashaan Melvin, who has been dealing with a thigh issue, was present, as were linebackers Albert McClellan (arm) and C.J. Mosley (knee).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-lorenzo-taliaferro-chris-canty-eugene-monroe-breshad-perriman-all-not-practicing-wednesday-20150923-story.html

Green dealing with some issue, per Hobs:

Bengals Pro Bowl wide receiver A.J. Green sat out Wednesday's practice and early indications were it won't keep him out of Sunday's game. He had a sleeve on his knee, but didn't work on the rehab field and stayed with the wide receivers during the early part of practice, another clue it's not major. He had three catches for 45 yards last Sunday and appeared to have no issues duing or after the game.

Hopefully it's not like his toe.

Seemed a bunch of guys say out today hopefully they will be back later in the week

Seemed a bunch of guys say out today hopefully they will be back later in the week

Yeah, Hobs updated his story...

Green’s injury was classified as a knee and the sleeve indicates minimal swelling. Starting left tackle Andrew Whitworth (back) also didn’t work, but he looks fine and ready to go. Backup defensive tackle Pat Sims(hip) didn’t work. Backup defensive lineman Marcus Hardison (knee) hasn’t worked since hurting his knee in the pre-season finale.

Slot cornerback Leon Hall, listed with a not related to injury, sounded like he was getting a veteran’s limited day. Starting safety Reggie Nelson, who has played both games after injuring his groin the opening week of practice, went limited. So did backup defensive lineman Wallace Gilberry (thigh). . . .

fwiw, the word here in Baltimore is that Perriman is still having trouble running without a limp, and probably is looking at late october before they can think about getting him on field in a game.

Thanks for the update, mem. How are the locals taking the 0-2 start? The sports radio shows must be fun...

fwiw, the word here in Baltimore is that Perriman is still having trouble running without a limp, and probably is looking at late october before they can think about getting him on field in a game.

Thanks for the update, mem. How are the locals taking the 0-2 start? The sports radio shows must be fun...

They are mostly confused. There is some anger at Ozzie from callers, that gets slapped down from hosts. No one is making fun of the Bengals anymore nor are they looking past this game.

They are mostly confused. There is some anger at Ozzie from callers, that gets slapped down from hosts. No one is making fun of the Bengals anymore nor are they looking past this game.

Interesting. I guess you could question Ozzie regarding the talent at WR but I really don't follow Baltimore closely enough to know if that's accurate. The Enquirer has a new segment going with Chris Crocker and he wasn't impressed with their playcalling in week 1 or the ability of the wideouts to separate and make plays in week 2.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/09/24/bengals-film-session-with-chris-crocker/72739992/

Funny to hear that radio hosts in Baltimore shout down any caller who dares question the acumen of Saint Ozzie. Haven't those callers ever watched ESPN and heard what a genius Ozzie is?

Put Marvin and Kaie's last 5 years of drafting up against Ozzie's in Baltimore.

The game Sunday? Eh, on the road, a desperate team. We'll be lucky to pull this one out.

Depth is pretty severely lacking in Baltimore at a lot of spots - and front-line talent missing in many critical spots too. The corners are suspect, no real depth at d-end, the wide receivers are a mess, generally the pre-season showed the starters to be good but every time they went to back-ups, it got bad.

Ozzie shouldn't have given Flacco that giant contract. Now they can't afford other players they would like to keep. I guess someone in the media may notice that Katie and Mike handled it very differently and can therefore afford an actual complete football team. Ha ha, just kidding, no one will notice or care.

It's a division game, who cares about the record it's going to be tough no matter what.

What he said! I agree... A division game against a desperate opponent in a hostile environment. Regardless of talent disparity, somehow these games come off as a surprise - see Cleveland Browns games as a reference. I think we'll know early in the game and see the tone of this one. The Bengals have the chance to come in and put their foot on the Ravens' neck. Like I said... I think the tone will be set very early. Who Dey!!

Ozzie shouldn't have given Flacco that giant contract. Now they can't afford other players they would like to keep. I guess someone in the media may notice that Katie and Mike handled it very differently and can therefore afford an actual complete football team. Ha ha, just kidding, no one will notice or care.

But Flacco is ELITE!

I hate going somewhere during the game and trying not to hear someone talk about the score.

To make matters worse, it's a flag football league for my son and all the Dads are tracking scores.
I tried last week and just gave up. I watched the last 5 or so minutes of the game and that was it.

On the plus side, my 8 year old threw for two TD's and had two INT's while playing defense, with the last being a 98 yard pick 6 game winner.

He did his best JJ Watt (his favorite player) impression in an endzone where there were no parents watching.

Hysterical !!!

• Like 1