Bengals @ Raiders Pregame Chatter/Game Day Thread.

HoosierCat

Very impressive start! The only two things that bothered me was that we still have no discipline! This is the same crap year after year. Why do we accept all these BS 15 yard penalties and why can't the coaching staff fix it? 2nd thing that hasn't changed since Marvin became our HC is that we still haven't played a full game. We basically stopped playing in the 4th quarter and they scored two TD's. Plus, we kept key players in the game, risking injury. That just doesn't make sense. However, I'm happy with the win and am ready for our home opener vs the Chargers!

Very impressive start! The only two things that bothered me was that we still have no discipline! This is the same crap year after year. Why do we accept all these BS 15 yard penalties and why can't the coaching staff fix it? 2nd thing that hasn't changed since Marvin became our HC is that we still haven't played a full game. We basically stopped playing in the 4th quarter and they scored two TD's. Plus, we kept key players in the game, risking injury. That just doesn't make sense. However, I'm happy with the win and am ready for our home opener vs the Chargers!

Neither team displayed a lot of discipline. That s**t needs to be addressed pronto.

I don't think the 4th quarter had anything to do with not playing a complete game. The Bengals deliberately took their foot off the gas. Marvin is friends with Del Rio and I doubt he wanted to utterly humiliate him in his Oakland coaching debut ( not that what happened wasn't bad enough).

A suspension wouldn't surprise me, either. It would be deserved. Really stupid.

Otherwise, it's hard not to be pleased.

The Chargers looked good today, too, so it could be a great test next week. Sure glad it's at home.

Didn't we play them in Cincy in the playoffs last year and lost? We do better against them in San Diego.

A suspension wouldn't surprise me, either. It would be deserved. Really stupid.

Otherwise, it's hard not to be pleased.

The Chargers looked good today, too, so it could be a great test next week. Sure glad it's at home.

Didn't we play them in Cincy in the playoffs last year and lost? We do better against them in San Diego.

A couple of seasons ago. Last year in the playoffs was Indy.

But, I don't count the playoffs. That was also the year that Gruden thought it would be a fantastic idea to throw the ball a million times, when running had beaten them quite handily earlier in the season.

Anyway, San Diego has to travel across the country which is never easy. Plus, 1 oclock games are even harder on them. I'll take every advantage we can get.

Loved seeing them win for the first time in Oakland. Another monkey off the back of the players.

Loved seeing them dominate against a team they should, especially on the road in the first game of the season.

Loved seeing all the healthy weapons this offense has. They will continue to give defenses fits if they can remain healthy.

Loved seeing a defense that was handling business. Again, being healthy makes a huge difference. Nice to see MJ out there.

Hated seeing this team act so immature and unprofessional. They should know better. Hope Marvin runs them until they puke.

Hated the timeouts being used early like that, but who cares when you are up by 30 ?? Just hope it doesn't continue that way.

Hated seeing the starters stay in the game past the 3rd quarter. What point is there in doing that ?? AJ Mc. could have used some more snaps.

Overall, about as good as you could hope for in the opener, on the road, to the west coast, in a place they've never won before.

There is no reason to think this shouldn't be the expectation week in and week out.

Maybe not jumping out to a 30-0 lead, but certainly handling business.

There were a couple of things that stood out to me in terms of things teams have always done TO us. Now, we're finally doing them to other teams...

1) Hill's 4th and 1 TD run. How many times have we seen that happen to us throughout the years? And I've always wondered...why can't we find a guy who makes those sorts of plays for US? Well, now we finally do.

2) Eifert. I expect him to receive much tighter coverage in the future, but it looks like we have our Gronk/Graham/whatever. It sure has taken us long enough, but it feels FANTASTIC.

1) Hill's 4th and 1 TD run. How many times have we seen that happen to us throughout the years? And I've always wondered...why can't we find a guy who makes those sorts of plays for US? Well, now we finally do.

Watching that play last night I thought t exactly the same thing. The radio call didn't do justice to how much that score was Hill and Hill alone making a play. If he had followed his blocker up the gut he would have been stuffed.

The thing with Eifert is how much he does and will continue to benefit from having teams double up AJ.

While they might get tighter, it will take a lot of effort on the part of opposing defenses.

It's not like you double up on a TE and I can't see many LB's being able to run with Eifert and compete with his size.

Yup. With a healthy Green, a healthy Marvin Jones, a healthy Eifert and (probably most important) Hill getting carries from minute one and not spending half the season on the bench while they try futility to pound Gio up the middle, it's a totally different offense.

Both Hue and Andy deserve props for getting this team to the postseason last year despite all the parts falling off along the way.