A Mind Boggling Witness of Year 47!

gregcook68

Eh, they do this every year, as Dehner noted in his column today:

For a refresher, here's a look back at the second and third games of the preseason since Andy Dalton arrived in 2011. This is just looking at the first-half scores, since the starters rarely play beyond intermission.

• Game 2: Jets 17, Bengals 7
  • Game 3: Bengals 24, Panthers 7

• Game 2: Falcons 13, Bengals 10
  • Game 3: Packers 17, Bengals 6

• Game 2: Bengals 17, Titans 3
  • Game 3: Dallas 14, Bengals 7 (punt return TD)

• Game 2: Bengals 17, Jets 17
  • Game 3: Bengals 13, Cardinals 3 (INT return)

Remember that 2013 team that won the North and hosted a home playoff game? There were dismantled by the Dallas starters on the road in Jerry World. The only score was a Brandon Tate punt return for touchdown. Now, it wasn't quite the 23-3 debacle of last night, and the failures of the first team to accomplish much of anything don't go without raising a few eyebrows. But it's not exactly without precedent.

I wouldn't get too worked up.

Eh, they do this every year, as Dehner noted in his column today:

For a refresher, here's a look back at the second and third games of the preseason since Andy Dalton arrived in 2011. This is just looking at the first-half scores, since the starters rarely play beyond intermission.

• Game 2: Jets 17, Bengals 7
  • Game 3: Bengals 24, Panthers 7

• Game 2: Falcons 13, Bengals 10
  • Game 3: Packers 17, Bengals 6

• Game 2: Bengals 17, Titans 3
  • Game 3: Dallas 14, Bengals 7 (punt return TD)

• Game 2: Bengals 17, Jets 17
  • Game 3: Bengals 13, Cardinals 3 (INT return)

Remember that 2013 team that won the North and hosted a home playoff game? There were dismantled by the Dallas starters on the road in Jerry World. The only score was a Brandon Tate punt return for touchdown. Now, it wasn't quite the 23-3 debacle of last night, and the failures of the first team to accomplish much of anything don't go without raising a few eyebrows. But it's not exactly without precedent.

I wouldn't get too worked up.

You couldn't have possibly read my post and respond with what you did!!

Doing this for 47 years, was the whole point of the post!!!!

With all the coaching and player changes over the year, they have consistently failed in big stage games!

This isn't a Lewis/Dalton problem. It's been like this for 47 stinking years! You're a big stat researcher Cat. Check it out for yourself.

I would be surprised if they haven't egged at least 75% of the time in big stage games.

Oh, no, you're right, they've never played well under the bright lights, no matter the coach or QB. But I don't think that had anything to do with last night. That was just a bunch of guys not giving a sh*t in a preseason game.

Time will tell.

Unfortunately they have 4 big stage season games this year, one with the Browns. So assuming they lose the 4 big stage games, split with the division that gives them 6 losses, with the daunting task of having to beat the Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills, Cardinals, and Rams, to go 10-6.

I don't see it!