Bengals @ Bucs Preseason Game 2

HoosierCat

Bengals were almost completely vanilla in the first half on defense. Not very much game planning on the offensive side either. Winston was abused at RT and Zeitler looked terrible. The second and third stringers were pretty much just like the first stringers. I can't worry too much about this game because I get the feeling it was called with out any creativity.

That was about the most boring game plan I've seen them trot onto the field.
Maybe that was by design. Who knows? I won't sit here and fret over a preseason game however.

What did look concerning was:

The INT that went right through AJ's hands (C'mon AJ)

The overthrow into double or triple coverage that was an INT (Eifert's going to get killed)

The poor play across the o-line (Even if vanilla, that can't happen)

Interested to see what they look like this Saturday.

Successful game, they stayed healthy.

Tampa Bay pass rush was stunting from the word go. I get it, Lovie thinks they need to experience success so he goes all out, while we show nothing.

Hawk got blocked a lot. I hope he can get off a block better than last night, and I'm assuming he can. They looked like a team trying not to get hurt, Tampa looked like a team desperate to win a preseason game.

Winston is as advertised, dude can flat out play.

Andy needs to work on moving when the pocket collapses, when he even got a pocket. Some plays were just our o-line getting overrun. But he sort of just turtles when the pocket starts to break down, he needs to escape. It was disappointing to see him look that bad under pressure. That's what we're going to see all year, the book is pretty well written on him now.