2015 Roster Moves

HoosierCat

Burfict, Hunt, Porter to PUP,Ogbuehi to NFI, Wright Waived

No big surprises, really, but there it is. For those who want more Kirk's got the rundown:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/7/28/9059965/training-camp-defining-physically-unable-to-perform-list

Also, James Wright was waived/injured. He revert to IR if he clears waivers, which seems likely. That sucks. His year is done.

Sigh. Hobs:

Wright, who had been penciled in as the No. 4 wide receiver and key special teams contributor, would revert to the Bengals’ injured reserve list if he clears waivers. Indications are Wright is facing season-ending knee surgery in the wake of tearing his PCL late last season.

Looks like the Bengals (on) crack medical team strikes again...

Hue will try to roll with Green, Jones, and Sanu, then shove Gio in the slot or some crap like that. Also just expect the stories from Geoff describing how great Mario Alford looks. Some unnamed coach is surprised at his burst and athleticism! Observers say he is catching the ball better than expected! For a rookie, vague teammates say he picks up the playbook super fast!

Then practice squad. God forbid a rookie gets his chance to shine around here. Gotta go, gotta chase some of these kids off my lawn!

Greg Little? What did we do to deserve this?

Now I wish we still had baby hawk.

Yeah, that screwup just keeps paying the wrong kind of dividends, doesn't it? All they had to dowas spend a few hundred thousand more on the RFA tag, but no, daddy's Lumina needed a new wax job. And here we are.

In more not-good news, rotoworld passes along this little blurb today:

According to Bengals.com, the team was "hoping to see more" from Denarius Moore this offseason.
Moore's roster odds have improved with James Wright (knee) headed to injured reserve, but he was apparently unimpressive in OTAs and minicamp. It's troubling news for a wideout who has never lacked for physical skills. If Moore can't revive his career under OC Hue Jackson, who coached him to his best season in 2011, it's probably never going to happen.

I swear, Brandon Tate must invest every cent he makes in four-leaf clovers.

Yeah, that screwup just keeps paying the wrong kind of dividends, doesn't it? All they had to dowas spend a few hundred thousand more on the RFA tag, but no, daddy's Lumina needed a new wax job. And here we are.

According to Bengals.com, the team was "hoping to see more" from Denarius Moore this offseason.
Moore's roster odds have improved with James Wright (knee) headed to injured reserve, but he was apparently unimpressive in OTAs and minicamp. It's troubling news for a wideout who has never lacked for physical skills. If Moore can't revive his career under OC Hue Jackson, who coached him to his best season in 2011, it's probably never going to happen.

Man, you are not kidding. Every year the planets just align for that guy, not just to make the roster, but we end up having to play him at receiver as well, which isn't fun.

Man, you are not kidding. Every year the planets just align for that guy, not just to make the roster, but we end up having to play him at receiver as well, which isn't fun.

What difference does it truly make? Great receivers will not help their bush league QB.

I'd pass on Wayne - would MUCH rather see a younger guy who could offer something in the future and not just this season. Hopefully someone will fall out the tree as the squads get trimmed and we'll pick someone up.

The positive about Little (or Whalen or Sanzenbacher) is that they are familiar with the schemes/play calling .... the negative is that if they weren't good enough to stick around then, then are they good enough now?

Maybe time for Hamilton or McCalebb to get their shit together and push for a spot

Greg Little is a receiver whe can do everything except receive. Maybe he found the receiver guru, sort of Tom House for receivers.

Since the new CBA limits team off season stuff, guys are finding their off season help elsewhere, then showing up for camp or OTAs with new-found abilities. For a guy like little, selling yourself to a team might be easier if you show up now having spent the spring and summer seeking out your own coaching and training.