OTAs

HoosierCat

OTAs start today, so I'm sure we will get some more tea leaves to over-react to, obsess over and generally abuse fora few weeks. ;)

Here are some of the "what to watch for" pieces being churned out by the Usual Suspects:

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17332/bengals-andy-dalton-aj-mccarron-marvin-jones-nfl-ota-practice-watch-four

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Listing-into-OTAs/12480e54-f75f-4be4-ba21-d9ddb5aad48d

/>http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/05/25/4-things-to-monitor-during-bengals-otas/27914247/

First practice going. Early reports via twitter from the Usuals include:

Burfict and Porter working on the side. Marvin Jones also apparently not practicing, Hobson says he may have tweaked a hammy. :rolleyes: Maualuga also working on the rehab field, Hobs says it doesn't look serious, meaning it's probably terminal. Sounds like Moobs is limited to side work too.

Still and Hunt not around.

Tyler Eifert in uniform, apparently will practice, which would be a bit ahead of schedule. He said earlier he thought he'd be limited.

Unless we hear of some "Dante Fowler-esque" scenario, I'm not that concerned to hear of guys working on the side, just something to note and be aware of.

Keen to hear how the CB group looks, and how they begin to use Alford. I think he will be one of the surprises of the season. He reminds me of Harvin quite a bit.

Also want to hear about the QBs. How does Dalton look, AJ, Pryor... and the new OTs, see how quick they can get into the schemes. Nothing really physical to see till camp, so only thing to gauge is their mental handling and errors.

Iloka was there after all, just not on the field. Per the Usuals he's got some sort of minor injury or possibly rehab issue (he had surgery in January but never said what for). Supposedly both he and FNR could be back on the field in a few days.

I'm interested to see how they use Alford.

I read somewhere about how Marvin told him his hands were going to hurt from fielding so many punts in practice.

To that I say, GOOD. Well, in regards to him fielding punts. Whatever equals not seeing Tate.

I was watching some more highlights of Alford and I saw something that caught my eye.

His catching style reminds me of Chad. Obviously, he doesn't have Chad's height, but he has his quick feet.

The way he makes his turns on a comeback route after catching the ball and then some.

I can't wait to see him play.

I want to see Kroft and Dawson as well. I think they will get a lot of playing time.

A guy I don't think will get a ton of snaps, but want to see is Hardison.

I really think he will be solid with his ability to play both inside and out.

I know it's way early but with all the fluff we get at this time of the season, there's been no mention of Sanu.

Nothing about him being in a contract year, nothing about him overcoming a season he disappeared at the midway point, nada.

There might be nothing to it, but even Shawn Williams got a fluff piece written about him.

I know it's way early but with all the fluff we get at this time of the season, there's been no mention of Sanu.

Nothing about him being in a contract year, nothing about him overcoming a season he disappeared at the midway point, nada.

There might be nothing to it, but even Shawn Williams got a fluff piece written about him.

You just gave Hobson his piece for later in the week.

Burkhead will be next week.

The time for talk has come to an end.

I find it odd that for a guy that gets all this talk, the team drafts another safety in Smith and a CB that's viewed by the team as being capable to play safety in Shaw. Maybe Williams really is Crocker Jr. (as they called him when drafted) but we have no reason to believe that's the case. Rooting for whomever makes it happen !!!

Clarke certainly is one of those guys that benefits from the Margus Hunt injury.

I hope he makes good on that opportunity. People liked comparing him to MJ, so this could get very interesting for the pass rush.

he has a great opportunity to get into the mix, get some snaps, showcase what he can do. Now's his time to shine !

Hobs' latest OTA writeup:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Why-Lewis-doesnt-like-new-PAT-Wilder-tries-FB-Rex-dabbles-in-slot/95239f5d-6831-45a6-a03c-72e740974e73

A couple interesting tidbits. Hue says Marvin Jones hasn't lost a step, which would be welcome news.

Sanu and James Wright both dinged, though nothing serious apparently.

Burkhead getting work in the slot.

Hobs, from his latest mailbag:

The media only sees one practice a week, but from what I’ve seen the best news is that Atkins seems to be moving a lot better than he did last spring and that bodes well. Green and Jones have looked terrific and Burkhead may be the most impressive guy in camp. The Bengals have been talking about how he seems to have even changed his body over the winter from a bulked up running back to a more fluid athlete. Whitworth is having another fine spring. Michael Johnson looks like he never left and seems to have put last year’s disappointment in Tampa Bay in the rear view mirror.

Geoff blows smoke with the best of them, so take it with a grain or ten of salt. But...BUT...if they get Geno back, the D will rebound quickly from last year.

It's just hard for me to hear this guy talking about how the locker room is so much better than it was when he was here without wanting to hit him with a brick (metaphorically speaking, of course). He played no small part in making that locker room a wreck. Now he wants to come back and play the "older, wiser vet"? Eff that noise. If I were Marvin I would have handed him a bottle of Gatorade gratis and kicked his ass out the door.

My point with him being part of all of that craziness.

Many thought (and still do) that Chad was the only problem in that locker room, but TJ was an equal player in all that bullsh*t.

I don't really need to hear how he went all out, can still play, or any of that talk. I don't really care.

I'd actually be good in hitting him with that brick for real.

More of the F*CK YOU CHAD's, should have been F*CK YOU TJ's !!!

That being said:

F*CK YOU TJ !!!

:finger: