Whitworth Goes Nuclear?

Tweet was apparently deleted in seconds, I got totally lucky checking Twitter on my phone while pumping gas. Now Whit's account is down...

Guys on Twitter still not sure if it was meant as a DM or an epic troll...

Normally I'd be willing to give Whit the benefit of the doubt, but after the last couple days of his public if low-key campaign for a new deal...well, I have to wonder how accidental this accident really was.

I don't actually believe he will hold out. But I can also believe he isnt in the team's long-term plan.

Something sounds hinky here. That is a very inflammatory tweet, fake or not.

For Whit, this should b about simply letting his play on the field speak for itself. Most regular fans support Whit, and note the oddness of the first two rounds of the draft but here is a guy who is highly rated and regarded as a leader on the team. Leaders generally take their beef public, unless there are more reasons to be unhappy (along the lines of Palmer, wanting the team to manage things a certain way).

I have a hard time believing Mike Brown told him he was done here.

One thing that as longtime fans can sense, players often get to a fatigue point with the Brown family, and that can sour their view on lots of things. Sadly, Wit may be hitting his fatigue threshold....

Wow, I'm getting to the point where if Whit is gone after this season, I really wont care. He is not leading the correct way right now.

Quit whining and get on with making millions of dollars to play the game you love. If he truly wants to be a Bengal for life, all he has to do is take a pay cut (like Brady and Manning both have done) so the team can keep building for the future, while he plays out his time doing any job the team asks of him. You know like any employee at any job, in the real world.

latest update

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12852498/andrew-whitworth-contrite-previously-criticizing-cincinnati-bengals