Bengals Sign Denarius Moore

I'm just thinking... Why not move up and get Kevin White at WR? Even if you package a first and maybe a Sanu orJones - it is a good risk/reward scenario. You get the top WRin the draft to side with Green at a rookie price tag for the next 3-4 years.

Don't think the Bengals will be trading up to snatch a WR now ... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2389638-nfl-free-agency-2015-tracking-all-the-latest-signings/page/2

I thought I read somewhere that the Bengals resigned Tate. That was a waste of money and a roster spot. He should have been gone a few years ago! So, I'd like to see him get beat out!

According to the dot com the Bengals, without including a rookie wideout from this years draft, are sitting on the following WR corps:-

AJ Green

Marvin Jones

Mohamed Sanu

Demarius Moore

James Wright

Dane Sanzembacher

Cob Hamilton

Tevin Reese

Brandon Tate

Eric Ward

That's a good bit of competition for the final group to come through ....just as it should be.

Add in a decent rookie via the draft should one become available and it gets pretty tastey. Of course, the Moore signing takes away the need for a WR in the early rounds but keeps their options open.should someone fall. I like this move and like how this Free Agency has opened up the draft ....good bit of work by the coaches and Front Office.

To Scottish- I agree they have done well to get the best positioning in the draft. Moore is a very solid sign.

Front office looks good this offseason.

Still, we are down a TE, need a future LT, need more talent at WR, need a ST guy like Peerman was, and still need more talent at LB.

If we adress that in the rest of the offseason, including the draft, I say it's a coup by the front office.

To Scottish- I agree they have done well to get the best positioning in the draft. Moore is a very solid sign.

Front office looks good this offseason.

Still, we are down a TE, need a future LT, need more talent at WR, need a ST guy like Peerman was, and still need more talent at LB.

If we adress that in the rest of the offseason, including the draft, I say it's a coup by the front office.

Yeah, we are set up nicely to nail this draft..

OT - I'd have liked to have seen AC return but that hasn't happened so a future OT is a definite, and 2 is a possibility.

TE - Do we REALLY need another TE ?? Depending on Hue's schemes for this season and how the incumbent guys are viewed it may not be as high a draft pick as you'd think. We have Eifert, Smith, Brock, ....how the coaches feel about Murphy I have no idea, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Gresham re-signed either. TE in the draft is a possibility, but not sure how much urgency there is with this position. Hewitt stepped in a did a great job blocking last season and with commitment to the running game I don't know how much emphasis will be put on a pass catching TE.

LB - definitely need more quality here - Burfict still has ?? (according to social media and pundits) but the coaching staff knows better, FNR has re-signed and Hawk has been added and we still have Lamur and LNR, . The coaches seem keen on Flowers, Di Manche, and it's time for Porter, Carter, Johnson and Fort to step up ....would love to see some quality addition to the LB corps. Can't see it being with the No.21 pick though.

I think CB will be a draft shot somewhere along the line, as well as DE/DT in the later rounds.

I disagree with having to take an OT. The Bengals have set themselves up to be able to take the best player regardless of position (unless that position is QB or RB).

If Trae Waynes drops to us and he is the BPA take him! Same for Malcom Brown, Eddie Goldman, Landon Collins, Amari Cooper, Arik Armstead, or Shaq Thompson. The only guys (ignoring the QB and RB positions) the I would have problems with are the guys who are serious character ? Like Randy Gregory or Doral Green Beckham.

Now if La'el Collins, Erik Flowers, Andrus Peat, or Cam Erving is our pick I would be thrilled. It is looking very likely that those guys go ahead of us at 21 in which case a very good player will slide.

I disagree with having to take an OT. The Bengals have set themselves up to be able to take the best player regardless of position (unless that position is QB or RB).

With Whitworth turning 34 during the season, and with Whit, Moobs and Winston all out of contract at the end of this season, I think it's crucial that the Bengals take at least 1 OT. Winston will also turn 32 this season so going younger and covering possible vacant spots next season, IMO, would be a smart move..

I disagree with having to take an OT.

Well, technically speaking they don't "have" to take anyone. They could just pass on all their picks. ;) But I still think OT is plan A, B and C at 21.

That said, you're right that the position could get picked over before the Bengals' turn comes around, leaving an unexpected name or two on the board. If that happens I expect them to turn back to OT ASAP (like round two). They do need to get some talent in the pipeline. But conventional wisdom at the moment seems to be that Andrus Peat will be there at 21, and if I had to put a marker down, that's where I'd put it.

I disagree with having to take an OT.

Well, technically speaking they don't "have" to take anyone. They could just pass on all their picks. wink.gif But I still think OT is plan A, B and C at 21.

That said, you're right that the position could get picked over before the Bengals' turn comes around, leaving an unexpected name or two on the board. If that happens I expect them to turn back to OT ASAP (like round two). They do need to get some talent in the pipeline. But conventional wisdom at the moment seems to be that Andrus Peat will be there at 21, and if I had to put a marker down, that's where I'd put it.

I'd say the first round is entirely up for graps. Whit was a 2nd rounder, after all.

It just comes down to how they see the depth in this draft.

I'm thinking it's pretty likely at this point that there is an OT the Bengals would consider sitting at #21, but that doesn't mean it's a lock.

What if there is another player they have rated higher that fell to them ?? Minus a QB or something like that, I think they go with the highest rated.

I would still be more than happy with Donovan Smith, the LT from Penn St. in the 3rd as opposed to reaching in the first.

In regards to the topic and Denarius Moore, I think he has an uphill battle and don't believe either him or Tate keeps them from drafting a WR.

I still think they address WR in the first 3 rounds without much question. With that being the thought this is what it looks like:

AJ

Sanu

Jones

Wright

Rookie

That gives us a battle for the 6th spot between Moore, Tate, and other guys like Hamilton.

I would be fine with Fisher from Oregon, Humphries from Florida, Sambrailo from Colorado, Williams from Oklahoma, Ogbuehi from Texas A&M, Smith from Penn State, and Havenstein from Wisconsin and I will be shocked if one of those guys isn't available at our first selection in the 3rd. I particularly like Williams, Smith, and Havenstein and they all carry a third round grade right now. We do not need to reach to grab a player, let the draft flow to us and take the right guy in the right position.

I would be fine with Fisher from Oregon, Humphries from Florida, Sambrailo from Colorado, Williams from Oklahoma, Ogbuehi from Texas A&M, Smith from Penn State, and Havenstein from Wisconsin and I will be shocked if one of those guys isn't available at our first selection in the 3rd. I particularly like Williams, Smith, and Havenstein and they all carry a third round grade right now. We do not need to reach to grab a player, let the draft flow to us and take the right guy in the right position.

Agreed. It looks like there's a good chance one of those OTs will even be available at both the 3rd round comp (99) and 4th round (120) pick. To me, it seems like there are decent options at OT, WR and TE available just about wherever we want them. S and LB are going to be tougher to find.

I like Amos out of Penn St. and Hollimon from Louisville at safety in the 3rd round or later.

Much like an OT, they won't be expected to start from day one and can take the time to learn.

Color me unconcerned about DE and would rather not see it addressed unless there's a "can't miss", "must have" type of guy there.

I could see the 2nd round pick being an OLB or even the Mauldin kid from Louisville in the 3rd.

It's always so hard to say because there are always players that fall for one reason or another and we have no idea how the Bengals have the players rated. If I had a better idea of how they ranked players, it would be at least a little easier and even then it's a crapshoot.

I still love it though !!!

Good signing, now they can look for a speed WO late and fill the needed holes early. Got to have an OT, FS, TE and LB with the first four picks. Order doesn't matter much take the BPA out of those groups when the pick roles around.

Lots of talent in the current WO group and I'm still hoping for a pounding running game this season anyway.

Good signing, now they can look for a speed WO late and fill the needed holes early. Got to have an OT, FS, TE and LB with the first four picks. Order doesn't matter much take the BPA out of those groups when the pick roles around.

Lots of talent in the current WO group and I'm still hoping for a pounding running game this season anyway.

I don't know that Moore helps them that much in regards to what they target in the draft or that his signing means they will wait to address the WR spot.

That being said, I think they not only want to add speed, but someone with return skills.

If Lockett isn't there in the 3rd round, I would have little problem with them waiting for Alford later on, but Lockett's focus was on punt returns.

Before people want to bash on Alford, I think they should really take a look at him.

He was overlooked due to playing alongside Kevin White, although he led West Virginia in YPC and TD's.

His 4.27 40 at his pro day was ridiculous. He's 5'8, 180 lbs.

Too small ?? Hawkins is 5'7, 180 lbs.

Wish I knew what they were thinking...