Bengals Re-Sign (1year later) Michael Johnson

HoosierCat

If the options are maybe overpaying for Fairley or overpaying for Hall, it should be a no-brainer. We have two r1 picks in he wings at CB, so the team needs them to start being permitted to step up. Still and Thompson are just depth. The team needs Fairley adn MJ more than hey need Hall ans Peko, IMHO.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me Fairley doesn't fit the scheme, tell me he doesn't fit the culture, tell me he doesn't like the food served or even that the towels aren't soft enough.

DON'T FUCKING TELL ME THEY DON'T HAVE MONEY !!!

That's just laziness and nothing more.

Leon fucking Hall. LEON HALL DAMNIT !!!

Tell me Fairley doesn't fit the scheme, tell me he doesn't fit the culture, tell me he doesn't like the food served or even that the towels aren't soft enough.

I couldn't have ranted it better myself thumbsup3.gif

Is MJ really worth a lot of money? His best year was when Atkins was great, and Dunlap was coming on. The year he left he had what 3 sacks? He had 4 last year? What if Atkins is not the same player again will MJ struggle, I think so.

I don't think he's worth a huge contract! Now if you sign Fairly to go with Atkins, and bring in MJ then I say hell yes!!!! Show us change Bengals get this done

I'm not too excited by the prospect of bringing MJ back now, if they sign Fairley, I'd assume they draft another DE on day one, unless I'm not understanding what MJ would cost (if it's not a lot, sure).

I'm surprised there's not more interest in a #2 WR FA though.

Cmon Shula, you know they are down to their last roll of dimes.

I'd hoped they'd go after a vet WR but they've never had success navigating those waters.

I do think this draft class has lots of good WR prospects who could immediately make an impact.

I attribute the loss of MJ for the slide in pass rush, since it meant Hunt Clarke and Gilberry had to take on the load and I don't think they could handle the job.

Even should they sign MJ and Fairley, they still need to upgrade Thompson and Still, and Peko. I'd expect them to still go after a DE/LB in r1, and a WR or O-line in R2.

Hob hole:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/PBS-a-destination-point/5e163742-0295-4173-a6b1-4ede929fe500?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

Shorter Hob Hole: fans want MJ, team mates want MJ, front office wants not to mess up its pretty excel spreadsheet, so...

Sad.

If I read that right, there is nothing that will happen regarding Hall's contract. I find that totally bogus and while it's admirable on a certain level, it creates a super tough situation economically for the team and roster. Paying for something they didn't get, and won't get. That's bad business in my book. Seems arbitrary and selective for Hall to be the deal they bite the bullet on.

I'm not too excited by the prospect of bringing MJ back now, if they sign Fairley, I'd assume they draft another DE on day one, unless I'm not understanding what MJ would cost (if it's not a lot, sure).

I'd hoped they'd go after a vet WR but they've never had success navigating those waters.

I do think this draft class has lots of good WR prospects who could immediately make an impact.

I attribute the loss of MJ for the slide in pass rush, since it meant Hunt Clarke and Gilberry had to take on the load and I don't think they could handle the job.

Even should they sign MJ and Fairley, they still need to upgrade Thompson and Still, and Peko. I'd expect them to still go after a DE/LB in r1, and a WR or O-line in R2.

It's amazing how quickly $40 mil in cap space goes away when you're busy over-paying your own mediocre players.

Reading Hobson's silly puff pieces, you'd think there was a FA orgy going on down at PBS. They've signed one player who wasn't on the roster last year! As a back-up/insurance policy!

It's amazing how quickly $40 mil in cap space goes away when you're busy over-paying your own mediocre players.

Reading Hobson's silly puff pieces, you'd think there was a FA orgy going on down at PBS. They've signed one player who wasn't on the roster last year! As a back-up/insurance policy!

And he broke the bank...........damn you AJ Hawk, damn you! Lol Hobson is just crazy with his talks!

I couldn't have ranted it better myself thumbsup3.gif

Thanks, glad my anger didn't go unappreciated !!!

See Hoosier, not always cool, calm, and collected. :lol:

Look at cornerback Leon Hall staring at a near $10 million cap count in the last year of his second contract. Hall struggled last season coming off his second Achilles’ surgery, but there has been no hint of a reduction or an extension to lower the cap count. The Bengals don’t like to push money into future years, but they also know building up trust with respected leaders like Geathers and Hall is noticed in the locker room. Plus, they've got great regard for what Hall has meant on and off the field and the commitment he showed to both rehabs.

So to be clear, Hall has had 2 Achilles' surgeries, the team notes that he's struggled, and that he's counting almost 10 million against the cap.

They could improve the roster with the addition of both Fairley and MJ, but since Hall showed commitment to both of his rehabs, those two are out.

No restructure, no moving on even though there are two younger first round CB's who are waiting their chance, no additions to improve things.

God forbid we do that, because it would be hard to get future free agents to come to Cincinnati in 2016.

I mean, OH NO, no future AJ Hawk signings ?? Back to the 90's with the team. <_<

How they shovel this bullshit and think fans are simply going to swallow is an absolute shame.

Serious question here... The bengals admit they frontload contracts. They admit they don't borrow from next year's cap. Ok. My question is where is the money? Where has it gone? Not to Daltons team friendly deal. Not to MJ last year. Not to out of house free agents. I'm daft!

Serious question here... The bengals admit they frontload contracts. They admit they don't borrow from next year's cap. Ok. My question is where is the money? Where has it gone? Not to Daltons team friendly deal. Not to MJ last year. Not to out of house free agents. I'm daft!

The two biggest offenses against the cap IMO are Hall and AJ Green. As already covered, Hall is eating up 9.6 million in cap space. Showing him the door would free up nearly $8 million.

Green is set to play the season on his fifth-year option, which is a whopping $10.1 million. They could do a long-term deal that significantly reduces that number.

But the structure of the Maualuga deal is a glowing neon sign that they aren't interested in such moves.

Just read about Brandon Browner visiting the Saints and a deal being discussed in the 5-6M range. Good Lord, and here the Bengals sit, seemingly pleases as punch with $10M for Hall all but assured.

Could get Browner and Fairley... For Hall and Peko money.

Tell me honestly, which players would help this team the most? And why can't the Bengals think about it I those terms and entertain these scenarios?

To me, this is just not that hard...

Or consider it this way, indy has made some serious moves to improve with Gore and Andre Johnson and Trent Cole and Kendall Langford, cutting Wayne in the process. It's not keeping up with the Jones's. They need to beat the Jones's.

Could get Browner and Fairley... For Hall and Peko money.

Peko is NOT getting cut this year

The coaches like Peko and want him around for what he offers in terms of leadership, character and guidance to the younger guys. Also I expect they think with an improved D-lin and a reduced role that Peko can still be an effective player for this coming season.

The coaches like Peko and want him around for what he offers in terms of leadership, character and guidance to the younger guys. Also I expect they think with an improved D-lin and a reduced role that Peko can still be an effective player for this coming season.

Oh, I get it. I do. I eve like Peko but they finally dumped Geathers, so I was hopeful that pired with ML saying "change" was coming mean they'd take full advantage of their salary cap position and truly work to improve the team in critical areas.

I was way off. They've done more than usual but I can't point to one area but Lb where improvement many occur.

They've done more than usual

Well they've signed an outside player (AJ Hawk) during the first week which is different for the Bengals.

Other than that its been "sign your own" and plug the depth chart (as in the AJ Hawk signing).

Business as usual in my eyes, just a few days earlier this time round.