HoosierCat

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no official news article on the dot com

???

Yep, excellent to have him back.thumbsup3.gif

If MJ can groove back in and the other core players can get back to level set (Atkins, Burfict) this D can get back to elite. I point to Kirk and Dennard as guys just awaiting a point to step up. I think they are there now. Jones and Hall will serve their role and I hope the coaches don't keep the young guys off to field, just so Hall can get his snaps to justify his pay. I see this as another risk in keeping Hall at his payscals. They are compelled to play him a ton. Start now with his switch to Safety if they really need to see Hall on the field. Keep his eyes and experience in this D providing value.

If MJ can groove back in and the other core players can get back to level set (Atkins, Burfict) this D can get back to elite.

As far as the dline, Peko and Still are still weak points. That's why I keep gritting my teeth over Fairley. But it looks like we have to wait for the draft for a possible DT upgrade.

Good thing about MJ coming back is that they don't need to reach for a pass rusher at 21.

Stripes, you're really missing out if you don't stick around for the offseason. This is THE prime bitching, moaning and knee-jerk overreaction time of the year. It's like Christmas, your birthday and a mugging all mixed together. :)

Fun with numbers: MJ signed a five year deal (through 2018) for $43.7 million last year. Of that he got $16 million in 2014 and gets another $7 million this year for a total of $23 million.

Today he signed a four year deal again through 2018 for $24 million. So combined from 2014 to 2018 he will make $47 million, about $3.3 million more than he was going to make in Tampa. So an average of about $9.5 million/year over that span, and will have made $30 million in just 2 years, 2014-15.

Here is my take. Resigning Maualuga and Boling. Signing Hawk and MJ. Letting Gresham walk. The Bengals are a better deeper team than last year and that is the point. I don't think you can say the same for the division rivals.

Ravens have some big holes. Steelers are a push. Browns are the Browns.

Bengals are up a few notches but the biggest issues are health status of known quantity guys.

Still need DT, TE, WR, Oline depth and depth in many other spots.

The thought of him being back on the roster this season, knowing we will probably end up with a 3rd round comp pick for him leaving last year, is gravy.

I just need to see Geno come back closer to 100% in 2015 and that should prove to be a MUCH better pass rushing unit this season.