Greshams departure imminent

Scottishbengal

Trumpy is the cream of the crop. He's 10th on the Bengals' all-time receiving list in terms of yards (4,600) and first among TEs. His 34 TDs are first among TEs as well. However, that was over a 10-year career. Project Gresh out another five years and he'd have 5,444 yards receiving and 48 TDs. Now, those numbers are a bit skewed because Trumpy's seasons were shorter so Jermaine has actually played in about nine more games over his first five season versus Bob.

The bottom line, for me anyhow, is that Gresham does produce -- and at what is, for a Bengals tight end, a very high level. Is a head case? Clearly, but that isn't anything new down by the river. Does he fold up under pressure? Yup, just like most of the rest of the team does any time the chips are down.

Whether moving on is the right thing, I still don't know. But when I think about what the Bengals did last year to replace the lost production of Jones and Eifert (which was "basically nothing") I get nervous watching a guy who's good for 500-600 yards and 5 TDs a year walk away with no clear plan to replace him other than a rookie.

The bottom line, for me anyhow, is that Gresham does produce -- and at what is, for a Bengals tight end, a very high level. Is a head case? Clearly, but that isn't anything new down by the river. Does he fold up under pressure? Yup, just like most of the rest of the team does any time the chips are down.

Whether moving on is the right thing, I still don't know. But when I think about what the Bengals did last year to replace the lost production of Jones and Eifert (which was "basically nothing") I get nervous watching a guy who's good for 500-600 yards and 5 TDs a year walk away with no clear plan to replace him other than a rookie.

I begrudgingly agree with you Hoosier.

I really don't want Gresham back, but that's a good point.

I hate hearing people say, "well he's a probowl TE" as the main argument, when that would have never happened had 3-4 other guys ahead of him hadn't declined or gotten injured. Tell me he's a good blocker. I'll agree. Tell me he's much more than that and I won't. Those numbers look good, but there has to be an understanding of what comes along with that from him. I think head case is a good way to describe it.

I respect Lap more than any other Bengals media member. But he isn't a coach. Gresham is a quality starting TE in the NFL. He may not be Tony Gonzalez but he is probably the best in Bengals History next to Trumpy.

Dan Ross, Rodney Holman ring a bell. Heck even Tony McGee rates better than he has so far.

Sorry. I take back what I said about Holman not comparing. He and Gresham are pretty pretty similar. One thing I my about Rodney, he didn't start until his 4th year. His 3 probowl years were with the No Huddle Boomers. I'd call them even at this point.

Last year Hue had a chance to see what everyone was capable of ...and what they weren't.

Perhaps the MO this season won't necessarily mean that Gresham is an integral part of the puzzle hence they're happy to see him go without lining up a replacement. He's a decent blocker but is he anything over and above anyone else in terms of catching, yards after catch, and minimal offside/false start penalties ?? I'm just spitballing here, only the coaches have the inside on which direction they're going and if Gresham features in that or not.

• 1 month later...

Just a note regarding Gresham & 2016 comp picks: any FA deals done after Tuesday no longer count toward comp picks next year. So any hope there was that Gresham would sign a big money deal that would net the Bengals an extra third or fourth next year is basically dead.

Just a note regarding Gresham & 2016 comp picks: any FA deals done after Tuesday no longer count toward comp picks next year. So any hope there was that Gresham would sign a big money deal that would net the Bengals an extra third or fourth next year is basically dead.

Wow, what a huge bag of suck that is.

Nice way to end his time here.

<_<

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

apparently Gresham is in Arizona and there was this quote on NFL.com

Averaging 56 catches over five seasons, though, Gresham can catch the ball. He also finished 2014 as the NFL's third best pass-blocker at his position, per Pro Football Focus.

No he fooking can't lol

QFT! :lmao: Bad news for Billy's Cardinals!

apparently Gresham is in Arizona and there was this quote on NFL.com

Averaging 56 catches over five seasons, though, Gresham can catch the ball. He also finished 2014 as the NFL's third best pass-blocker at his position, per Pro Football Focus.

No he fooking can't lol

QFT! :lmao: Bad news for Billy's Cardinals!

Arizona. It seems to be a refuge for former Bengals.

And the Gresham Tour '15 rolls on. Now he's in Green Bay:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000503405/article/jermaine-gresham-visiting-green-bay-packers

He apparently got an offer from the Saints but didn't take it. I don't know if that's still on the table but supposedly they are still interested.

message from the coaches to the D "if Jermaine gets the ball hit his hands" :)

Hit his hands, head, balls, legs, arms, back, front, side, .... just hit the motherfucker into next week ....... (nothing personal against Gresham, t'd be the same mantra against any opposing player)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...