Greshams departure imminent

Scottishbengal

http://stripehype.com/2015/03/11/jermaine-greshams-exit-imminent/

Report that Gresham is headed to Oakland ..... no surprises. Mentions James Casey may be a replacement.

Yup, that's been the word since last night. It should be noted that the Browns crept into the picture late yesterday and that could be tossing a wrench into the works.

If the Browns were to sign Gresham over Cameron Jordan that should tell you all you need to know about staying far away from Jordan.

Heck, that they were even interested tells me that.

With every "Raiders still expect to get a deal done but nothing signed yet" tweet I read I get more and more of the feeling that Gresham ends up back here. This has all the hallmarks of an agent desperately trying to drum up a market for his client...and failing. Which means the offer by the Raiders (and if reports are true the Browns) are meh and Jermaine has the choice of taking a cheap ride in loserville or crawling back here for a cheap ride in at-least-we-make-the-postseason-ville.

Please Raiders take him, we have no desire to keep the unsportsmanlike 15 yard penalty magnet or the fumbling fool any more!

stated perfectly, this dude has drove me nuts for his lack of grey matter play.

I'm tellin' ya, like Arnie, he'll be back. Hobs:

Yes Virginia, tight end Jermaine Gresham is still an option to re-sign with the Bengals in free agency. It still seems like a longshot because of Gresham ‘s health and spotty play last season, but Lewis bristled at the notions. He also downplayed Gresham’s recent surgery.

“He’s had inconsistent play but he’s played at a high level, he’s been a Pro Bowl player,” Lewis said. “He’s a man of many, many, many, many, many, many, many moods. But one he’s consistent with is “I’m loyal to you coach.” We’ll see what happens.

The Gresham question is a handful. He’s been brilliant at times and brittle at others and when he missed the playoff game with an injury as a late scratch, some observers thought it would be tough for him to return.

Apparently not. And the Bengals do have a need because they haven’t replaced him. Lewis sounds like he’s keeping Ryan Hewitt at H-Back, so they need a big blocker to team with receiving tight end Tyler Eifert. Lewis is talking to Gresham often these days. Gresham has also called right end Michael Johnson, whom no doubt extolled the virtues of staying at home.

“I had a premonition that this would occur with Jermaine,” Lewis said, “because Jermaine is a homebody and they all watched what happened with Michael.”

The other stumbling block is the Bengals don’t have a lot of money left with the focus on their own 2016 free agents.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Lewis-quick-hits/9219b3d1-57df-43a0-af84-afc34642182e

God helps us and the many moods of Jermaine Gresham.

Maybe he can tap into his "playing solid football" mood.

I know you're being sarcastic but I wonder if you aren't onto something. It sounds like Gresham might benefit from a chat with a therapist and a prescription for some Prozac.

God helps us and the many moods of Jermaine Gresham.

Maybe he can tap into his "playing solid football" mood.

I know you're being sarcastic but I wonder if you aren't onto something. It sounds like Gresham might benefit from a chat with a therapist and a prescription for some Prozac.

The fact that this came out is kind of surprising, commenting on the personality of a player in such a way is way out of character for ML. The fact that he was so explicit signals to me that Gresham will never come back.

And yes, perhaps Jermaine may need some head shrinking or brain meds, certainly wouldn't be the first pro to get some needed help. It's never be Gresham isn't physically able to of the job, it's all been between the ears.

Yes Virginia, tight end Jermaine Gresham is still an option to re-sign with the Bengals in free agency. It still seems like a longshot because of Gresham 's health and spotty play last season, but Lewis bristled at the notions. He also downplayed Gresham's recent surgery.

"He's had inconsistent play but he's played at a high level, he's been a Pro Bowl player," Lewis said. "He's a man of many, many, many, many, many, many, many moods. But one he's consistent with is "I'm loyal to you coach." We'll see what happens.

The Gresham question is a handful. He's been brilliant at times and brittle at others and when he missed the playoff game with an injury as a late scratch, some observers thought it would be tough for him to return.

Apparently not. And the Bengals do have a need because they haven't replaced him. Lewis sounds like he's keeping Ryan Hewitt at H-Back, so they need a big blocker to team with receiving tight end Tyler Eifert. Lewis is talking to Gresham often these days. Gresham has also called right end Michael Johnson, whom no doubt extolled the virtues of staying at home.

"I had a premonition that this would occur with Jermaine," Lewis said, "because Jermaine is a homebody and they all watched what happened with Michael."

The other stumbling block is the Bengals don't have a lot of money left with the focus on their own 2016 free agents.

http://www.bengals.c...84-afc34642182e

I'm not sure if I like that idea or not. I believe he is an incredible head case. Lap alluded to this on several occasions. But he is a known entity so I guess it could be worse.

My biggest complaints have been his ball carrying skills and the pre-snap penalties. I heard he has lost 11 fumbles, not to mention the ones that have been recovered. That's a lot for a guy with less than 300 catches in his career. I'm not sure if this team can overcome a fumble from him two or three times a year plus the penalties.

In all fairness to Jermaine, I think he gets a bit of a bad rap on the fumbles and interceptions. He did have 3 fumbles last season, but none were lost (and IIRC one was a the ball he recovered for a TD). On the penalty front, Gresham had a grand total of six penalties last season, and of those only one -- a false start that turned a 3-8 into a 3-13 that wasn't converted and resulted in a punt -- really had an impact on the drive it happened on.

/>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GresJe00/penalties/

What Gresham did have was a horrible 2012-13 in terms of penalties, when he drew a combined 20 flags.

Yes Virginia, tight end Jermaine Gresham is still an option to re-sign with the Bengals in free agency. It still seems like a longshot because of Gresham 's health and spotty play last season, but Lewis bristled at the notions. He also downplayed Gresham's recent surgery.

"He's had inconsistent play but he's played at a high level, he's been a Pro Bowl player," Lewis said. "He's a man of many, many, many, many, many, many, many moods. But one he's consistent with is "I'm loyal to you coach." We'll see what happens.

The Gresham question is a handful. He's been brilliant at times and brittle at others and when he missed the playoff game with an injury as a late scratch, some observers thought it would be tough for him to return.

Apparently not. And the Bengals do have a need because they haven't replaced him. Lewis sounds like he's keeping Ryan Hewitt at H-Back, so they need a big blocker to team with receiving tight end Tyler Eifert. Lewis is talking to Gresham often these days. Gresham has also called right end Michael Johnson, whom no doubt extolled the virtues of staying at home.

"I had a premonition that this would occur with Jermaine," Lewis said, "because Jermaine is a homebody and they all watched what happened with Michael."

The other stumbling block is the Bengals don't have a lot of money left with the focus on their own 2016 free agents.

http://www.bengals.c...84-afc34642182e

I'm not sure if I like that idea or not. I believe he is an incredible head case. Lap alluded to this on several occasions. But he is a known entity so I guess it could be worse.

My biggest complaints have been his ball carrying skills and the pre-snap penalties. I heard he has lost 11 fumbles, not to mention the ones that have been recovered. That's a lot for a guy with less than 300 catches in his career. I'm not sure if this team can overcome a fumble from him two or three times a year plus the penalties.

Lap can't stand the guy, and he told everyone listening he wants nothing to do with on this team. I'm sure it will go over really well if he is back lol lol.

Heres another way to look at it: Mark Chumura, Rickey Dudley, Kevin Boss, Brandon Pettigrew... Remember those guys? If they were 26 year old free agents today, would you sign one of them? If yes, then you would sign Gresham because his career mirrors theirs.

I respect Lap more than any other Bengals media member. But he isn't a coach. Gresham is a quality starting TE in the NFL. He may not be Tony Gonzalez but he is probably the best in Bengals History next to Trumpy.

Dan Ross, Rodney Holman ring a bell. Heck even Tony McGee rates better than he has so far.