Bengals Re-Sign Eric Winston

HoosierCat

TWO great pieces of business by the Bengals front office - Winston in, Shitehouse out.

Get AC move Whit to G. Done and done. Still draft a tackle but now you don't have to scramble for one at 21.

Sounds good to me, Whit would be great at guard in his final years.

Concur with all of the above, but just getting him back in the fold would be good for me.

What happens after that would have to wait and see.

Get AC move Whit to G.

Wasn't it because Whit wouldn't move to guard that AC couldn't be a starter and so he left town?? Why would Whit move now, 12 months after some folk believed that he refused to move position.

I'd love that scenario but I don't think it's gonna be as straightforward as some of us would hope .....

It's believed that he refused to move from OT to OG because he did actually refuse.

That's not meant to be smart Scottish, just pointing it out.

To your point, I don't think Whit would be any more inclined to move in 2015 than he was in 2014.

The Bengals wouldn't force the issue, but Collins at LG if Boling leaves wouldn't bother me either.

It's believed that he refused to move from OT to OG because he did actually refuse.

That's not meant to be smart Scottish, just pointing it out.

To your point, I don't think Whit would be any more inclined to move in 2015 than he was in 2014.

The Bengals wouldn't force the issue, but Collins at LG if Boling leaves wouldn't bother me either.

Bringing back Collins means they don't have to deal with the probable issues a draft pick presents in learning a scheme, growing up, etc.

Stability and experience... Good things to have. Rarely do people get a do+over...

Winston show up in this Vice Sports piece as the bootlicking toady of NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith.

/>https://sports.vice.com/article/who-ruined-the-nfl-players-union

It's amazing how screwed the players got in the CBA and apparently Smith had a lot to do with that. Fascinating read.