Bengals Sign AJ Hawk

HoosierCat

Can't hurt, veteran depth is always a good idea. Especially with Burfict will on the mend. Wonder how much JohnCooper input is driving this?

Let's get more veteran guys lined up for visits like knighton, Hughes, Odrick, Clayborn.... Line them up and see who's a fit. The time is now.

Yup. Worst thing that happens is they waste a few peanuts on dinner, a room and a plane ticket.

After Hawk was cut there was some chatter that Green Bay might look to bring him back at a lower price, depending on circumstances. So I'd be a bit surprised if anything came of this immediately.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they will improve the D. They have the ¢to maybe lock up At Green now, too. Since it will only get harder in 2016 when it seems like the whole roster is expiring.

Either way, improve the quality of depth on the D and draft really well so they can Oxmoor again St an elite level.

You would think AJ wants to start, but who knows. I would be ok with him at depth

F%$K it - let them all battle for the starting roles in camp ..... competition should be a mandatory piece of the philosophy - earn your stripes each year !!!

Heard this on my ride home and stopped to post it but the hamsters powering the site were on break. Fine with this as depth. Worrying sign re Vontaze.

Yep me to, they have a lot of money tied up in this LB core, and now I worry about Burfict. It's a lot of money for a not so shinning group, it's not horrible, but not great

Good, smart signing. Has a Dhani Jones feel to it. Experienced guy used to playing at a high level on winning team. Guide the young guns, set a professional example and play hard.

Next up, improve the pass rush: MJ... would suffice in my mind. Pick up right where he left off.

After that brings the inevitable. Cut Hall. Hall would be snapped up in a NY minute, maybe even by the Jets....

That would give them the extra cake to score an upgrade at DT or WR, like maybe Kendall Langford or Hakeem Nicks.

I just want them to stop spectating the top teams working o improve their rosters. FFS.

Good move - no doubt that will help the LB corps and still keep draft options open for B.P.A thumbsup3.gif

It's a fine signing for what it is. IMO its importance lies in the space above Hawk's neck. With both Vontaze and Maualuga out last year, the LB corps was lost. Couldn't get lined up right, couldn't diagnose plays, didn't cover gaps, took bad angles, the whole ugly deal. Hawk may not have a lot left post-snap, but at least he's a field general who can read a play and get everyone in the right place, which is more than half the battle.

• 1 month later...