Offseason Calendar

HoosierCat

Just 'cause Coley put it up & there are always questions on what happens when:

Feb. 16: The first day teams can designate franchise or transition players.

Feb. 17-23: NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

March 2: By 4 p.m. ET, teams must designate franchise or transition players.

March 10: The 2015 league year and free-agency period begins at 4 p.m. ET. Teams must all be under the 2015 salary cap by 4 p.m. ET.

March 22-25: Annual league meeting in Phoenix.

April 20: Offseason conditioning program begins.

April 21: 2015 schedule released (date subject to change).

April 24: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

April 29: Deadline for prior clubs to exercise right of first refusal to restricted free agents.

April 30 - May 2: NFL draft

May 3 - deadline to pick up fifth-year options on Dre Kirkpatrick & Kevin Zeitler's contracts. (NOTE done April 27)

May 26-28: OTAs

June 2-4: OTAs

June 8-11: OTAs

June 16-18: Mandatory minicamp

Any indication when the NFL schedule will be released ??

It usually comes out in mid to late April.

Cheers. So just prior to the draft ......can't wait - need to see how much flights are for particular games w00t2.gif

I'm really looking forward to the Seattle and Houston game at home. Seattle for obvious reasons and Houston because of my son.

I'm considering have a Vance Joseph jersey made from China and taking a road trip to Denver !!! :lol:

Seriously though, one road game a year is going to become something we do every year I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note, today is the deadline to apply the franchise/transition tag.

Also added to the OP, deadline to pick up fifth year options on Zeitler & Kirkpatrick's contracts.

/>http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/03/01/bengals-offseason-outlook-ol/24139589/

• 1 month later...

NFL schedule should be coming out in the next week or three. Worth nothing (h/t Josh) that the first three Sundays of the season will be Sept. 13, 20 and 27, and the Reds have afternoon home games on the 13th and 27th. So absent an early prime time game (which seems unlikely considering what happens to this team in prime time) it looks like at least two of the first three games will be on the road. Probably the sixth straight season they open on the road as well.

Based on the last five years, there's a pretty good chance the opener will be a division game, too. Three of the last four road openers have been vs. Baltimore (2) or Cleveland. Shefty seems to think the Thursday night opener will be Pittsburgh vs. NE, so at least it won't be at Ketchup Stadium.

Since Le'Veon Bell just got suspended for three games my bet is our first game against Pitt comes in week four, but both Cleveland and Baltimore will get to play them in weeks 1-3.

Sucks about the Reds being at home two of those first three Sundays and them being early games. You know the Bengals will be on the road.

Saw that Bell suspension as well and thought the same thing. Bengals vs. Steelers in week 4.

Still looking forward to seeing the schedule. I have plans to make !!!

Some updates to the calender including the schedule release date, the 23rd. That's per PFT which also adds the date could change. From all I've seen though, that's the far end of the range; sked should be out the 21st, 22nd or 23rd.

Some updates to the calender including the schedule release date, the 23rd. That's per PFT which also adds the date could change. From all I've seen though, that's the far end of the range; sked should be out the 21st, 22nd or 23rd.

CHEERS Hoosier ......much appreciate the update thumbsup3.gif

NFL schedule should be coming out in the next week or three. Worth nothing (h/t Josh) that the first three Sundays of the season will be Sept. 13, 20 and 27, and the Reds have afternoon home games on the 13th and 27th. So absent an early prime time game (which seems unlikely considering what happens to this team in prime time) it looks like at least two of the first three games will be on the road. Probably the sixth straight season they open on the road as well.

Based on the last five years, there's a pretty good chance the opener will be a division game, too. Three of the last four road openers have been vs. Baltimore (2) or Cleveland. Shefty seems to think the Thursday night opener will be Pittsburgh vs. NE, so at least it won't be at Ketchup Stadium.

Since Le'Veon Bell just got suspended for three games my bet is our first game against Pitt comes in week four, but both Cleveland and Baltimore will get to play them in weeks 1-3.

Took another look around the AFCN and looked at baseball schedules.

Cleveland has the Indians in afternoon games on the 13th and 20th, so that pretty much rules out a trip to Cleveland.

Pittsburgh has the Pirates in an afternoon game on the 13th.

Baltimore has the Orioles in an afternoon game on the 13th.

Looks like all of the AFCN will be on the road against a non-division team to start the season.

Browns in Cincinnati week 2 ??

Orioles and Ravens share parking facilities so yeah, they would be out. Not sure if a baseball game in Cleveland rules out a football game, don't know the situation there.

If indeed it isn't Cleveland, then it's almost certain they open not just on the road, but out west as well: Denver, SF, AZ or Oakland. The only non-West Coast team left is Buffalo.

ETA again don't know specifics of each town but FWIW the Giants and Diamondbacks are both home on the 13th, while the Rockies and A's are on the road. So best bets for the opener appear to be at Denver, Oakland, or Buffalo.