Super Bore Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am one fo you guys as well, i was not plan to watch superbowl at all as i hate both team badly, so i couldnt cheer for either, but until i found out something today that made it more interesting and exciting, my oldest brother who i hate badly, bet 500 bucks for Seahawks to win. so now i am cheering for Pats to win

It is strange that the NFL is a regular season sport more so than any of the others.

That 2 week break between the AFCCG and NFCCG and the SB really kill the momentum from the playoffs.

Agreed about momentum. Re the regular season thing, I wonder if it isn't a reflection of how fantasy-driven football fandom has become.

I watched the interview with Dalton on Boomer's show. Boomer made the comment that he feels like the Bengals have enough in place to win a SB but just lack the 'fire'! Boomer didn't point a specific finger at who the source of that fire should be, but just said that it was lacking and someone needed to step up. I couldn't agree more, and last night proved that point, and my prediction that the Pats would win. A gut feeling I had when I saw the 'fire' that the Pats responded with, after the Chiefs handed them their hind ends!

I say it again, I think the only one on the Bengals 'current' roster that fits the role Boomer spoke of is Burfict. I just hope he can come back 100% along with all the other needs for 2015.

I caught a few plays when I took a break from homework in the first half, saw a bit of the halftime show (wish I hadn't), and then woke up to go to the bathroom and caught the last handful of plays to end it. I have no idea what the Seahawks were thinking there. What did they see that made them feel that throwing a slant from the half yard line, as opposed to giving it to beastmode, was the better play call ??

The Seahawks looked confused after the play that got them to that point and it was almost as if they expected the Pats to call a timeout, but it never came. You can blame the throw by Wilson or the effort by the wideout Lockette, but why that call ?? Don't get me wrong, there's no guarantee that Lynch carries for the TD, but you have to think that the odds of that play being successful are far greater than throwing a slant in all that congestion.

Someone (can't remember who) said something (can't remember exactly what) along the lines of, 3 things can happen when you throw the ball and 2 aren't good.

That's a tough play to swallow if you are a Seahawks fan for sure.

Well, to be completely fair, the DB makes a great play reading the play and breaking on the ball. The receiver has no idea he's there until he bangs into him going for the pick. If he's even a second later in reading and reacting that's an easy touchdown.

That doesn't take away from the foolishness of not handing the ball to Lynch, but the pass would have gone for a score if it wasn't for a perfect defensive play. I didn't stay tuned in to see who won mvp but if it wasn't that DB he got robbed.

It was a great defensive play and the ball was thrown a little off by Wilson, but I still don't get it.

Then again, it's easy to look at it and call it the worst play call ever since it failed.

Had the ball been thrown a little better and the DB not make that play, no one questions Lynch not getting the ball on that play. NO ONE !!!

They would all be saying how they fooled the Pats and how EVERYONE thought that Lynch would be getting the ball there. How creative ?!?!?!

Oh well.

Brady was MVP if you haven't already seen.

I watched the interview with Dalton on Boomer's show. Boomer made the comment that he feels like the Bengals have enough in place to win a SB but just lack the 'fire'! Boomer didn't point a specific finger at who the source of that fire should be, but just said that it was lacking and someone needed to step up. I couldn't agree more, and last night proved that point, and my prediction that the Pats would win. A gut feeling I had when I saw the 'fire' that the Pats responded with, after the Chiefs handed them their hind ends!

I say it again, I think the only one on the Bengals 'current' roster that fits the role Boomer spoke of is Burfict. I just hope he can come back 100% along with all the other needs for 2015.

Just struck me, you post on the official site as well.

I used to a long time ago, but don't care for it all that much.

I do still read what's being talked about there from time to time.

It was a great defensive play and the ball was thrown a little off by Wilson, but I still don't get it.

Then again, it's easy to look at it and call it the worst play call ever since it failed.

Had the ball been thrown a little better and the DB not make that play, no one questions Lynch not getting the ball on that play. NO ONE !!!

They would all be saying how they fooled the Pats and how EVERYONE thought that Lynch would be getting the ball there. How creative ?!?!?!

Oh well.

Brady was MVP if you haven't already seen.

On my Youth football team (OCJAAF), I have a former NFL QB and a WR on the coaching staff. The texts with them and our other coaches through the course of the game were chock full of football scheme and insights. The surprise and disbelief they expressed was funny, similar to what we've all seen from other NFL players on Twitter. The former QB is from the pacific NW and grew up a Seahawks fan, so his immediate text was this:

"I will be deleting this thread so as to not run on a rampage with my thoughts in text. I am thoroughly disgusted...in ways so deeply painful it is impossible to describe."

"It just goes to show that just because hey make $5 million a year to coach in the NFL it doesn't mean they're any smarter than a cracked yoke on a rotten egg."

I just laughed and laughed.

The quick/pick play was one of the worst options they could have gone with. Our coaches discussed by text what would have been the "best" plays, instead of a run with Lynch.

1. Read option, roll-out with Wilson having a flood to the right. Since he could obviously also run if needed (including out of bounds) or throw it away (out of the pocket), this was what we believed to be the best.

2. fade to Williams, up high to back shoulder. He either gets it, or it's incomplete.

3. naked boot - Y arrow. simplest play to check into from a run look. Set up to look run, audible to the TE for a chip arrow. probably would have worked.

so, there is a youth football team (with a couple of former NFL guys) and our decision making.

If they were to pass, best options as disscussed by our coaches:

I caught a few plays when I took a break from homework in the first half, saw a bit of the halftime show (wish I hadn't), and then woke up to go to the bathroom and caught the last handful of plays to end it. I have no idea what the Seahawks were thinking there. What did they see that made them feel that throwing a slant from the half yard line, as opposed to giving it to beastmode, was the better play call ??

The Seahawks looked confused after the play that got them to that point and it was almost as if they expected the Pats to call a timeout, but it never came. You can blame the throw by Wilson or the effort by the wideout Lockette, but why that call ?? Don't get me wrong, there's no guarantee that Lynch carries for the TD, but you have to think that the odds of that play being successful are far greater than throwing a slant in all that congestion.

Someone (can't remember who) said something (can't remember exactly what) along the lines of, 3 things can happen when you throw the ball and 2 aren't good.

The irony of this was a very similar scenario in 1981. I know Pete Johnson is no Lynch, but he was pretty reliable down on the goal line, and the Bengals never tried anything but Pete on all four downs, if I remember correctly. I was thinking bootleg or a pass after the first two tries. That goal line stance by the 49ers was a game changer.

I never knew any other forum existed Army, until I came across this one. I don't post all that much anymore there, except when I have time on my hands and like to ruffle their feathers over there! :lol:

The irony of this was a very similar scenario in 1981. I know Pete Johnson is no Lynch, but he was pretty reliable down on the goal line, and the Bengals never tried anything but Pete on all four downs, if I remember correctly. I was thinking bootleg or a pass after the first two tries. That goal line stance by the 49ers was a game changer.

I thought alexander ran it at least once on that series.

I never knew any other forum existed Army, until I came across this one. I don't post all that much anymore there, except when I have time on my hands and like to ruffle their feathers over there! :lol:

I get that. I was just reading and I was like, I know i've seen this somewhere else.

There are always things I could respond to over there, but resist the urge. I'm not a fan of what I see over there, so I just avoid posting.

I thought alexander ran it at least once on that series.

It was a pass for no gain.

That goal line stand was a killer but it was the two red zone turnovers in the first half that did them in imo.