Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

I guess it just depends on what you want to take away from all the talk.

I still don't see Shane Ray falling 4 freakin' rounds and if he's there at the Bengals pick in the 3rd, they better jump on him.

That being said, he won't be there.

If these guys that are taking dings in the first fall, they still don't fall that far.

Even if they fall below our #21, they will still push someone down in the 2nd.

I was going to put together another mock draft (don't have time) and take a stab at saying the Bengals not only trade down in the first, but back up in the 2nd to grab a player that has been pushed down. Maxx Williams comes to mind in that scenario.

On a side note, I try to take a moment here and there to find out what's going on heading into tomorrow and I have to say how much I hate the new ESPN format. It's quite possibly the worst set up i've seen and not nearly as easy to navigate as it was before. Maybe I just need to get on there and mess around with it some more, but it's so jumbled, I don't even want to bother.

Anyway, not much new from what i've seen to this point.

How difficult is it for these kids to stop smoking weed for a few months...Shane Ray just got busted.

Could drop to the 4th now...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/28/as-shane-rays-stock-plummets-talk-that-he-could-fall-to-round-4/

Y'know, if the Bengals get to that 3rd round comp pick and he's still on the board, wtf, go for it. :)/>

I'd support this. Ray is a very good end. His turf toe could be more of an issue than the mary jane. You can quit the ML cold turkey, the toe can linger for some time. Funny, but the MJ may be the ideal way to address the injury pain. RX for smoking is coming, mark my word. Helps with the cognitive stuff from concussions, too, or so they say (from a cloud of smoke).

however, i doubt he slides to r3... too many teams have the need for his game and will also be able to absorb the risk he presents.

On a side note, I try to take a moment here and there to find out what's going on heading into tomorrow and I have to say how much I hate the new ESPN format. It's quite possibly the worst set up i've seen and not nearly as easy to navigate as it was before. Maybe I just need to get on there and mess around with it some more, but it's so jumbled, I don't even want to bother.

It's not just you. The new format sucks donkey balls. I thought multiple scroll bars died with Geocities.

The Collins thing gets weirder.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/29/police-say-they-havent-heard-from-lael-collins/

I have to agree. If I'm innocent, I'm like, fuck the draft in Chicago, I need to go talk to the cops yesterday.

Stripe Hype's 7 rounder mock as follows:-

OT Jake Fisher, Oregon

LB Paul Dawson, TCU

WR, Tyler Lockett, Kansas State

FS, Adrian Amos, Penn State

TE, Tyler Kroft, Rutgers

WR, Stefon Diggs, Maryland

CB, JaCorey Shepard, Kansas

DE, Marcus Rush, Michigan State

TE, E.J.Bibbs

Stripe Hype's 7 rounder mock as follows:-

OT Jake Fisher, Oregon

LB Paul Dawson, TCU

WR, Tyler Lockett, Kansas State

FS, Adrian Amos, Penn State

TE, Tyler Kroft, Rutgers

WR, Stefon Diggs, Maryland

CB, JaCorey Shepard, Kansas

DE, Marcus Rush, Michigan State

TE, E.J.Bibbs

OK, I guess. 2 WR and TE picks seem a little overboard. I could see 2 OT and LB position picks instead.

2 WR and TE picks seem a little overboard.

Yep, I can see, and fully expect, one wide receiver being taken, but with Damarius Moore being added through FA then I think 2 is going a bit too far.

Two TE's?? Again I think that's a bit extreme and I still think Gresham has a part to play (one way or the other) about which TE is picked and where

With Gresham not being a part of the team at the moment or foreseeable future, what do the have at the position ??

I like Eifert, but he's coming back from an injury that cost him 2014. Then what ??

Nothing.

The Bengals still like to run the 2 TE sets and you simply can't do that with the current roster.

Heck, adding one TE barely gets you that and even then it's still sketchy.

I'm not saying 2 TE's are a certainty, but it shouldn't be surprising either.

One early, one later.

With Gresham not being a part of the team at the moment or foreseeable future, what do the have at the position ??

I like Eifert, but he's coming back from an injury that cost him 2014. Then what ??

Nothing.

The Bengals still like to run the 2 TE sets and you simply can't do that with the current roster.

Heck, adding one TE barely gets you that and even then it's still sketchy.

I'm not saying 2 TE's are a certainty, but it shouldn't be surprising either.

One early, one later.

It seems like everyone has forgotten about Funchess as an option. He might not offer much as an in-line blocker but he can run and catch. He will be there in r2 and maybe r3.... Could be a creative pcik they get and create wild mismatches... just recall the creative ways Hue used Rex? That tells me Hue has the vision to find ways to get the ball to guys in mismatches... I'd enjoy seeing Funchess in stripes.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't sign him but would kick the tires. Our pass rush was horrible last season and while I expect MJ's return will give it a boost, we already know what we have there. And injuries do happen. So it's probably worth the cost of a bus ticket and a dinner to update his file. But the only reason I would bring him in now is if they were looking for camp bodies, and they seem to have all they need at the moment.

Bears cut McDonald:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/25/bears-release-ray-mcdonald/

Interesting reading through the comments on this piece. I was expecting to hit one like "LOL he'll be a criminal Bungle by the end of the week" in the first couple of comments...but nada. Cowboys, Raiders, Patsies all being held up as teams that would sign him...but not Cincy.

Have we finally escaped the shadow of 2006?