Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

Another one bites the dust .....

Cobb staying in Green Bay with a 4 year $40Million deal with $17million guaranteed

So...the Miami Dolphins have an adjusted cap number of $152 million, same as the Bengals.

They have $10 million in cap space, roughly one-third to one-quarter of what Cincy has.

Today sources say the Dolphins have reached a $114 million deal, including $60 million guaranteed, with Suh.

The Bengals? Hard up against the cap boys!

The FO is full of so much crap it's ridiculous.

They are simply disingenuous to the point of insult. Arrogant to the point that the had to belive no one can see through their thin smokescreen.

Wow.

The team will be no better off than it was in December. Much less after ML proclaiming changes are coming. What a load.

@scottish yup saw that. So much for my little pipe dream. I still think they need to get a vet WR, fortunately it looks like a pretty good crop. Of course this assumes they bother to sign anyone at all.

@willy absolutely and it makes me crazy how Dehner and Coley parrot their talking points. Dehner for instance has this whole piece on how signing Suh would count them 4-5 starters. Bull. Geathers+Peko+Hall=Suh and you've improved the team.

Report out just a bit ago that Minnesota is chasing Taylor Mays.

Very little journalistic integrity. Call a spade a spade, at least. Being a shill for their BS is the price of access, I guess. So. Lame.

Truth is none of this is even hard to do. They've taken a purple of the necessary steps: Geathers for instance. People and Hall would open up things for almost any move they could want to make. Cole, Fairley, or so. Many other possibilities.

For fans who've stuck by the team for decades, it's just obnoxious for ML to take such a public position and then do nothing.... Maybe we'll be proven wrong and they'll light it up in short order this week but my gut says not likely.

Geathers+Peko+Hall=Suh and you've improved the team.

Can you feel the winds of change blowing through cincinnati yet ???beatdeadhorse.gif

With Maclin going to KC, they will surely let Bowe walk. I'd be far more interested in Bowe than Andre Johnson. I think he has more gas in the tank and would be a better compliment to Green Jones and Sanu.

I don't see much FA moves that qualify as "change", so maybe they are talking about this approach in the draft... Maybe they'll jump up and make a play for a guy like Mariotta, or the USC d-lineman?

With Maclin going to KC, they will surely let Bowe walk. I'd be far more interested in Bowe than Andre Johnson. I think he has more gas in the tank and would be a better compliment to Green Jones and Sanu.

I don't see much FA moves that qualify as "change", so maybe they are talking about this approach in the draft... Maybe they'll jump up and make a play for a guy like Mariotta, or the USC d-lineman?

Or maybe the "change" talk was just so much bull aimed at trying to buoy season ticket renewals.

Bowe would be worth a look, tho I'm not sure about the gas level.

Rumor out today that the 49ers are trying to deal Kapernick. They deny it but multiple people are reporting it. Absolutely crazy if true.

Gresham and Oakland reportedly working on a deal and hope to finalize it by Tuesday.

Bengals want to get a deal done with Boling per Hobs but nothing sounds imminent. Appears he will test the market.

@AdamSchefter: Free-agent guard Orlando Franklin has told people he will leave the Broncos and sign a five-year deal with the Chargers, per sources.

@AdamSchefter: When it gets done, Orlando Franklin's 5-year deal with Chargers expected to come in close to $36.5 million with $20M guaranteed, per sources

Seems likely to impact any deal for Boling. I don't see the Bengals paying $7 million per for a guard.

ALERT! ALERT! BREAKING NEWS! ACTUAL RUMOR LINKS BENGALS TO PLAYER WHO IS NOT OLD, WASHED UP DUDE!

/>http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-bengals-seahawks-patriots-all-in-the-running-for-olb-jabaal-sheard/

I would put their chances of winning a bidding war for Sheard at 0% but hey let's enjoy the dream for the seconds it will last!

I simply don't get how teams with less money available than the Bengals can be so much more active and go after players the Bengals can't seemingly afford.

What appears to be their simple unwillingness to budge in order to make improvements is very irritating.

I acknowledge that I don't know how hard it is to run an NFL team, but this is silly.

I simply don't get how teams with less money available than the Bengals can be so much more active and go after players the Bengals can't seemingly afford.

What appears to be their simple unwillingness to budge in order to make improvements is very irritating.

I acknowledge that I don't know how hard it is to run an NFL team, but this is silly.

It's all about structure. Other teams are willing to pay money up front and amortize the cost over time, aka cash over cap. The Bengals general aren't, though there have been rare exceptions, chiefly with their own guys. Even then they try to recoup those forwarded funds as quickly as possible (which is why they couldn't go after any of Palmers signing bonus, they'd already counted it against the cap early).

The cash over cap approach can get teams in cap trouble, but if you use the tactic sparingly and the cap keeps going up $10 million a year, it's just a matter of book-keeping.

I don't get so many of the general moves this off-season. Nad now as rumor that SF may trade Kap? What? Or that Willis will retire or be traded.

It all feels totally contrived and like a big put on.

Anyone else feel like this FA period has been a huge joke?