Draft/FA Rumor Mill

HoosierCat

You know what we need to keep things on an even keel heading into free agency ??

Extra money to sign players you say ?? Nope.

Some restructuring and getting rid of dead weight ?? Not close.

How about getting that impact player to push us over the top ?? Wrong direction.

What we need is an OFF SEASON METAL OFF !!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Vince Wilfork available.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/05/wilfork-says-pats-arent-picking-up-his-option/

Old but not washed up dude. Cut Peko, sign Vince!

I'd be up for bringing Wilfork in. I'm sure they still have the reinforced toilets from the Sam Adams year, so there's that.

He'd immediately make a Atkins and Dunlap more effective. I'm not seeing any downside except his health. But that's a risk for all FAs.

Man, that'd be a serious move. Love it.

Absolutely no reason the Bengals' shouldn't be looking at Cole and visiting with him. They had no problem paying James Harrison to do a whole lot of nothing really (production-wise) but have no interest in a 32 yr old 7-10 sack a year guy who went to UC?

Oh he might "cost too much" or have too much of an immediate impact for a year or two. God forbid.

I'm not ready to overreact to the lack of activity from the Bengals', but I just see more of the same old, same old nonsense.

Wow...per Schefty Bears are trading Brandon Marshall to the Jets...wow. Props to NYC for the big move.

Meanwhile in Cincy we're just weeks away from signing a 4th-strong DE who'll be cut in August! The anticipation is killing me!

Theoretically, we are okay at WR assuming good health. I'm all about picking up an aging veteran on a 1-2 year rental (Hello Andre Johnson), but I would be completely against giving up a high(er) round draft pick to get one.

Will be curious to see what the Jets gave up for him.

Who's throwing the ball for the Jets again ??

Very possibly Mariota.

Not sure about Harvin, willy, but I would like to see a vet signing.

It will be interesting to see what impact such a big WR FA/trade market has on the draft. It could drop a top WR to 21 and with the Bengals staring at a big extension for Green...who knows?

Who's throwing the ball for the Jets again ??

Very possibly Mariota.

Not sure about Harvin, willy, but I would like to see a vet signing.

It will be interesting to see what impact such a big WR FA/trade market has on the draft. It could drop a top WR to 21 and with the Bengals staring at a big extension for Green...who knows?

Harvin's issues were with Carroll. I think he'd do just fine in this locker room.

Make this does jumble the draft and a guy like White does drop. If so, then hooray. But it's hard to plan for a severe and un predictable change.

You've said it yourself Hoosier. With the cap continuing to go up and up, along with the requirement of the teams to spend up to a certain percent of the cap, it has to be spent somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I think there is a smart way of spending that money, but before someone bashes the deal they signed FNR to, years 2 and 3 should be examined. I'm guessing they will be able to move on in another year or at least the last. I could be wrong, but i'm interested in seeing the whole thing. Rey missed 4 games last season as well, so that would certainly account for the difference in snaps.

Interesting. Harris and Maualuga graded out almost identically last year per PFF.

/>https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/02/26/2015-top-free-agents-linebackers/

Harris played more than twice as many snaps, though.

I thought Harris might have been an option, he's younger and seems more durable.

Bu those are some big numbers, $15M guaranteed... Staggering.

Just noticed that Seahawks TV Zach Miller had been cut. I like his game and could see him being a possible TE target.

Didn't Hue have him in Oakland, or had he already left for Seattle when Hue arrived in Oakland?

All the Suh talk, but what about nick Fairley? He's a beast, too.

Bengals reportedly interested in no one.

dash.gifdash.gifdash.gifdash.gif

So...the Miami Dolphins have an adjusted cap number of $152 million, same as the Bengals.

They have $10 million in cap space, roughly one-third to one-quarter of what Cincy has.

Today sources say the Dolphins have reached a $114 million deal, including $60 million guaranteed, with Suh.

The Bengals? Hard up against the cap boys!

The FO is full of so much crap it's ridiculous.